Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

+1  @Keksie  Absolutely gorgeous!

Feel better, Sue.   Have you had covid once before?  Jim and I each have had it once each.  I sure hope it stays that way!🤞  

We both had it in Feb '22. 

There's nothing in the news anymore about it and as people don't report it there's no knowing if it's spiking again. 

My 1 year old g/son first birthday and christening celebration on the 3rd so I hope I'm over the infectious stage by then. 

Thank you everyone for your good wishes 😊 

• Like 6

We had a lovely couple of days in York and the Aviation Museum last week. We had one day in York and definitely want to go back.  We climbed up the very narrow twisty staircase to the top of the Minster tower 278 steps I think.

The next day we went to the Aviation Museum. Gary was in his element. He paid for a one to one with a Halifax expert (his father flew on them in WW2) and they chatted for three hours. 

We met on an Aviation course in Surrey 37 years ago and the very same Dove that they had at the college is now in the Yorkshire Museum 

Other coincidences from our lives there too. A Hunter, the type of which my dad worked on in the RAF and the Gate Guardian on the Canadian Base in Baden Germany where Gary lived as a teenager

The Minster 

20230817_140529.thumb.jpg.86eb6690a48f19549f0006823d326048.jpg

20230817_141230.thumb.jpg.068999ee9238132385de1b58708887d6.jpg

IMG-20230817-WA0008.thumb.jpg.260afd609f0dac9972f29b67ad0da27c.jpg

the Canadian Gate Guardian 

20230818_122413.thumb.jpg.18c4a94086e5782d9ad3cf19b9b02818.jpg

The Halifax 

20230818_124003.thumb.jpg.d7ec2bd5da2afc120cf2e5da30fef575.jpg

The Dove 

IMG-20230818-WA0005.thumb.jpg.9f53c2fa6b09e65dad1d247df63dc546.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 25

17 hours ago, akcruz said:

I am hearing of a number of people getting covid lately, hoping your symptoms stay minor.

Another August anniversary, hoping your day is wonderful.  Happy Anniversary tomorrow 💖🥂

15 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Have a wonderful anniversary 🍾

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

+1  @Keksie  Absolutely gorgeous!

I wish you and Pauline a lovely day as well, Graham!!

Feel better, Sue.   Have you had covid once before?  Jim and I each have had it once each.  I sure hope it stays that way!🤞  

14 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Congratulations to you and Pauline on your anniversary.Wishing both of you many more years of happiness.

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Wishing you a happy 42nd anniversary tomorrow. 

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

@grapau27 I know it's tomorrow but I hope you and Pauline have a most wonderful Anniversary celebrating your love for one another. I hope you can do something fun and toast to all the good years past, present and future. Cheers to both of you!

Greg

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Great pic of you two!!!!!

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Absolutely love this photo.  Congratulations to you both and have an amazing day tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Luckynana said:

HAPPY 42ND ANNIVERSARY TO A LOVELY COUPLE, PAULINE AND GRAHAM!!!!!💕💕💕

HERE'S TO MANY, MANY MORE WONDERFUL AND HAPPY YEARS TOGETHER!!!!!💕💕💕

6 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Happy Anniversary to two of the nicest people in this family. I love you both and wish you the very best.

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

Happy Anniversary.  What a wonderful picture.

5 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Happy anniversary, Graham and Pauline! @grapau27

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

4 hours ago, NHProud said:

@grapau27 Happy anniversary Graham and Pauline 🌹Wishing a lovely couple and lovely day . I’m certain it will be classy . 

3 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

@grapau27. Wishing you and Pauline a very happy anniversary!!🎉🎉💕💕

Jennifer

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Graham and Pauline,

A beautiful couple then and a beautiful couple now.

It's officially "tomorrow" so have a fabulous, wonderful Anniversary, Wishing you many more years of good health, love and joy.

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Happy Anniversary Graham and Pauline. I hope you have a lovely day however you decide to celebrate 🍾 💗 

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

@grapau27  Happy Anniversary to you and Pauline.  I love hearing stories of 'high school' sweethearts that are still together. You both look amazing....then and now. 

Pauline and I thank you all so much for all of your wonderful anniversary messages.

Love to you all.

Pauline and Graham xx

• Like 13

6 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

I zap it in the microwave 30 seconds with a tablespoon of water in the bowl, making it easier to peel. Then mince for salad, or saute with onion in fry pan before adding eggs. I've read that the closer to raw, the more medicinal. Mince rather than crush to maybe keep milder taste. I put pretty much of it in soups, meatloaf, etc. My goal is to include it every day.

I am not sure if I could cope with raw in salads.  I have garlic in food but not daily. I am keen to find all of the ways I can bring my BP down.  It has been normal or just pre- range for the past few days.  I do think that it is the cardio workouts that are making the difference in my case.  I am just not sure how sustainable that is over the next few years.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Happy Anniversary @grapau27 Graham and Pauline.   Thanks for posting the pic! Have a great day!

