Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

So a couple of other shows to check out for you ocean lovers if you have HBO.

1) The 100 Foot Wave. A great documentary following surfer Garrett McNamara as he traveled to Nazaré, Portugal with the goal of conquering a 100-foot wave, before transforming the town into a world surfing destination. This is outstanding.

2) The White Lotus. Follows the vacations of various hotel guests over the span of a week as they relax and rejuvenate in paradise. But with each passing day, a darker complexity emerges in these picture-perfect travelers. Incredible cast of characters all shot at the Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea. Dark but very entertaining. Cast is great.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just plug your ears as you read the thread.😊

I get all the social media from Bravo on FB so I do see a lot that is coming. I could not believe Lexi on Last week' episode. I saw the promo for this week so obviously she has not been fired yet.

25 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I get all the social media from Bravo on FB so I do see a lot that is coming. I could not believe Lexi on Last week' episode. I saw the promo for this week so obviously she has not been fired yet.

I read on my Bravo gossip site that production doesn't want her fired. Entitled b....

• Like 3

On 8/1/2021 at 8:35 PM, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Speaking of pizza.....This was our extra-large King Arthur Supreme from Round Table Pizza in Lake Tahoe last week.  Loaded with toppings on a not-thick crispy crust.  Just the way I like it.  Someone got to it before I could take a picture of it.

87683548-AA75-4B56-9091-49144EDA48D3.thumb.jpeg.ff8d648d653c902b81901ca6a6532661.jpeg

That’s my kind of pizza with a lot of toppings. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Based on the pictures you share of the life you two enjoy together, I would have to say you have been blessed with a great wife.  I am sure you are both looking forward to many more anniversaries together.  Thanks for sharing the pics.

Thank you for your nice words.

We have always been very close and together most of the time.

Hopefully we will have many more anniversaries together.

After my heart attack in December 2019 and bad covid19 infection in November 2020 we now make an extra effort to travel at every opportunity.

Graham.

• Like 12

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

You go and have a fabulous time.  AND, you don't have to fly to the port.

On another note, I miss Island Lady's travelog.  I hope it's just poor wifi that's keeping her away.

I too hope Pat and Bucky @island ladyare safe and well and looking forward to hearing from their lovely adventures.

Graham.

• Like 4

On 8/2/2021 at 7:23 PM, George C said:

Having pizza with anchovies tonight 😁, wife will not eat them.

I like anchovies as long as they are in tiny bits otherwise they are very salty.

On 8/4/2021 at 9:21 PM, bobmacliberty said:

Ok…I just tried to like @Missusdubbya’s post and had the same problem. Whatever’s the issue is, it’s an issue for Edge on an iPhone also. 
6EFBD582-D8FC-4B55-AD6B-D94B1DC0C8A7.thumb.png.ef34898adb701c6766f738e1fce5b43a.png

I have had this happen a few times and I refresh the page and it works.

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So a couple of other shows to check out for you ocean lovers if you have HBO.

1) The 100 Foot Wave. A great documentary following surfer Garrett McNamara as he traveled to Nazaré, Portugal with the goal of conquering a 100-foot wave, before transforming the town into a world surfing destination. This is outstanding.

2) The White Lotus. Follows the vacations of various hotel guests over the span of a week as they relax and rejuvenate in paradise. But with each passing day, a darker complexity emerges in these picture-perfect travelers. Incredible cast of characters all shot at the Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea. Dark but very entertaining. Cast is great.

The White Lotus sounds intriguing.  I will have to check out this week.  TY

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I read on my Bravo gossip site that production doesn't want her fired. Entitled b....

I can see why. She has drama written all over her. Could you imagine a crew that was all polite and respectful and did not get drunk? I would think wow how boring?

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 7:51 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

@lenquixote66 I am sure you heard of Jeff Beck.  I went to a Jefferson Starship concert and he played before them.  Although JS was good, Beck I enjoyed just as much and didn’t really know him at the time.

Was it at the old Busch Stadium, say 1975 ish?  The one I went to had Jeff Beck followed by Ted Nugent, followed by Fleetwood Mac followed by Jefferson Starship. 

16 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Would you believe that, actually, the search for THE DRESS began with the shoes.

I bought them when living in Brussels (1983), where, as a manager wife, I had to dress accordingly... Europe, not Israel... that is 😉

Returning to Israel in 1985, the dress code is soooo different. No use for elegant shoes.

But I like them very much, and they waited patiently until the son's wedding in 2016. I carried them with me through different shops, until I found the ONE. Alas, it was long, and I wanted to show my shoes !!

So I had to buy 2 dresses, and they cut them and adapted them to my "specifications". Therefore, a skirt and an upper body, which zips on the back.

It was my biggest expense ever, "compensated" by the boys buying their pants and jackets at Zara 😁

You look absolutely stunning in the red dress and shoes, and your sons are so handsome!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Awesome!    I would definitely go if I was you.   To be part of this would be amazing.   Plus it's Free!

I wish I had been selected as I think the test cruises will be the safest possible cruise.

What does Charlie think?     

Charlie is all for it.  Just don’t know what to do about September 5th!  Wish you were going too.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think you meant 8.22.   I thought it was just one stop at cococay but someone on another thread told me I was wrong it would stop at 3 ports I mentioned.

I wish I had been selected, I would go on test cruise then cancel our sailing for 9.26 on Oasis.

I was so excited I put in the wrong month!  Itinerary has only CocoCay 

• Like 1