Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Stork Update:  DIL1 delivered baby at 6:56AM. 2/18/2024 5lb6oz.  It was a quick & speedy delivery.  He was very eager to enter the world.  Thank God, he and his mommy are doing well.  Doctors are keeping an eye on mommy to make sure everything is stable.  We will go see them in a week or so.  Now we wait for DS2’s turn who is due in April.

Congratulations 🍼💖🎉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Stork Update:  DIL1 delivered baby at 6:56AM. 2/18/2024 5lb6oz.  It was a quick & speedy delivery.  He was very eager to enter the world.  Thank God, he and his mommy are doing well.  Doctors are keeping an eye on mommy to make sure everything is stable.  We will go see them in a week or so.  Now we wait for DS2’s turn who is due in April.

Mazal Tov, H & M, and, of course, your DS1's family. I was eagerly awaiting the news 🥂 💐

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@DaniDanielle Marietta, my sincere condolences to Charlie and you. Sending positive thoughts to your friend

@Sea Dog Greg, so sorry about all you're going through now. At least, Linda is doing better 😘

@aussielozzie18 Hope your DD is on the mend and her recovery will be full.

@Luckynana Maryann, "glad" that the break was a clean one, hopefully your youngest GS will make a full recovery.

image.thumb.jpeg.f157a1ac675bb420dcd80a86eb2f16bd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1f3bcc8907770923034b6d3f1ecc92c9.jpeg

This looks delicious once again, Dani!  

Thank you, William is doing well with his break!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Congratulations to you and your son and DIL1! 🤗

Pleased to hear that mom and baby are doing well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Congratulations!   Glad to hear they are doing well.  He is close to my son’s birth weight.  He was born 5 weeks early and came in at 5lb 9oz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Congratulations.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I have always gotten x-rays at least once a year with my dental work. I just assumed that it was necessary. Nobody has ever indicated otherwise. Should I be questioning that now?

I don't know if you need them or not. I'm pretty aware of my body and know when I have an issue.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Congratulations on your newest baby grandson.  A quick and speedy delivery is always great for the mom and dad!  I'm glad that mother and baby are doing well.  Is there a name for your new grandson yet?👣

Happy Birthday, baby boy!🎈👣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I have always gotten x-rays at least once a year with my dental work. I just assumed that it was necessary. Nobody has ever indicated otherwise. Should I be questioning that now?

Dental X-rays are normally done once a year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Congratulations

• Thanks 2

Congratulations on this news. 🎉 

• Thanks 2

Congratulations to all. 💐  Happy Birthday to the Baby Boy🎉🎇

• Thanks 2

Congratulations to the family. What a great blessing.

• Thanks 2

On 2/17/2024 at 3:19 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

There was a discussion on the WC thread about the volume level of the shows on Royal.  VV are next level.  I haven’t been to a full show yet, but the Bingo with Diva was at full volume including a song performance by Diva.  I walked out of Bingo with a pulsing headache and had to skip the slot pull organised by our roll call that was scheduled immediately after as a result.  I have a show booked for tonight but I am worried about how loud it will be in a small venue.  It  runs for an hour and it’s a standing only for the audience.

What show has standing room only? Not sure I want to be standing for an hour.

Edited by ReneeFLL

5 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Smiling as I type congratulations to you, Marty and family on the birth of you sweet grandson.   Best wishes on a quick and speedy delivery in April!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Congrats on the new grand baby.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Congratulations 🎉

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

What show has standing room only? Not sure I want to be standing for an hour.

Persephone.  Excuse the poor quality photos but you can see the audience are standing on the floor  near the main stage and around the mini stages.  
There  is a small seating area upstairs with a small balcony on either side.  The small number of cruisers stood at the balcony edge.  The audience in the seated section 3 rows of 4 seats each - faced the main stage but had an obstructed view or completely obstructed view of the performers up high opposite the main stage. Venue: The Red Room.

FF976EC6-812F-4A3B-B9F1-61A8D5E25B24.jpeg

4B5170FB-2614-4599-BB07-09425CE6BA2C.jpeg

AF2EDCB0-C757-43FD-A841-46623CB993F6.jpeg

684046C1-8860-413B-9E86-8E9431B0C388.jpeg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When do you leave for Singapore?    I wish you and Gary safe travels and hope you have lots of fun exploring with good weather.   Hope to see some photos if you will have internet.   😊

Wednesday!! A night time flight, so with the time difference we arrive their time the evening of Thursday.

We have four days in Singapore before our four day cruise. Just heard this morning we've got our RoyalUp 👍

We had a guarantee and as expected we got a obstructive OVB on 6. I was ok with that but it was a connecting room and holds four, so potential for noise. Anyway I bid the minimum of £35pp for OVB and got a nice one on floor 8, NOT connecting , so happy with that. 

We should have Internet in hotel and our diamond allowance on board, if all else fails I'll update at the airport .

First time in our 37 years of marriage we've gone further East than Dubai.

Thank you for your good wishes 😊 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 13

9 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Very Many congratulations to the wonderful newly expanded family and to the new grandparents ❤️ 

Edited by sgmn
  • Thanks 1