Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

He plays with some of his former baseball and one of his hockey teammates on this team JR team of grades 9/10 players.

I think Jim asked about night games, VS day games. There has never been night football games.  In fact all high school sports are played during school hours. On a side note many high school football fields in the States have larger bleachers than many universities here in Canada. Our football here is comparable to hockey in America. Hockey is just that much bigger here than football. 

Here is Owen with his hockey teammate who received the Captain Crunch award for the hardest hits. I’m glad Weston is on our hockey and football team. Owen is tall at 14 but it makes you realize that Weston is a “giant”.  He played offence as well as defence the entire game.

Owen was told by the coaches that he is getting an award on Tuesday, after Thanksgiving.  I don’t think they expected him to make all the plays he did. He cemented his role yesterday. 

96E2F36D-1573-405E-A05A-7DEAB5938391.thumb.jpeg.0a3f7dc8a6bb7fe320c5ef9f9953f4fd.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 13

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Judy.

Funny you mentioning German class.... When we were about to be relocated to Brussels by the company my DH has worked all his life, they tried to make it as easier as possible, especially for the spouses who had to leave their places of work behind.

We were given the option of taking an intensive course in English, French or German.

Since I was quite fluent in the first two, and DH knew a bit of Yiddish from home, we choose German.

I was a resounding failure. I think that, psychologically, I couldn't see myself speaking German.

To this day, whenever I visit Germany [pre-Covid, at least once a year, since I have family there], I'm astonished to see my first cousin [and, before that, my late dear aunt, who barely escaped a camp, together with my grandmother, leaving behind my grandfather in an unmarked grave] being so "integrated" in Germany.

My aunt [a pediatrician] and my uncle [a pharmacist], being high-skilled, didn't have any hope of being given permission to leave Romania's N.C., so they crammed a few belongings in their car, and managed to flee through Yugoslavia to Germany.

The plan was to make some money, so as not to arrive in Israel without any means, like my parents.

They indeed made "some money", but never arrived here.... the life in Germany is too good. 😢

About 50 years ago I spent a year in Germany while in the army, only words I learned was to order beer , was able to order from one to ten beers 😁.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Keksie said:

At the back of our property.  It is our neighbor's 2 ponds but with all the rain this year the ponds have joined and the water has spread almost/onto our property making a delightful little lake.  There are a lot of water fowl that enjoy it from time to time.  Right now there are a white heron and egrets around.  We have had geese and ducks at various times.

1616897991_Backyard.thumb.jpeg.76882fb23c32af8b4906a506cf219fa9.jpeg

No water shortages here for sure!   Pretty cool about the new lake!  

Pond behind our site where the land yacht is nested, has gotten quite large and has some very happy Frogs singing all night...LOUD Frogs! 😉  🐸

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning from Miami. 

All dressed, packed and eagerly waiting to catch the hotel shuttle to port. 

We are eagerly waiting to get updates on those struggling to get here 

Flight delays, cancellations of flights as well as I 95 S. Closed from a wreck causing backups. 

We hope and pray for a safe journey. 

It looks like I will have a significant amount of reading to do on my other favorite threads till I get home.  

For now. 
Keep safe

Stay Healthy 

Keeping all in my prayers. 

Sue 

Exciting!  Have a wonderful cruise!!  🙂 

33 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Have a great cruise.  For a moment, I thought we booked our COVID tests at the same CVS as you.  No CVS near us in PA.  Got slots on the 21st, and ordering our Royal At home tests for backups.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

A good thing to know, as well as “where is the bathroom?”, and “which way to the port?”

I know that in 6 languages now. 😁

Yup, I know fluently how to order Margaritas and Beer in Spanish...and to ask where the bathroom is.  😄 😄 

• Like 5

Our cardinal has not left. We are greeted by him almost hourly in the morning. Lucy had not got him yet. He likes all the lower level windows. Thankfully there has been no damage to the screens, at least yet. 

078C3504-38D9-496F-9D00-198410B89A94.thumb.jpeg.db72026b52c2aa336bf03fe9b26371cb.jpeg

332B0281-06EF-49EB-868E-F36F258EE4A0.thumb.jpeg.a4a81355e9d5ed943e8ca4d4a63c8eeb.jpeg

278F522F-C144-4994-9C0C-E46ED4EAE5D3.thumb.jpeg.586f4261eeb7b48d478d9e6179269ec6.jpeg

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning from Miami. 

We are eagerly waiting to get updates on those struggling to get here 

Flight delays, cancellations of flights as well as I 95 S. Closed from a wreck causing backups. 

We hope and pray for a safe journey. 

It looks like I will have a significant amount of reading to do on my other favorite threads till I get home.  

For now. 
Keep safe

Stay Healthy 

Keeping all in my prayers. 

Sue 

Enjoy your cruise Sue.

We had quite the soaking journey down to FLL yesterday. The 4 hrs turned into 8 hrs due to delays on I 95 and the weather.

We are ready to board!!!!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@Jimboglad you have your electrician lined up so you can start using that spa.  Now, here are a few observations from the first couple days of using ours. 

1.  Why is it that they have twice as many drink holders as they have seats in the tub?  Is it for those standing outside wanting to get in?  In any event, I have been trying out all the holders. 

DF614DB0-9256-442B-9FF8-A8E803AE0B7A.thumb.jpeg.2111191b10e066112a41d90d4de0dd99.jpeg

2.  I can see an outdoor bar in the future.  I already hate getting out and going in the house to refill drinks.  😂😂

3.  Privacy screening will be a priority. We already had our backyard neighbor’s mother wander over. 🤷

4. For us, we may look for a gazebo to keep the leaves and acorns from falling in.  

We are enjoying ours!!

