Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, RCI does actually have a ship...

I believe you mentioned that before,we all know they had an unforeseeable issue that prevented them from having the ship  ready in time.

Thus they had to cancel.

Was a nice concept, just couldn't make it happen.

https://miraycruises.com/in-media-4

Edited by Jimbo

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hey @Ozark_Kid I don’t know if you saw it but CBS Sunday Morning had a very interesting piece on ALS and on a family’s fight to makes drugs and treatments more readily available. Here is the link if you did not see it. I found it very inspirational.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/fighting-the-good-fight-against-als/

I also watched it this morning, from our Galveston hotel Moody Gardens huge resort . Nice hotel lobby bar and upscale restaurant on top floor with another bar , they asked us if we wanted to upgrade to a suite , silly question, nice suite. Suite checkin was a breeze got to ship at 11:40 was in suite lounge with a beer at noon . Hotel had unbelievable Christmas decorations both inside and out.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, RCI does actually have a ship...

Very true. I’m a bit surprise that their site is still live. You could drill down to book a specific cabin with a price, but their floor plans don’t matter as they have no ship.

Maybe the finance company pulled the plug, or the cruise line that originally owned the ship wasn’t willing to extend the financing loan to buy/lease their ship once they saw they were cash poor. When the financing fell through the owner of the ship decided to sell to someone else. 

I wonder for how long the organizers knew that this was transforming from a real possibility of happening, to a pipe dream or a pyramid scheme.  IMO they have known for a while.  It’s not like they can head down to the used cruise ship lot and get one for a week next Tuesday.  Meanwhile those that booked expecting to go have been left high and dry. 

I really hope all the folks get their deposits back.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

We were on P&O Iona with over 5000 passengers.

We had an aft balcony with fabulous views.

Graham - I still have Iona aft envy.  I am sure you know I was booked on my *first ever* aft balcony on Iona in June 2020.

Even though youngest went with me to Tromso in Feb this year I still regret not taking an amazing cruise.  

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, George C said:

I also watched it this morning, from our Galveston hotel Moody Gardens huge resort . Nice hotel lobby bar and upscale restaurant on top floor with another bar , they asked us if we wanted to upgrade to a suite , silly question, nice suite. Suite checkin was a breeze got to ship at 11:40 was in suite lounge with a beer at noon . Hotel had unbelievable Christmas decorations both inside and out.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Enjoy, we board harmony in 2 weeks... I can't wait.

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Very true. I’m a bit surprise that their site is still live. You could drill down to book a specific cabin with a price, but their floor plans don’t matter as they have no ship.

Maybe the finance company pulled the plug, or the cruise line that originally owned the ship wasn’t willing to extend the financing loan to buy/lease their ship once they saw they were cash poor. When the financing fell through the owner of the ship decided to sell to someone else. 

I wonder for how long the organizers knew that this was transforming from a real possibility of happening, to a pipe dream or a pyramid scheme.  IMO they have known for a while.  It’s not like they can head down to the used cruise ship lot and get one for a week next Tuesday.  Meanwhile those that booked expecting to go have been left high and dry. 

I wonder how long this was in the planning stages. With so many ships being sent to the breakers during the shutdown how hard could it have been to buy a decent ship and do some fixing up?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

You positive attitude and the love and support of your family and friends are so important, along with your medical care.  You are in my thoughts  .... this just hits too close to home. 🙏🏻

@Ozark_Kid John + 1 .... go barefoot in the sand as long as you can.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Or the Owners of the ship got a better higher offer for the sale last minute and went with the other company (Celestyal Cruises)which eventually were the ones that bought the ship?

Rug pulled out from under them?

So there was actually a ship for this cruise.

5 hours ago, singinalot said:

thank you so much! It was my first holiday “single” in 9 years. I spent it with family and had a wonderful time.

IMG_3479.thumb.jpeg.16dd22076a09b93c03c29ef9d35655ac.jpeg

next weekend we will be in Park City, UT for my cousins wedding. I went shopping with her yesterday to see if I could find a dress but decided to stick with one I have from a 2019 cruise instead. i tried on my outfit last night just to be sure it still fit. IMG_3538.thumb.jpeg.3a0aac264f2f95b37c181c4a8504ef46.jpeg

I’ve never been to Utah, so really looking forward to it. First wedding “single” as well. Hopefully I’m not an emotional mess, but I think it’ll be good.

@singinalot that’s terrific to hear #Weareallrootingforyou!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Or the Owners of the ship got a better higher offer for the sale last minute and went with the other company (Celestyal Cruises)which eventually were the ones that bought the ship?

Rug pulled out from under them?

So there was actually a ship for this cruise.

The final cancellation may be news but this wasn’t entirely unexpected or a surprise. There have been problems from the beginning.

This was not the originally planned ship or itinerary.

I haven’t followed closely but there have been management and changes of plans since March (?) when they began selling. Easy enough to follow the troubled history.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Can you please check internet pricing for me please. Trying to decide whether to buy pre cruise or wait. Depending on price, if I wait and buy on board I might wait until midnight after we leave Coco Cay. That way with my D+ discount I'll only have to pay for 4 days.

Yes, thanks for the reminder.

3 hours ago, George C said:

I think @firefly333 was boarding today as well. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, George C said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Bon Voyage.  Hope you both have great time!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, singinalot said:

thank you so much! It was my first holiday “single” in 9 years. I spent it with family and had a wonderful time.

IMG_3479.thumb.jpeg.16dd22076a09b93c03c29ef9d35655ac.jpeg

next weekend we will be in Park City, UT for my cousins wedding. I went shopping with her yesterday to see if I could find a dress but decided to stick with one I have from a 2019 cruise instead. i tried on my outfit last night just to be sure it still fit. IMG_3538.thumb.jpeg.3a0aac264f2f95b37c181c4a8504ef46.jpeg

I’ve never been to Utah, so really looking forward to it. First wedding “single” as well. Hopefully I’m not an emotional mess, but I think it’ll be good.

Great pictures Crystal! You look fantastic.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog

KC was losing 0-14.  When I started watching they turned it on!    They should have an easy finish this season but if you see them.losing texted me and I will start watching. That was the longest I watched an NFL game this year. 

They ended up pulling it out. Boy that game made me nervous.

• Like 3

Another Great Win by the Philadelphia Eagles. Never say die attitude, they just never give up.

Eagles Record 10-1

Bills just another .500 team now. 6-6

Next up rematch with the 49er's

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Can you please check internet pricing for me please. Trying to decide whether to buy pre cruise or wait. Depending on price, if I wait and buy on board I might wait until midnight after we leave Coco Cay. That way with my D+ discount I'll only have to pay for 4 days.

It’s 28.99 per day. 😲 Prices have definitely gone up.