1 hour ago, ollienbertsmum said:

Happy anniversary.  Lovely photo.   Wishing you many more years of happiness.

37 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@grapau27

Pauline and Graham,

💐  Happy 42nd wedding anniversary 💐

Wishing you many more years together, in health and in happiness

Thank you for your nice comments my dear cc friends.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

We both had it in Feb '22. 

There's nothing in the news anymore about it and as people don't report it there's no knowing if it's spiking again. 

My 1 year old g/son first birthday and christening celebration on the 3rd so I hope I'm over the infectious stage by then. 

Thank you everyone for your good wishes 😊 

I somehow missed your post yesterday while playing catch up.   Sorry to hear you have covid.  Hopefully you feel better soon and everyone else will be ok.

We have a girl in our office that wasn't feeling well end of last week and she called me Saturday to say both her and her Daughter tested positive. 

I spoke with her yesterday and she said she feels fine now.  She only felt crappy for 2 days.   This was her 2nd time with covid.    

Fingers crossed your symptoms remain mild and are over quickly.

Hoping noone else at work caught it, especially since we are already short staff due to vacations. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Good morning!  Happy Happy Anniversary to @grapau27 Graham and Pauline from Liverpool!  We are in your country now currently on a tour.  It is 60 degrees and raining.

This morning’s sunrise.

IMG_8513.thumb.jpeg.03ca9cd67e25dafee84ba3c7452989c4.jpeg

Stunning colors.  Love it! Hope everyone is having a great cruise

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I somehow missed your post yesterday while playing catch up.   Sorry to hear you have covid.  Hopefully you feel better soon and everyone else will be ok.

I feel like I have missed a lot here the last few days.  

@sgmn sorry to hear you have Covid. Hope it is a mild one. 

• Like 1

I am finally going to get some time to catch up and relax once we start our vacation.  

I have been hit or miss here on this thread, but have included all in my prayers.

I wish there were crib notes to summarize all of the life moments, but I want to say I will try to make the time to catch up.

Now I hope to get some relaxing time on our vacation and if your interested I will be doing a live thread.

Take care 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Good morning!  Happy Happy Anniversary to @grapau27 Graham and Pauline from Liverpool!  We are in your country now currently on a tour.  It is 60 degrees and raining.

This morning’s sunrise.

IMG_8513.thumb.jpeg.03ca9cd67e25dafee84ba3c7452989c4.jpeg

Wow Hellen that is spectacular! Have fun today!!

31 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I am finally going to get some time to catch up and relax once we start our vacation.  

I have been hit or miss here on this thread, but have included all in my prayers.

I wish there were crib notes to summarize all of the life moments, but I want to say I will try to make the time to catch up.

Now I hope to get some relaxing time on our vacation and if your interested I will be doing a live thread.

Take care 

Yipee! Have a great cruise!

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

We had a lovely couple of days in York and the Aviation Museum last week. We had one day in York and definitely want to go back.  We climbed up the very narrow twisty staircase to the top of the Minster tower 278 steps I think.

The next day we went to the Aviation Museum. Gary was in his element. He paid for a one to one with a Halifax expert (his father flew on them in WW2) and they chatted for three hours. 

We met on an Aviation course in Surrey 37 years ago and the very same Dove that they had at the college is now in the Yorkshire Museum 

Other coincidences from our lives there too. A Hunter, the type of which my dad worked on in the RAF and the Gate Guardian on the Canadian Base in Baden Germany where Gary lived as a teenager

The Minster 

20230817_140529.thumb.jpg.86eb6690a48f19549f0006823d326048.jpg

20230817_141230.thumb.jpg.068999ee9238132385de1b58708887d6.jpg

IMG-20230817-WA0008.thumb.jpg.260afd609f0dac9972f29b67ad0da27c.jpg

the Canadian Gate Guardian 

20230818_122413.thumb.jpg.18c4a94086e5782d9ad3cf19b9b02818.jpg

The Halifax 

20230818_124003.thumb.jpg.d7ec2bd5da2afc120cf2e5da30fef575.jpg

The Dove 

IMG-20230818-WA0005.thumb.jpg.9f53c2fa6b09e65dad1d247df63dc546.jpg

Was Gary's father based in Yorkshire during the war?, we live in the edge of a wartime airfield just South of Selby, about 20 miles from the air museum.

The main aircraft that flew from here were Halifaxs, what a pity that the Halifax at Elvington is not airworthy.

Our airfield at Burn still has quite a few runways usable and the local gliding club use them.

A few years ago the R A F used it for training landings and take off from remote locations.

A wartime reunion was held in the 1998 and people came from as far away has Canada and Australia to attend, local villagers were welcome and it was great to talk with the veterans.

The flypast was done by the Lancaster has obviously no Halifax was available.

A memorial book to 578 squadron is kept in Selby Abbey South of York.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1