Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@dani negreanuso sorry to hear about your not feeling well, agree we will all get it eventually.  After our last cruise Jim tested positive a few days later, me 3 days after him.  We were careful, not quite as much as you were, but still got it, not sure when or where.

Beautiful pictures, glad you made it home, hope you are feeling better soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was able to catch a few sunset pics from the pier last evening. I like seeing when the water gets  choppy and splashing over the pier. 

image.thumb.png.199e3ca5f95afd13643d5497d343378a.png

image.thumb.png.fa8db4b552cf2d5acacf1531957d37ef.png

The white stuff on the pier at the bottom off the pic is a bunch of washed up Mayflies. 

image.thumb.png.6d17b8dcd59012cf45179387972ded73.png

3x zoom

image.thumb.png.6169151ccd23c0a122f36a1996f615fe.png

10x zoom

image.thumb.png.f57e971ed68c833b97184144521e1cfd.png

• Like 27

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Just thought I would share one of our local news stories. 
Tomorrow it will probably be about traffic jams. 

A0E2469C-8282-4A8D-9A06-0AD36B563304.jpeg.7ae84759e89c5ff7dfa9e9b6e26d33cf.jpeg

E74D4F11-4868-4526-BEF3-F8236310B3E5.thumb.jpeg.67768cddd8b248c6cbb79627fce7bf3e.jpeg

Was going to get some, but the gas on sale has 15% ethanol.  Only one of my vehicles can use it. The others say not to use if it has more than 10%

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

So, I’ve been MIA… but with a “good” reason…..

We debarked Thursday and “set to work”… DH to “his” museums, and I – to finally do some serious shopping (the hotel advised that Friday will be a national holiday and the shops will be closed).

I enjoyed roaming the shops by myself, bought a nice linen trousers and a new pair of jeans at a fraction of what would have cost in Israel. Very frustrating that the cost of living here is so high.

We met at the hotel in the evening, and went out again, strolling in the crowded streets (Covid anyone???), enjoying people watching and ending with a burger at Five Guys.

Friday started easily. A very good and varied breakfast at the Jazz hotel (highly recommended, excellent location and rates). We then decided to revisit from outside the various Gaudi houses we’ve seen in previous visits, and, generally, taking it slowly, with frequent stops at shaded benches and people watching.

After a couple of hours, we decided to go back to Las Ramblas, to see another house. On the way, I’ve noticed that we’re very close to our hotel, and dropped by to refresh.

At that point, I was starting to feel a headache “brewing”, and suggested to take a nap, and go out again in the afternoon, since the days are very long in Spain.

The headache rapidly deteriorated in a “splitting” one, with fever, chills and nose congestion. It was amazing how in just a few hours I was really sick. DH went to buy a Covid test [never done one at home], and spent an hour trying to figure out how to test, the instructions being in very small [as in very small] letters. I was negative, but didn’t have much faith in the results…

Our family “swears by” Aspirin Bayer effervescent tablets, and I always travel with a bunch of them, courtesy of my pharmacist cousin… I topped them with wet towels, and by morning I was able to leave the room for a short time, to allow cleaning. We had a balcony, and we left the door open, even if it was hot outside, I couldn’t stand the air conditioning…

We decided to test again on arrival, since we wanted to see the kids and grandkids, before the grandkids will travel to Netherlands for my DIL’s family annual break abroad.

Sunday evening I tested positive on a PCR test, and DH – negative. He’s taking very good care of me, while keeping his distance [that is, from the moment we got the Covid results…]. Hopefully, he’ll continue to be in the clear.

I’m quite weak, with a low fever and a nagging cough.

I can’t fathom how I got sick, since I was so careful, to the point that DH was quite angry with me, asking him to mask up when entering the elevators. Braved the quirky looks we got when we were the only one with masks…

We always ate alone and kept a table empty between us and other people, in the theatre we were masked and at the end of a row, with at least two empty seats between us and others…. Took taxis alone, masked up. Always on the lookout, always looking “over the shoulder”…

Some Barcelona photos meantime….

Poverty ...

image.thumb.jpeg.ee17f8461bdf7b45f908e891cd330aa7.jpeg

For  @Keksie  some nice carpets –

image.thumb.jpeg.f66b5b4b3f3b67e840b04b15b074633a.jpeg

Casa Batlló

image.thumb.jpeg.dbd97a87dae8a92c4d75f893f755236b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dd9d8e03e65887724538209eacf0dc56.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d4ef870c4bc1688c8f6e4b6d59e59992.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dba1b84b877474d10f6f6e72c3d9df8f.jpeg

Glad that you had an enjoyable vacation.
Hope you feel better soon.

• Thanks 1

Sunday evening I tested positive on a PCR test, and DH – negative.

So sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself and I hope you get well fast. Your pictures are awesome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, I’ve been MIA… but with a “good” reason…..

We debarked Thursday and “set to work”… DH to “his” museums, and I – to finally do some serious shopping (the hotel advised that Friday will be a national holiday and the shops will be closed).

I enjoyed roaming the shops by myself, bought a nice linen trousers and a new pair of jeans at a fraction of what would have cost in Israel. Very frustrating that the cost of living here is so high.

