P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

12 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

So on Wednesday I took my dog out and he met another dog that he hates.  He pulled, I lost my balance fell on my hip and today I had total hip replacement in Derriford Plymouth

You couldn't make it up could you😥

Oh no!! That sounds painful, hope you are feeling a bit better now. How life takes you by surprise sometimes, no one would have ever predicted that happening 

Michelle

32 minutes ago, hollyjess said:

So sorry to hear about your accident Jean.A similar thing happened to me a few years ago. I was taking daughters Labrador for a walk. She pulled me into some bushes as a result of which I dislocated and fractured my left shoulder! 

Heavens!! This dog walking lark isn't as healthy as it sounds. Goldfish sound much safer.😉

I hope you're feeling a little better now.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Heavens!! This dog walking lark isn't as healthy as it sounds. Goldfish sound much safer.😉

Avril

I'm probably just about to take in a rescue dog, so these posts have come at an unfortunate time.:classic_unsure:. Hopefully being small and elderly (the dog, not me) should mean he'll have his work cut out to drag me off anywhere.🤞

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 8

11 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I'm probably just about to take in a rescue dog, so these posts have come at an unfortunate time.:classic_unsure:. Hopefully being small and elderly (the dog, not me) should mean he'll have his work cut out to drag me off anywhere.🤞

Just don’t fall over him if he is small.......🙄

How wonderful that you are taking on an elderly dog.
Please let us know how it all goes and good luck with staying upright.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Angel57 said:

Just don’t fall over him if he is small.......🙄

How wonderful that you are taking on an elderly dog.
Please let us know how it all goes and good luck with staying upright.

I hadn't thought of that.😂

Not wonderful at all - I am allergic to all exercise apart from (moderate) walking, so an older dog suits much better. His owner was an elderly lady, living alone, who died recently; as a consequence he distrusts all men. I shall make no further comment...:classic_blink: (apart from to exclude the men on here from what I am tempted to say)😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

So on Wednesday I took my dog out and he met another dog that he hates.  He pulled, I lost my balance fell on my hip and today I had total hip replacement in Derriford Plymouth

ohhh Jean I’m sorry to learn this and I certainly hope your not in too much pain and you certainly didn’t have to wait very long for a operation, I wish you a speedy recovery and take it easy over the next few weeks , are you at home yet ? I’m sure your husband will spoil and take very good care of you, 

best wishes Sandra 

All the best for your recovery Jean. My neighbour fell over at home and broke her hip a couple of years ago. They brought in a top surgeon from London to do the op and now she walks without a stick, drives etc etc and she is now 82 or thereabouts.

If I had a dog it would have to be a smallish one, preferably trained to pick up and seal its own plastic bag!

• Like 2

The weather  round here is 0.c but with the sun up I think it will climb up

and burn off the frost on the grass .

Good morning everyone :classic_smile: on logging in this morning I thought I had logged 

into Cruise Casualty :classic_wacko:   I never knew Wowzz had taken up Greyhound Racing ?

Better to let them race each other and just watch them run .  It warms my heart 

to hear that Annie's going to give an old rescue dog a home. That's wonderful ..

I once took in a rescue dog that had belonged to the village blacksmith when 

he passed away .When I got the dog home ..He made a bolt for the door  !! :classic_wink:

I called the dog "Fag " and every night we would go out for a quick drag ,to be 

fair I could have called it anything as it would never came back to me . 

I  have been trying to re-home a dog for over a year now. It's a small Yorkshire terrier,

and tends to bark a lot. If you're interested, just let me know and I'll jump over next door's

fence and get it for you.:classic_unsure:

animated-have-a-nice-day-image-0001.gif.c4255b4a74f3267e467ef6dadbf2f596.gifeveryone and stay safe :classic_love::classic_smile:

• Like 9
  • Haha 8

13 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Sorry to hear that wishing you a speedy recovery👍

Kalos we have one off those dogs living next door to us , it absolutely goes berserk when someone walks by with another dog it smashes it’s face against the window barking and showing it’s teething, the people walking buy just laugh because they know what’s coming, what really annoys me the most is the owner doesn’t correct it until 2/3 minutes later , it lays on the windowsill waiting, it seriously needs anger management course 😡

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Purdey16 said:

Kalos we have one off those dogs living next door to us , it absolutely goes berserk when someone walks by with another dog it smashes it’s face against the window barking and showing it’s teething, the people walking buy just laugh because they know what’s coming, what really annoys me the most is the owner doesn’t correct it until 2/3 minutes later , it lays on the windowsill waiting, it seriously needs anger management course 😡

The dog next door to us is mental and just stands in the garden ,yap. yap, yap ,barking at 

nothing and never gives up till they take it back in . The neighbours are apologetic and say

they have tried everything but it will not stop. I did suggest to them try burying it which did 

not go down to well .:classic_unsure: Regarding the dog that lives next to you , I think I know what's up

with it . Years ago one of our kids was a bad tempered nasty sod , bawling ,screaming..

peeing all over the place , turns out that was teething too. We bought some Bonjella ?? stuff

and problem sorted . So if you have a dog sat in a window teething maybe your neighbour 

could buy it a tube of Bonjella to chew on , it could just work .:classic_unsure::classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Another nice morning here, warming up nicely after a frosty night, lots of people out walking, Birds are singing, very spring like, unfortunately the trees must have started shedding pollen as I have had a sniffle for the last 2 mornings and my eyes have been a bit itchy.

Sorry to hear about your fall Jean, hope all goes well with the bionic leg, you could maybe take up greyhound racing, if they give you enough start you should be fine😁

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Another nice morning here, warming up nicely after a frosty night, lots of people out walking, Birds are singing, very spring like, unfortunately the trees must have started shedding pollen as I have had a sniffle for the last 2 mornings and my eyes have been a bit itchy.

Sorry to hear about your fall Jean, hope all goes well with the bionic leg, you could maybe take up greyhound racing, if they give you enough start you should be fine😁

You must have a very balmy micro climate in Clayton West Phil, we have some spring bulbs flowering in Outlane, but no sign of life in any trees.

13 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You must have a very balmy micro climate in Clayton West Phil, we have some spring bulbs flowering in Outlane, but no sign of life in any trees.

I wouldn't call it balmy John but where we sit in the bottom of the valley it is always a couple of degrees warmer than the surrounding areas. It is a bit early for tree pollen and is probably the catkins as Splice the mainbrace pointed out.

14 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

13 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Hi Selbourne.  If it's a fracture the its sort of straight away.   Having said that because they recommended a total replacement due to my age and fitness i had to wait a couple of days for the big cheese to do it.  If I had been 85 say they would have done a partial, ie just the ball and not the cup. That doesn't last as long .

So sorry to hear of your accident. Hope you get better soon

There was something in the air last night.  I’ve been awake since 2.30.  Sleeping till 8?  6.30 is a bonus for me.  But, no point in moaning - the more you stress, the less you sleep.

It’s yet another beautiful sun-drenched day.  Difficult to believe it’s still (just) February.  We went out for a long walk pretty early - the pup has come into season (😬my poor little baby!), so we have to do the purdah shift, so as not to be a nuisance to those with entire male dogs 

Its the penultimate appearance of my Xmas rib of beef today - only one serving left.  It’s kept beautifully, frozen flat in plastic bags.  We’ve earned that after the walk

Have a good day everyone.  Special thoughts for Jean - hope you are comfortable and not bored to bits

• Like 3

17 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Sorry to hear what happened to you Jean, hope you have a swift recovery x

• Like 1