Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I wish I could, truly.

No worries, you couldn't really know, but we lost her suddenly 10 years ago to a congenital aneurysm. I miss her every day.

She is the lady with the white glasses on the right, and our "mutual" gastro doc is the 1st guy on the left.

P2273691.JPG

So sorry for the loss of your good friend 😢

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

One of our friends is a "gastro" doc, and I keep asking him for an "easier" preparation.... NONE.

But I've learned one thing -- 1st time I took an appointment at 5PM, thinking that I hate to wake up early... It was awful, I was hungry and beyond grouchy...

Lesson learned - only early morning appointments work for me -- it's easier to spend the night sleeping instead of being "aware" of fasting.

Good luck to Andy tomorrow, with nothing found...

The Dr. I had in Texas was wonderful.  The day before a regular breakfast, lunch was broth or something lite, take 2 pills, wait and I don't remember how long and drink a small bottle of stuff mixed with Dr. Pepper.  No dinner.  I think there may have been another round of pills but I don't remember.  That was all and you still got the desired result.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I know I just hear all the prep stories and make excuses for not going - Covid was a really good one this past year!    

I'll get it done.    

I put it off for a few years after turning 50.  Really wasn't a big deal.  The prep stories are a lot worse sounding than the prep reality.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Wearing my Blue ***** Bar t-shirt today from Sint Maarten

I got one. Love that place. Too bad my 2XL ran kinda small. I like a baggier t-shirt. I may go back and pick one up when we are there this fall. May book beach chairs at Holland House to do something different.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I had a funny essay on colonoscopy prep posted on humor page. 

It got deleted 😪

I remember that!  It was hilarious, and some people thought it was a true account of Laura's experience, I believe.  I thought it was great.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Recently retired nurse anesthetist here who provided care in Endoscopy cases.

There are about 5 main recipes of drugs that provide the best sedation with quick awakening after a colonoscopy.  The modern versions do not leave people hung over all day.

Propofol, aka Diprivan is an induction drug in high doses puts you to sleep initially for surgery but within 3 min.  another agent must be introduced to keep you asleep, so you do not have recall. Like a gas or other drugs IV.

For colonoscopies I used with success the following for about the last 10 years of my work experience..

Started off with 1-2mg. of Versed.  Depending on weight and social history, those of us who get the drink package get 2mg.   This aides in preventing recall.

Then add a little bit of Alfentanyl.  Usually 250 mcg. but upto 500mcg.  Once again, doses vary by individual needs.  Sometimes we use it to help tame a slightly elevated BP.   This drug is a sister drug to Fentanyl.

The reason we give a narcotic is it prevents cramps when the scope advances through the colon and your muscles do not tense up.

And finally, the creme de le creme.  Propofol, we either place it on a pump and give it based on your weight or until you stop talking/responding or slowly just titrate it in a couple cc's at a time keeping you breathing and watching your saturation, pulse and bp.

If I put it on a pump I run it about 10cc/15min.  which in technical jargon is 100mcg/Kg/min.

Every so often you run across a cheap date that cannot hold her propofol or booze (lol). and we have emergency airway supplies available if a person stops breathing, we provide supplemental breathing with an ambu bag.

The prep is your work out, the drugs are your payday.

Do not believe all those horror stories.

Yea every so often we find a person who says they remember everything, but their monitors and snoring tell otherwise.

Stay safe.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh my, good luck to both of you.    Hope you have more than one toilet in the house!

I am due to get my first colonoscopy soon and I keep putting it off.

Well with the screen name of @Sunshine3601 I can see why you have procrastinated on the colonoscopy thing.  Because where they go .... is definitely where the Sun does not shine! 😊

But seriously, bite the bullet and get one. I have a couple of close friends who are still here only because they got one when they were told to get one.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, DirtyDawg said:

Well with the screen name of @Sunshine3601 I can see why you have procrastinated on the colonoscopy thing.  Because where they go .... is definitely where the Sun does not shine! 😊

Good One - HAHA!!!😅

Yes, I know.     Eric says the same thing.    He is scheduled for his every 3 year colonscopy thingy for October.    When he goes in September to do pretest meeting I will schedule my appointment then.   I promise!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When I was in my young 50s, I had not had a colonoscopy and neither Micheline nor I had a will.  I told a friend of mine to keep bugging me until I got both taken care of.  He did his job VERY well and I got both done primarily to shut him up!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

When I was in my young 50s, I had not had a colonoscopy and neither Micheline nor I had a will.  I told a friend of mine to keep bugging me until I got both taken care of.  He did his job VERY well and I got both done primarily to shut him up!

Thanks, now you reminded me I don't have a Will either.    All this stuff you are supposed to do when you are in your early 50's isn't fun.    🤪

Eric did his Will days before his transplant surgery but I never did mine.    

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thanks, now you reminded me I don't have a Will either.    All this stuff you are supposed to do when you are in your early 50's isn't fun.    🤪

It will make you feel better to have it done.  I had to get mine redone when I moved to Florida.  Now I want to tweek it just a bit since I have decided my cousins are not worthy.  LOL

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This is something I have put off too.  So much going on you just don’t think about it.  We need to do it for the kids.  They love each other so much, they don’t need to stress out about it.