We met at the hotel in the evening, and went out again, strolling in the crowded streets (Covid anyone???), enjoying people watching and ending with a burger at Five Guys.

Friday started easily. A very good and varied breakfast at the Jazz hotel (highly recommended, excellent location and rates). We then decided to revisit from outside the various Gaudi houses we’ve seen in previous visits, and, generally, taking it slowly, with frequent stops at shaded benches and people watching.

After a couple of hours, we decided to go back to Las Ramblas, to see another house. On the way, I’ve noticed that we’re very close to our hotel, and dropped by to refresh.

At that point, I was starting to feel a headache “brewing”, and suggested to take a nap, and go out again in the afternoon, since the days are very long in Spain.

The headache rapidly deteriorated in a “splitting” one, with fever, chills and nose congestion. It was amazing how in just a few hours I was really sick. DH went to buy a Covid test [never done one at home], and spent an hour trying to figure out how to test, the instructions being in very small [as in very small] letters. I was negative, but didn’t have much faith in the results…

Our family “swears by” Aspirin Bayer effervescent tablets, and I always travel with a bunch of them, courtesy of my pharmacist cousin… I topped them with wet towels, and by morning I was able to leave the room for a short time, to allow cleaning. We had a balcony, and we left the door open, even if it was hot outside, I couldn’t stand the air conditioning…

We decided to test again on arrival, since we wanted to see the kids and grandkids, before the grandkids will travel to Netherlands for my DIL’s family annual break abroad.

Sunday evening I tested positive on a PCR test, and DH – negative. He’s taking very good care of me, while keeping his distance [that is, from the moment we got the Covid results…]. Hopefully, he’ll continue to be in the clear.

I’m quite weak, with a low fever and a nagging cough.

I can’t fathom how I got sick, since I was so careful, to the point that DH was quite angry with me, asking him to mask up when entering the elevators. Braved the quirky looks we got when we were the only one with masks…

We always ate alone and kept a table empty between us and other people, in the theatre we were masked and at the end of a row, with at least two empty seats between us and others…. Took taxis alone, masked up. Always on the lookout, always looking “over the shoulder”…

Some Barcelona photos meantime….

Poverty ...

image.thumb.jpeg.ee17f8461bdf7b45f908e891cd330aa7.jpeg

For  @Keksie  some nice carpets –

image.thumb.jpeg.f66b5b4b3f3b67e840b04b15b074633a.jpeg

Casa Batlló

image.thumb.jpeg.dbd97a87dae8a92c4d75f893f755236b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dd9d8e03e65887724538209eacf0dc56.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d4ef870c4bc1688c8f6e4b6d59e59992.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dba1b84b877474d10f6f6e72c3d9df8f.jpeg

Sorry to hear you are sick. 😮💨🤒🤧 I hope you start feeling much better soon. 😀

The pictures are great. Thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dani- Hoping that you feel better very soon. 

I have been looking forward to your posts about the cruise and all the ports you visited. I am also curious if you had a chance to chat with Capt. Kate.

For now,take it easy with rest,fluids and nutritious food. 

When you do post about the cruise,we will know that you have recovered. 

Take care 💐

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I was able to catch a few sunset pics from the pier last evening. I like seeing when the water gets  choppy and splashing over the pier. 

image.thumb.png.199e3ca5f95afd13643d5497d343378a.png

image.thumb.png.fa8db4b552cf2d5acacf1531957d37ef.png

The white stuff on the pier at the bottom off the pic is a bunch of washed up Mayflies. 

image.thumb.png.6d17b8dcd59012cf45179387972ded73.png

3x zoom

image.thumb.png.6169151ccd23c0a122f36a1996f615fe.png

10x zoom

image.thumb.png.f57e971ed68c833b97184144521e1cfd.png

Gorgeous photos🤩

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@dani negreanu     I hope you feel better soon. 🌼    It is impossible to know when or where you caught it (most people are 3 to 5 days before symptoms).       As said, get plenty of rest and drink plenty of fluids and soon you will feel better and be able to tell us all about your holiday.    

Hopefully your Husband remains negative or has very mild symptoms.

The photos you have posted are outstanding.    🥰

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday I saw this posted. 

image.thumb.png.64481911227672da501fbc212bccb439.png

I thought,  there are some Mayflies out but not enough to shut it down.

image.thumb.png.1ddca25920b6bcd782b64b9ecd99f2b9.png

But when it turns dark they are really attracted to light.

image.thumb.png.973f98221351ef4b7cdee598a2308cc0.png

This is the sidewalk leading to the pier.   It was covered with Mayflies. 

image.thumb.png.69e0a8f528c1987ee0bebcf641a77e8c.png

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yesterday I saw this posted. 

image.thumb.png.64481911227672da501fbc212bccb439.png

I thought,  there are some Mayflies out but not enough to shut it down.

image.thumb.png.1ddca25920b6bcd782b64b9ecd99f2b9.png

But when it turns dark they are really attracted to light.

image.thumb.png.973f98221351ef4b7cdee598a2308cc0.png

This is the sidewalk leading to the pier.   It was covered with Mayflies. 

image.thumb.png.69e0a8f528c1987ee0bebcf641a77e8c.png

Ewww!

• Like 2