Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just as well my car isn't in the garage anyway as it decided it wanted a longer vacation and is dead in the driveway.  DH offered to come home to jumpstart it but he was going to have to miss a meeting to do it, so I called AAA.  Estimated time for service was 1 hour 29 minutes.  I am about to hit 3 hours but at least the guy is on the way, I am tracking his truck now.  

• Like 10

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Hi, everybody!

I’m back out of the rabbit hole!

We enjoyed our Bermuda cruise on Mariner, and am so glad we finally made it. 
It was an eye opener. 

Our guide took us everywhere, and was a fountain of information. 
If anyone is looking for a good one, his name is Millard Lightbourne, and the email is his daughter’s…millarda@northrockbm. 
Tell her Mimi sent you.
Your reply will be from Gizell. 
I don’t remember, actually, if I’ve posted since then!

Just before the cruise, I had gotten a text saying the test results from an MRI were available on the hospital portal. 
Fool that I am, I went into the portal and the first words I saw were Diagnosis Pancreatic Cancer. My oncologist’s appointment was Oct 11, so I kept the news to myself so as not to spoil Dick’s enjoyment of the cruise. 
two days after the cruise, I tested positive for COVID. Canceled everything on my calendar and changed my appointment to Oct 27. 
I can tell you it was hard to act totally normal while wondering if I would/could have chemo, radiation, or both. 
Well, my oncologist greeted me with a smile, and said she had the results. I said I had read them and saw Pancreatic Cancer. 
Dr K said MRIs can’t tell malignant cells from benign. 

She also said chemo and radiation wouldn’t have been an option, only surgery. 
She said the spots on my lungs and on my pancreas have been stable for two years and she expects them to stay that way. 
I should have asked @Ocean Boy about those results instead of worrying myself sick!

So a CTscan on my lungs in 6 months and another pelvic  MRI in 12. 
I live to cruise another day!

I'm pleased to hear your oncologist gave you good news Mimi and sorry you were worrying unnecessarily.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I have had MRIs like that since my cancer diagnosis.  Mine are every 6 months and next month is the month.  The waiting for a week or 2 to see the doctor after can be agonizing. But in the meantime we are making final payments and going on with life. Scanxiety is what I call it.  I share with the DH because he keeps me centered and optimistic. 

Very happy for you! 

I did tell Dick after the cruise. I wanted him to enjoy it sorry free. 
We have a 4 day Allure coming in February. 
I’m the booking agent for 34 of us from my Women’s Club. I haven’t done a group in several years, so it’s been fun.

I actually retired in 1998 and only book a friend here and there. 
So at the grand old age of 87, I’m herding cats again!

• Like 12
  • Haha 9

20 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Ozark_Kid that’s a very sturdy ramp that was built for you.

Yes it is. It works great for the new wheelchair!  My SIL knew another therapist that worked with other guys to build ramps for people.   All they ask for is the cost of supplies.  We were able to donate extra to help someone that may need a ramp but couldn't afford the cost of supplies. It was so nice of them.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We have another cold, rainy day today.  Yesterday was the final football game for the PeeWee team our granddaughter cheers for.  Raincoats and gloves were the outfits of the day. 

IMG_9248.thumb.jpeg.3c457e6234eaf4733cc7533667d3d6b7.jpeg

Their team went undefeated again this season, and they managed a win in this championship game with a score of 6-0. We were all soaked after this game that will billed as the Super Bowl.  Even the cheerleaders received Super Bowl medals. 

IMG_9252.thumb.jpeg.5efbb20736e02c148ab0b4b4f2c5bad2.jpeg

Congratulations to both the cheer and football teams for a successful season. A special kudos for the parents. 

5 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Andrew's final football game was last Friday. His season was not what he had hoped since he spent a month with his arm in a cast and didn't get to practice or play much during that time. But he still enjoyed the experience and is looking forward to next year.

Basketball tryouts were last week, and on Friday Andrew was notified that he made the team. They only took about half of the boys who tried out, so he didn't know what to expect. Basketball is his favorite sport to play, and he's had the most experience playing throughout the years. This will be his first time on his school team, though (athletics starts in 7th grade).

Here's his football portrait. He looks so different; I can't get over how much older he looks overnight. 

Andrew Football 2023 #2.jpg

It’s nice to see that he got to play after the cast came off. He seems to growing up and quickly.  

Congrats to him making the basketball team as well.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I don't get it, either. There are too many hailstorms here in TX to park outside. We have to precisely park both cars in exactly the right spots in order for them to fit in our barely 2-car garage, but we manage. Now, when Andrew starts driving in a couple of years and we have to add a 3rd car (he will get Brian's old CR-V and Brian will get a newer one), then he will have to park on the street. 

On the other hand, we have a storage shed in our yard and we pay for a small indoor storage unit elsewhere since we have no basement and our cars take up our garage space. 😂

We were fortunate that the garages in our 3 houses, we owned at different times, were large enough for our car(s) and storage.  Our house in TX had a large loft and huge walk in closet that we also used as storage.

And, your Andrew is growing up mighty handsome!

@jagsfan Mimi so glad you're relieved and back to planning cruises.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

When I was moving from NJ to FL, you cannot imagine how many of my donation bags were opened (behind my back) and stuff collected in a "I Think We May Need This in Florida " pile. 😨
I managed to put all back in the donation bag and tie it up, after saying OK dear.

On Saturday we completely emptied out our shed and the attic shed and began sorting in piles of what would be kept, donated or thrown away.    Items from the throw away pile kept ending back into the keep pile.   

Once we got to the point of re-organizing where everything was going in the shed I let him do that while I filled trash bags and trash cans so he wouldn't see that I was grabbing stuff he put back into the keep pile.  😇   Then I began walking stuff from the shed to our curb and before you know it the trash pickers were there grabbing up old ladders, old bicycles, old yard tools (leaf blower, hedge trimmers, etc.)     Worked out perfect as he didn't even realize what I got rid of by that point (Not yet!!).

Next is the garage!!    The garage attic is truly a mess and all needs to go to the curb, IMO

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Debbie, did u manage to sell your MIL's house? 

The new buyers close on November 10th.   So far all is going well with them.

Thank you for asking.🥰

The previous buyer did return all missing items, except for leaf blower.  Said he has no idea where it went to.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We almost had that situation recently.  After I fixed the corner of the wall that Susan introduced the car to, she decided she wanted a nice, big shoe rack in that corner.   So I got a big one that was pretty tall. Backed the SUV in, started to open the rear hatch, and there wasn’t enough room to clear the new shoe rack.  Then it was a matter of finding the sweet spot where the rear hatch would open and the garage door would close.  It works now, but with only 2” clearance at the door and at the rack.  She hasn’t tried to back that one in yet.  

oh, and we have two SUVs, our boat, gas grill, table saw, radial saw, and a fridge in our garage too.  Good thing I have a two level storage barn for our other outdoor things.

A shoe rack in garage is a good idea.  We have various sneakers, flip flops and boots that are used for outdoor yard work or the "s" word

• Like 1

@jagsfan  Such great news, Mimi! 🌹

@Jimbo  I love your seashell themed tree.🎄

@Ozark_Kid Your SIL did a great job on your ramp!

@TravelGirlinDallas Congratulations to Andrew on making the Basketball Team.  Mighty handsome fella!😊

@HBE4 and @lenquixote66  Thank you for the info on "Bodies".  That'll be the next series we will watch😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2