Anyone cancelling cruises for late 2020 out of uncertainty?

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

Jump on into the retirement pool...the water is fine!  😄  I might not schedule as many full suites as we did when we were gainfully employed...but just happy to have the time to be on the sea more now...or so I thought I would be.  😮  

Love your attitude. I like to think our wine glasses are always have full. 😎🍷

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Love your attitude. I like to think our wine glasses are always have full. 😎🍷

Here is to having the world back to half full....errr...make that full!!  Stay safe my DS friend....cheers!  🍷

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/31/2020 at 9:16 AM, tepukecruisers said:

I think cruising might resume later this year, but whether international ports are visited is incredibly unlikely. In other words if you embark in the US you will probably stay in the US.

Here in New Zealand the government has made it very clear that they do not expect to reopen borders this year and that it could be as long as 18 months,  that's the expected timeline for a covid-19 vaccine being ready and so for the foreseeable future international travel is done and dusted. 

Hi where did you get the information about our government not expecting to open borders this year or as long as 18 months.

I'm really considering canceling our cruise for December.  This virius has really hit hard here in Michigan my family and friends.  I probably will reschedule for next year. Or until they come up with a vaccine.  Be safe everyone.

• Like 2

This is just my personal opinion.

I think there is going to be a good window in the fall for cruising and vacations in general so I wouldn’t think about canceling yet for a fall cruise.

That being said I think winter 2020/2021 cruising will take another hit with cancellation.

once again this is just my thought.  

18 hours ago, oceanblue33 said:

I'm really considering canceling our cruise for December.  This virius has really hit hard here in Michigan my family and friends.  I probably will reschedule for next year. Or until they come up with a vaccine.  Be safe everyone.

still waiting a bit as we have time to see how things go

We have a November cruise booked and are not canceling.  Carnival just canceled through June 30, 2020, so I think July will be the first time we can cruise again, maybe.  The biggest issue will be islands and other ports opening up.  Like the person from New Zealand said, some places are more cautious so cruises to some places may be out for 2020.

• Like 1

We have a TA booked Nov 6 on the Explorer leaving Rome. We also have a 7 day NCL cruise booked prior to the Explorer. We will not cancel until final payment, which will, at least, give us the opportunity to see how the world is going. 

We just got off a TA on the Allure, March 13 where no one was sick, but getting out of Barcelona was a nightmare. We are glad we were able to get out when we did so we will not go thru anything like that again.

We are old, but better safe than sorry and there will be many cruises in the future. 

I disagree with the poster who said cruises will be sky high once this ends. I really feel that the cruise lines will offer some really attractive deals to try and lure people back. After reading these horror stories of people stuck on ships, would you want that to happen to you. Many cruisers will not, so in order to get the average cruiser back, deals will be attractive and plentiful. The hard core cruiser will always be there, but the cruise industry survives not on them, but the average cruiser. 

Cheers

Len

We have B2B on Allure and we are waiting till final payment to decide if to cancel or not.  Certainly Spain and Italy would like to open as soon as possible.  We want to feel confident of our safe travels and will have to make our decision based on information available in June.  Hopefully the world calms down and gets a handle on this virus by then.  Sooner or later facts will have to overcome panic.

• Like 1

We have the Freedom booked for Nov 2020. I haven’t made a decision to cancel it, but I will make a decision close to final payment.

I’m not concerned about the virus, and I feel hopeful that by then things will have returned to a sense of normalcy, but right now I’m feeling that the responsible thing to do would be to skip that cruise and leave that money in savings until things stabilize a bit.

We already cruised in 2020 and have cruises booked for 2021 and 2022, so I’ll “survive” if I skip the Freedom in November. 

15 minutes ago, zonacruiser25 said:

We have B2B on Allure and we are waiting till final payment to decide if to cancel or not.  Certainly Spain and Italy would like to open as soon as possible.  We want to feel confident of our safe travels and will have to make our decision based on information available in June.  Hopefully the world calms down and gets a handle on this virus by then.  Sooner or later facts will have to overcome panic.

We are due on Allure in June in Barcelona Spain.

Today Spain has exceeded 10,000 covid19 deaths and Italy is well over 12,000 deaths.

Very doubtful I think for us in June.

We have 3 cabins booked on the Majesty from New Orleans mid-September and will wait for RCI to cancel. Have another in December from Miami and another in Feb/March for Aus/NZ. Will wait for RCI to cancel on those as well. We'll only need airfare for the one next year, so I won't be making those flight reservations anytime soon. Our hotel in Sydney can be cancelled with no penalty. I'm praying that none of these cruises are cancelled! Intend to keep self-quarantining at home per CDC guidelines. Praying that all of us stay safe!

8 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Thanks for that.  I did see one that looked interesting at first glance.  Calabash Cove Resort in St. Lucia.  

That place is paradise! We enjoyed it a lot.
However, lots and lots of steps to navigate all over, so if that seems something one does not want to or cannot do, reconsider.

• Like 1

I'm' booked on Oasis in November and I've been going back and forth. I cancelled the hotel booking and will continue to watch how things develop but I plan to make a final decision by May.

I have the Harmony TA booked for next April and I'm even questioning that right now. Not really fear but more getting my deposit money back as I could use it right now for more pressing things.

4 hours ago, zonacruiser25 said:

Sooner or later facts will have to overcome panic.

Are you suggesting we should be carrying on every day life with no restrictions? The only panic I see is concern on people for the well-being of themselves and their loved ones. And it’s justified. 

26 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Are you suggesting we should be carrying on every day life with no restrictions? The only panic I see is concern on people for the well-being of themselves and their loved ones. And it’s justified. 

Thanks for proving my point  We all need to be doing what it takes to take care of ourselves and help others that need assistance  to overcome the spread of the virus.  Panic has led to empty shelves and difficulty for many to get what they need to get by.  I've been working from home for several weeks and intend to keep doing it.  My wife will not be so fortunate as she is a flight attendant and will be flying soon.  Facts will win the day but right now they are in short supply!

8 minutes ago, zonacruiser25 said:

Thanks for proving my point  We all need to be doing what it takes to take care of ourselves and help others that need assistance  to overcome the spread of the virus.  Panic has led to empty shelves and difficulty for many to get what they need to get by.  I've been working from home for several weeks and intend to keep doing it.  My wife will not be so fortunate as she is a flight attendant and will be flying soon.  Facts will win the day but right now they are in short supply!

What are these facts that you have a unique insight into?