Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Any snake experts on here?  Sharon said she saw this and about jumped out of her skin!  ISaid it looks like the snake did! Lol wondering what type it is.

20220601_125632.thumb.jpg.f4ea3b9b6cb31086649761b6030e642d.jpg

Looks like timber rattler to me, we have copperheads all the time.  A few timber rattlers and thankfully lots of bull snakes.

• Like 1

Attended the Kenny Chesney concert in Nashville, Tennessee Saturday evening. This is the concert and tour originally scheduled for 2 years ago. So much fun as usual! 

It was a small crowd of 57000.

😉

20220528_205905.thumb.jpg.c58191358d990e96ebe7870d6ff7183f.jpg

20220528_202726.thumb.jpg.ec64efaa281183e5c6a8cef63e2974d2.jpg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Any snake experts on here?  Sharon said she saw this and about jumped out of her skin!  ISaid it looks like the snake did! Lol wondering what type it is.

Yeeek!   The grandkids may find it neat but I would jump out of my skin too!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

How is the weather in Dallas right now? Mike just told me DFW is shut down because of weather. I don’t know if it’s just passing thunderstorms or what since he isn’t flying the plane. He’s flying as a regular passenger on his way to recurrent training. He said they landed in Austin for more fuel and will be on their way when it opens up again.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks! I'm not quite sure how this info got out though.🤔

Happy Birthday OB !! News gets around CC very fast. Be ready tonight with Paper Plates and Napkins, We all will be bringing Ice Cream and Cake.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Thought I'd share the first spaghetti model of our hurricane season 😋 

FB_IMG_1654089048228.jpg.046829597967246fa135d6270a4d5677.jpg

Can you do me a favor and move that plate?

• Haha 8

11 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

How is the weather in Dallas right now? Mike just told me DFW is shut down because of weather. I don’t know if it’s just passing thunderstorms or what since he isn’t flying the plane. He’s flying as a regular passenger on his way to recurrent training. He said they landed in Austin for more fuel and will be on their way when it opens up again.

Good line of thunderstorms in the area according to Flightaware.

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/delays

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Happy Birthday to @Ocean Boy

Wishing you a lovely birthday celebration, and, in general -- more cruises and less work 😉

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks! I'm not quite sure how this info got out though.🤔

Happy Birthday. Hope you have a great one and some tasty drinks. 🍸 🍹 🎂
Wasn’t me because even I didn’t know it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Look like  rattler to me.😐

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

@Ocean Boy The happiest of birthdays to you .  Have a very good day celebrating with all your favorite things.  

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

Happy Bday OB

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Happy Birthday, @Ocean Boyand @h20skibum’s daughter.  Have a great day to both!

Hope you and @molly361and @reallyitsmemafeel better soon.  

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Happy Birthday OB !! News gets around CC very fast. Be ready tonight with Paper Plates and Napkins, We all will be bringing Ice Cream and Cake.

Can you do me a favor and move that plate?

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Happy Birthday. Hope you have a great one and some tasty drinks. 🍸 🍹 🎂
Wasn’t me because even I didn’t know it. 

Thank you all very much.

• Like 4

@Ocean BoyHere is the drink I had mentioned that was a favorite of mine. It’s the one where I said I added so much basil and jalapeño and just blended it in the blender. I haven’t had it in a long time. I came across it at the Miami Rum Renaissance Festival back in 2014.

Passion Fontaine (recipe provided by Dos Maderas)

1 1/2 oz Dos Maderas 5+3

2 basil leaves

1 jalapeño slice

3/4 oz passion fruit purée

3/4 oz simple syrup

1/2 oz fresh lime juice

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I need Ana and an espresso martini!😊

So true. Hopefully she will still be on the Allure in September if I don’t see her earlier. I just posted a recipe I had mentioned on our last cruise and now I really want one but I need the basil, jalapeño and the passion fruit purée. The stores will be crowded so I think I’ll pass. 😩

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Not sure about what snake shed it but snake away from Tractor Supply works well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yeeek!   The grandkids may find it neat but I would jump out of my skin too!!

I’m with you Debbie. Andy found a snake out by the pool last week, he hates them too. Guess what’s in the bucket? 🫣

2B7CA4F6-1426-4E97-BF28-A83CBB1BD2C9.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

This is what I meant about gas prices: 

NorCal Residents Reel From Highest Gas Prices In The Country

Drivers in the Bay Area pay well over $6 per gallon for gas. In rural counties, the price hovers around $7. :classic_rolleyes::classic_sad:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Coralc said:

This is what I meant about gas prices: 

NorCal Residents Reel From Highest Gas Prices In The Country

Drivers in the Bay Area pay well over $6 per gallon for gas. In rural counties, the price hovers around $7. :classic_rolleyes::classic_sad:

Key Biscayne is crazy expensive. And thats with Florida's low 19 cents fuel tax

Screenshot_20220601-200452_Chrome.thumb.jpg.18710ba8d8776589ed6378aab06db019.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Luckynana  I hope you are feeling better.    Pressure washing looks easy but does take a lot out of you.   

If you have any flat surfaces to do like patio pavers, walkways or decking I highly recommend a surface cleaner attachment for your pressure washer.

Eric bought one and I tried it out on our patio pavers and works awesome.   So much easier and quicker than just using the wand sprayer on pressure washer.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Luckynana  I hope you are feeling better.    Pressure washing looks easy but does take a lot out of you.   

If you have any flat surfaces to do like patio pavers, walkways or decking I highly recommend a surface cleaner attachment for your pressure washer.

Eric bought one and I tried it out on our patio pavers and works awesome.   So much easier and quicker than just using the wand sprayer on pressure washer.

We have one of those. It is an attachment for our pressure washer. They do work well. :classic_biggrin:

And we have had a setback to our kitchen remodel. :classic_rolleyes: We originally had a Formica countertop and a thin sheet of Formica as a backsplash. Since this began back in January, we have asked repeatedly about the Formica backsplash and the tile replacement. Even the tile measurement guy was sort of wishy washy about whether it would be a problem or not. We have asked repeatedly. 

Now that the countertops, new sink and cabinets are in, the tile backsplash people are indicating that the Formica is a problem and will need to be removed. And if the sheet rock is damaged in the removal, it will need to be replaced. No one seems to be quite sure who is going to do this removal without damaging the new cabinets and countertops. Please stay tuned. We will have to see how it goes. :classic_rolleyes:

I had hoped to post photos of the new kitchen next week. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 11

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Key Biscayne is crazy expensive. And thats with Florida's low 19 cents fuel tax

Screenshot_20220601-200452_Chrome.thumb.jpg.18710ba8d8776589ed6378aab06db019.jpg

Wow!  I got gas this morning and it was $4.14.  I passed a BP that was $3.91 cash / $3.99 credit.  That’s in *****, SC.  Our small town local station was $4.29.