You must have been talking with my wife, She has all ready mentioned #2 and #4 which she wants out in the back yard somewhere, really don't need it over hot tub as there are no tall trees around except the apple tree straight out from Hot Tub.

As far as #3 we only have 1 neighbor to the extreme right of us, other then that there is no one behind us.  For the neighbor next store I positioned the cover so it will block out the view of the neighbors house.

I will have to go look again to see how many  cup holder there is, however I did all ready find the ice chest 🙂20211007_133523.thumb.jpg.f7fae95b986958cbc5c6b79802cd14ff.jpg

20211007_133513.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 6

18 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Just know that all of you and your families, who have been struggling with issues, have been in my thoughts and prayers.  Life can sometimes throw us unexpected curves.  

Today, my niece’s husband passed away from a stage 4 form of cancer.  Sadly, he leaves behind an 18 year old boy and 6 & 8 year old girls.

I will catch up on posts tomorrow.  Take care everyone. 

Mark, I’m so sorry to hear that.

16 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Mallory’s MRI was postponed to October 18.She is so scared.She asked her father if she will die.I cried when I heard that.

Sorry to hear about the postponement. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Arzeena said:

NO NO NO Mallory, YOU are destined to do great things in life.....like blowing 90 candles from your birthday cake. Picture that and Remember that!

Wonderful, uplifting post.  Made me teary eyed. And so it shall be!

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Yesterday we celebrated our DGS 5th b’day at our DIL parents’s home.

As usual—too much food….

06FB0F3D-3DC1-47DC-A0A8-5ADA3FFEBDA1.jpeg

The b'day cake

7CBFBE39-5124-41E2-89B1-8990F164A4AC.jpeg

And, as is the custom, raising the b'day boy 5 times + one for the next year 

🥰

Happy birthday to your grandson.  What a wonderful spread.  It is my belief that Israelis make the best and most appetizing salads.   Love the smiles of love and pride at the end of the birthday good luck raise.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Yesterday we celebrated our DGS 5th b’day at our DIL parents’s home.

As usual—too much food….

06FB0F3D-3DC1-47DC-A0A8-5ADA3FFEBDA1.jpeg

The b'day cake

7CBFBE39-5124-41E2-89B1-8990F164A4AC.jpeg

And, as is the custom, raising the b'day boy 5 times + one for the next year 

🥰

Happy Birthday and many, many more🎂

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@Jimboglad you have your electrician lined up so you can start using that spa.  Now, here are a few observations from the first couple days of using ours. 

1.  Why is it that they have twice as many drink holders as they have seats in the tub?  Is it for those standing outside wanting to get in?  In any event, I have been trying out all the holders. 

DF614DB0-9256-442B-9FF8-A8E803AE0B7A.thumb.jpeg.2111191b10e066112a41d90d4de0dd99.jpeg

2.  I can see an outdoor bar in the future.  I already hate getting out and going in the house to refill drinks.  😂😂

3.  Privacy screening will be a priority. We already had our backyard neighbor’s mother wander over. 🤷

4. For us, we may look for a gazebo to keep the leaves and acorns from falling in.  

We are enjoying ours!!

3- good fences makes good neighbors 

we have a ten foot fence 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Just know that all of you and your families, who have been struggling with issues, have been in my thoughts and prayers.  Life can sometimes throw us unexpected curves.  

Today, my niece’s husband passed away from a stage 4 form of cancer.  Sadly, he leaves behind an 18 year old boy and 6 & 8 year old girls.

I will catch up on posts tomorrow.  Take care everyone. 

I wasn’t able to post till now…CC sure has problems. 
I just want to say how sorry about your sad news, and all my sympathy for your niece and her children. And for her husband who had to leave them. 
I hope their memories keep them strong. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I wasn’t able to post till now…CC sure has problems. 
I just want to say how sorry about your sad news, and all my sympathy for your niece and her children. And for her husband who had to leave them. 
I hope their memories keep them strong. 

Adding my condolences as well. Such a tragic situation. 

• Like 2

Eric woke up with his arm/shoulder bothering him.  The one he broke this past winter.   So he's going to take easy today and went out to do some surf fishing with our neighbor.   I painted 2nd floor closet doors.

I moved furniture around in 2 bedrooms.  Those and the 2 bathrooms are officially done.  

Next will be walls in MBR and the hallway.

Taking a break and going to ride bike to bay village and go to my favorite used bookstore.  Brought 6 books from this summers reading to trade in.

Very windy here today.  Rain on it's way for sunday/monday.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Mallory’s MRI was postponed to October 18.She is so scared.She asked her father if she will die.I cried when I heard that.

I’m so sorry the poor baby has to wait and worry for so long. I don’t know an answer to help her, except to surround her with love and laughter. 
Please tell Mallory that you have a lot of friends who wish they could hug her. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric woke up with his arm/shoulder bothering him.  The one he broke this past winter.   So he's going to take easy today

Good move.

I understand you want the painting to be over, and use the remaining of good weather to air the rooms, but he got a "hint".... 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

A good thing to know, as well as “where is the bathroom?”, and “which way to the port?”

I know that in 6 languages now. 😁

I know the difference between eingang and  ausgang, and can pick out a lot of words.
Understanding spoken German will never happen. 

Sadly, my mother’s parents left Germany in 1909, and my father’s job brought him from Germany in 1934. 
So I’m 100% German and don’t speak it. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, George C said:

About 50 years ago I spent a year in Germany while in the army, only words I learned was to order beer , was able to order from one to ten beers 😁.

I learned a lot of words while overseas and most I can't say on CC. 😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 5