• Like 3

On 8/3/2021 at 8:59 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

I don’t remember the last time I had to sign in.  I think it’s because I don’t close the tab that CC is in.

Happened to me a few days ago  Better not happen now with all these quotes!

On 8/3/2021 at 9:00 PM, lenquixote66 said:

First Ave and E.8 St

Not my immediate area and not one I've traveled thru much.

On 8/3/2021 at 9:15 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Have a wonderful trip.Will you be visiting the area where you grew up ?

Thank you. No, too long a trip to just sit there and look at it.  My sister went pre-covid and took pictures.

On 8/3/2021 at 9:16 PM, Sea Dog said:

Enjoy. I hope you have a blast!

Thank you!

On 8/4/2021 at 6:20 AM, Lionesss said:

@BonTexasNY

Have a safe trip.

Is this a car trip?

Take care

Thank you, yes a car trip.

On 8/4/2021 at 7:24 AM, dani negreanu said:

Just happened to me now....

@BonTexasNY

So, again,

Bonnie and Jack, safe travels and enjoy your quality time with DD, DSIL and the granddaughters 🌷

Thank you.  I would love to have granddaughters but I only have one of each which I love also.

On 8/4/2021 at 7:57 AM, Momof3gurlz said:

@BonTexasNY safe travels to NJ and I hope you have a great time with those grandkids & the rest of your family.  
@dani negreanu 
@A&L_Ont
I hope this posts. Gonna be mad if I typed all this for nothing.

Thank you!

OK I need to cut out these long multiple quotes.  I should do what others do and just type names collectively and say thank you.  

• Like 6

On 8/4/2021 at 5:41 PM, h20skibum said:

Today was a laid back day.  We did an overnight at a hotel after Kennywood, and enjoyed the pool and spa last night and this morning.  We had it to ourselves last night and this morning.  

9FD2FE6E-FF4F-4592-87B6-885A964897BD.thumb.jpeg.7f0bc85c9bcf40049208850d433925fd.jpeg

Lunch at Bahama Breeze was a half Cuban sandwich and some clam chowder.  

61B75BAE-EA30-4A3F-88F5-4F8ACA4B8318.thumb.jpeg.61d898cd11cb6630eac868c03d7a4116.jpeg

Right now we are sitting at a concert, listening to a band playing tropical music with steel drums.  A lot of people here. Oh how it makes me long for a cruise.  

I love how your wife always has your grandson under her watchful eye.  How on earth is he going to want to go back home?

• Like 2

We finished our 2nd day of travel and are in Bristol, VA for the night.  We're 2/3 of the way to NJ.  Hot weather but clear skies, AC and plenty of water helps make it more enjoyable. We have approx. 8 hours to go until we get to hug everyone...tightly I might add.

Hardly any masks are seen. 

We had some of the best pizza ever in Germantown, TN.  Old established family owned restaurant.  Pricey but worth every penny.

Sorry no photos.  My photo sending is as bad as my quote responses. 

I'll try and send some taken of my gorgeous family in NJ.

I asked my daughter how long she wants us to stay and she said, "forever".  I might have posted that earlier but it bares repeating.

Jack said we should think about it.  To be continued but not in the foreseeable future.

• Like 12

I guess today was a repeat fun day, but who doesn’t like a fun day at the beach.  All three grandkids were along as we spent the day at Lake Erie.  

Even our lunch place was a repeat, but the kids enjoy this place. 

97163C60-30A3-44D4-997F-999684A016A4.thumb.jpeg.3929b36fbc27fa1c8fe8b2169c9b2883.jpeg

Somehow, building these were much easier when they were smaller.  They take so much more sand now. 

1EC0285E-9F14-4C4E-A5C8-9F3BC50B97F0.thumb.jpeg.783592376a11fc25ae5cbc0befe83a4b.jpeg

PA grandson was practicing his balance 

45D89CFA-576D-4AF4-85A9-34E0748E0642.thumb.jpeg.8ca6b6c74c3ca12f9871e8364e3addfe.jpeg

Even granddaughter had a little balance. 

2FEDEECF-0ABC-49E3-9455-5EF34EAF1556.thumb.jpeg.17fec9cf780d94daa40463813f26ced9.jpeg

It was a beautiful day with calm water.  

45283644-86B7-4CD4-9191-28982A770976.thumb.jpeg.fd0d88b22c98bdefacb6d9d332f4c25b.jpeg

Time to recharge to get ready for the next adventure.  Can’t believe only a week remains till we take him home.  

• Like 12

I know this a Royal thread , but asking for prayers and positive thoughts for passengers on Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam. The ship is currently docked  in Ketchikan, A float plane is missing and an emergency signal has been received at 1400 feet in Misty Fjords. It had been confirmed that 5 passengers from the ship were onboard. It was not a ship tour but private excursion.

The weather is poor and they are not able to get rescue craft in by air .

Departure has been delayed.

Thank you in advance for good thoughts 💔🙏

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I guess today was a repeat fun day, but who doesn’t like a fun day at the beach.  All three grandkids were along as we spent the day at Lake Erie.  

Please please please, do you have room for one more older grand kid?  Where can I apply?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1