Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Schooner sounds good.

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We have dinner reservations at 7:30 so we will be there around 8:30.

Wait, what???  You guys are on the same cruise?  I should have crashed it. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Wait, what???  You guys are on the same cruise?  I should have crashed it. 😀

Yes, we've got to continue our drinking streak after the Icon. 😁

• Like 6

6 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I am thinking they definitely know based on what’s written on it to display upside down.  That would be a heck of a mistake to make if not.  😆 

The  lead up to my VV cruise is getting very interesting.  Apparently door signs are not required on VV, the requests are just made via the rc. Who knew  rcs are not only for organising private shore excursions and slot pulls…

and just for the record pineapple flavoured Lighthouse cookies are off the menu for me 🤣

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Haha 18

Meet Kelly (as in Clarkson).  She showed up on the back porch, starving yesterday morning.  I will call the vet tomorrow morning and get her in for a complete check up asap.  

20240203_073545.thumb.jpg.4d75eb7bcf770e9851a18ca6fef8215a.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 6

On 2/2/2024 at 11:49 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

Can’t believe it’s February already.  January seemed to pass in a blink of an eye.  Bon voyage to @Ocean Boy and to those of you who are boarding a ship this month.  

Over here it's known as the longest most miserable month. Christmas is over, skies are grey and it's cold. Most companies pay wages around 20th Dec so its a looooong time till next payday.  And everyones trying to be super healthy and lose those Xmas pounds.

But it over now and I shouldn't wish my life away. 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 10

Good afternoon.

It is 48°F, cloudy and windy here in North East England.

At church this morning we found out the wife of our previous church warden died suddenly last week with a very aggressive cancer.

I hope everyone on here is safe and well and cruise as much as possible.

Take care.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

@akcruz great pictures April, especially that sunset shot. You’re trip sound a lot like what Andy and I do every year between February & March.  We drive down to FL visiting several different spots spending 2-4 days in each one.  Then since we’re already in FL, it only makes sense to add in some form of cruise 🙂.  Do you have any favorite areas you’ve stayed? I’m always looking for suggestions for future trips.  

• Like 7

On 2/2/2024 at 11:52 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

I think cinemas will disappear permanently within 10 years.

Pre covid we would go around every 10 days, now it's about once every three months. We've just got out of the habit plus it's so easy and cheaper to stream something 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Over here it's known as the longest most miserable month. Christmas is over, skies are grey and it's cold. Most companies pay wages around 20th Dec so its a looooong time till next payday.  And everyones trying to be super healthy and lose those Xmas pounds.

But it over now and I shouldn't wish my life away. 

Our vicar's church sermon today mentioned everything you have said Sue.

It is the start of Lent on Valentine's day so 2 things to look forward to.

• Like 4

On 2/2/2024 at 6:12 PM, brillohead said:

If you ever need curly hair advice for that little one, feel free to ask.  I'm a bit of a curly hair expert.  (And now that he's out of the Army, even my son is wearing his hair longer and learning how to style the curls he inherited from his mother!)

Personally I think it needs snipping. He's three in April and it's never been cut. I'm forever tucking it behind his ears or pushing it out if his eyes.  Tempted to send him home with it pulled into a pony tail 🤔 

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@akcruz great pictures April, especially that sunset shot. You’re trip sound a lot like what Andy and I do every year between February & March.  We drive down to FL visiting several different spots spending 2-4 days in each one.  Then since we’re already in FL, it only makes sense to add in some form of cruise 🙂.  Do you have any favorite areas you’ve stayed? I’m always looking for suggestions for future trips.  

@akcruz I'm also interested in what you liked most about your trip.  We're still relative newcomers to Florida and are always looking for someplace that we can visit for a long weekend.  

• Like 3

We just dropped friends of ours from Cincinnati at the airport.  It was great having them here for a few days.  Lots of fun.  Time however to now spend several days without drinking, eating a lot less, and sleeping a lot more!

• Like 11