Do you think we will see USA costal cruises now?

I was wondering, to keep the cruise industry going, do you think USA costal cruises will happen.

Like NY to Las Vegas or Midwest to California coastline?  States like Ohio, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Kansas would really benefit from interior US To coastline cruises.

What do you think, Because where else can they go if other countries wont let them dock?

Thanks

• Haha 2

As long as the neighboring states are closed it wont be possible. As long as the no sail order is enforced at least. I forecast it to return next year in full. We may expect it this Autumn the earliest. I also wonder how big the demand will be. As far as the regular cruises go, their demand are super high for 21-22 

21 minutes ago, lovetotravel1977 said:

I know OP is joking, but I do wonder if there will be an increase in riverboat cruises in places until all international ports open up.  The trips are just very long.  I think the Pittsburgh to St. Louis was 10-12 days the last time I checked.  

Viking is doing Mississippi River cruises starting in 2022 (or 21... dont remember)  I actually think that would be fun.

How about eliminating the law that cruise ships must stop at a foreign port.  I can see wonderful cruises beginning in Boston/New York/Florida ports and cruising up/down to ports on the Eastern coast.  Likewise cruising the Western Coast ports.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

How about eliminating the law that cruise ships must stop at a foreign port.  I can see wonderful cruises beginning in Boston/New York/Florida ports and cruising up/down to ports on the Eastern coast.  Likewise cruising the Western Coast ports.

There are cruises from Bayonne and Manhattan to New England and Canada.There are possibilities of other cruises within the US .

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

There are cruises from Bayonne and Manhattan to New England and Canada.There are possibilities of other cruises within the US .

I'm pretty sure Canada isn't in the United States

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I meant there are cruises going to Canada that stop at US ports .

Correct.  There is also a Federal law which prohibits foreign flagged ships from coast-wide cruising between U.S. ports only. That is why most cruises along the East or West Coasts have at least one Canadian stop.  Only U.S. flagged ships can cruise exclusively between U.S. ports.  The law is called the Passenger Vessel Services Act.  

3 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Correct.  There is also a Federal law which prohibits foreign flagged ships from coast-wide cruising between U.S. ports only. That is why most cruises along the East or West Coasts have at least one Canadian stop.  Only U.S. flagged ships can cruise exclusively between U.S. ports.  The law is called the Passenger Vessel Services Act.  

There are paddlewheel cruises within the US .

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

There are paddlewheel cruises within the US .

Of course but they are not foreign flagged ships.  I personally see the demand to cruise domestically increasing - from river cruises to coastline cruises.  Viking, like another poster pointed out, is spearheading the return of world class river cruising in the US. Don't know how large paddlewheel boats get but don't think they could hold many overnight cabins but again -- necessity is the mother of invention, as the saying goes. 

Sounds like a million dollar idea......I can envision........

WHEW SALE...get 40% off second person on Summer 2020 Appalachian Trail Cruise.  This fabulous cruise embarks in northern Georgia and sails to Bangor Maine.  

Scenic View package.   First guest.  $1,000. Second guest $600.

SHORE EXCURSION.  Scenic walking tour of Appalachian Trail.  Due to popularity, this is the ONLY excursion offered.  Tour duration, about 4 months. Requires comfortable shoes, and other minor items, such as tents, sleeping gear, provisions, insect repellant, sun screen.   PRE CRUISE 40%  SALE for this excursion,  Excursion cost $799 PP.

DRINK PACKAGE.  Enjoy pre cruise 40% discounts on deluxe drink package.  Canteens of fresh water each day.  Canteens not provided, each patron may self serve the refilling of their canteen (water only) at many streams, public restrooms or restaurants along the trail.  $48/day PP.

SPECIALITY DINING PACKAGE. Enjoy 50% off pre cruise specialty dining package.  If you have cell phone service on this excursion, you may call for speciality delivery dining.  Service charges apply.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/28/2020 at 3:08 PM, firefly333 said:

Princess does wine tours along the west coast or used to. I did a cruise to hawaii from LA and they bussed us to enchilido mexico or some name to have  a foreign port. This was on celebrity.

OMG, I can't stop laughing at this.

It's called Ensenada.

🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Sounds like a million dollar idea......I can envision........

WHEW SALE...get 40% off second person on Summer 2020 Appalachian Trail Cruise.  This fabulous cruise embarks in northern Georgia and sails to Bangor Maine.  

Scenic View package.   First guest.  $1,000. Second guest $600.

SHORE EXCURSION.  Scenic walking tour of Appalachian Trail.  Due to popularity, this is the ONLY excursion offered.  Tour duration, about 4 months. Requires comfortable shoes, and other minor items, such as tents, sleeping gear, provisions, insect repellant, sun screen.   PRE CRUISE 40%  SALE for this excursion,  Excursion cost $799 PP.

DRINK PACKAGE.  Enjoy pre cruise 40% discounts on deluxe drink package.  Canteens of fresh water each day.  Canteens not provided, each patron may self serve the refilling of their canteen (water only) at many streams, public restrooms or restaurants along the trail.  $48/day PP.

SPECIALITY DINING PACKAGE. Enjoy 50% off pre cruise specialty dining package.  If you have cell phone service on this excursion, you may call for speciality delivery dining.  Service charges apply.

@Eddie Wilson

I love it!  Sign me up!

• Haha 1

The Sea days between Ohio till you hit Colorado are PAINFUL.  Really wouldn’t recommend it based on that.  Can get really windy and cold in the winter time as well and pretty dreary.   I personally prefer the north to south transcontinental rather than the east to west route, which starts in Glacier and ending up in the Grand Canyon.   Nothing like taking the Oasis into the Grand Canyon.  Rare to see something make the Oasis look small, but the Grand Canyon swallows her whole.

• Like 2

View from deck 12 looking at Port Las Vegas, also the canal ride from airpot to cruise terminal passing port shops.  Top excursion is the gondola picnic lunch.  And the Ports of Call free Buffett in the cruise terminal.  Las Vegas  Mayor says everyone welcome.... And please wear your mask while on outside decks. last picture is solar plant along ocean powering LV cruise terminal. 

.image.png.235b42dd2ab6e788e0c4909b3fc97ae9.pngimage.png.844b669a06700eae35945bdd097125c7.pngimage.png.b704d74e1f63ae3780978e84c68d6b6d.pngimage.png.f1fdb9cae617c21ac67fe816ac9553e7.pngimage.png.79f3a4ba50c3dc76620f1d6a6599b6c7.pngimage.png.524ed4588253e6824180d8b56867a2e8.png

• Haha 1