Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

This is from an email I received from X yesterday:

This is a reminder that "Exclusive Loyalty Exotics Webinar" will begin in 2 Days on:

Thu, Mar 25, 2021 6:00 PM - 7:15 PM EDT

* If multiple members in your household are watching the webinar, please send an email to captainsclubwebinars@celebrity.com with all eligible Captain’s Club ID’s. You may all watch the presentation on one device and you will each be awarded 50 Power Up Points if at least one household member is logged in for the entire presentation.

Edited by C-Dragons

3 hours ago, downsmead said:

I understood that X automatically made up the second person in the cabin / spouse etc to the same level as the other person, hence this does not seem to make any difference.

my understanding is that you are correct if they both are sailing.  If one spouse is below a level on her/his own and goes on a 'girls/guys' cruise without husband/wife, she/he would not be entitled to the higher level.  Hope I am wrong, but that is what someone mentioned to me awhile back.

Edited by shipshape sam

5 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

my understanding is that you are correct if they both are sailing.  If one spouse is below a level on her/his own and goes on a 'girls/guys' cruise without husband/wife, she/he would not be entitled to the higher level.  Hope I am wrong, but that is what someone mentioned to me awhile back.

You said it much more clearly than I did. Thank you!

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Takes me back to the old Memorex commercials:  "Is it live, or is it Memorex?"  [Ella Fitzgerald, RIP]

• Like 1

Watched the webinar, but it kept freezing and without sound about 5 minutes in.

So I left my laptop on and watched on my iPad, but even that lost sound at times.

When it said it was the end, I went back to the Laptop and switched off, but it did say the end, so hopefully it played through from beginning to end.

5 hours ago, upwarduk said:

43 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Watched the webinar, but it kept freezing and without sound about 5 minutes in.

So I left my laptop on and watched on my iPad, but even that lost sound at times.

When it said it was the end, I went back to the Laptop and switched off, but it did say the end, so hopefully it played through from beginning to end.

I guess you've answered your own question. Unless, of course, they do it live again for those of us in North America.

How many more of these must they do before they work out all of the technical bugs? Rhetorical question! 🤷🏼‍♂️

This is my first attempt at a webinar so I have some newbie questions. 

Do I try to connect right at 6:00 or should I be on ahead of that to be sure it is working?

if I lose sound or it freezes as some have mentioned, is there anything I can do or just hope it comes back?

19 minutes ago, bloomcruisers said:

This is my first attempt at a webinar so I have some newbie questions. 

Do I try to connect right at 6:00 or should I be on ahead of that to be sure it is working?

if I lose sound or it freezes as some have mentioned, is there anything I can do or just hope it comes back?

They recommend signing in 5-10 minutes early. I usually aim for 5 minutes or so early, then do something else until it actually starts.

They've had a number of technical issues with past webinars. If you lose sound or it freezes, just be patient.

8 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

They recommend signing in 5-10 minutes early. I usually aim for 5 minutes or so early, then do something else until it actually starts.

They've had a number of technical issues with past webinars. If you lose sound or it freezes, just be patient.

Thanks for the tips

9 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Huh??  Celebrity, IT issues, surely you jest!!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

And don’t call him Shirley....🥁🥁🥁🥁

Many many years ago, in the days of the old fashioned "switchboard", we had a switchboard operator and her standard response, when someone called in to ask for xxxxx, she would say "surely just a minute please and I will transfer you".  We used to prank her and say "I'd like to speak with surely just a minute please, may you transfer me".  Dating myself, I know...

• Like 1

Just now, cruisestitch said:

It’s 5:03. Webinar should’ve started at five. Nothing.  Nada.  

typical screw-up.

You might want to try reconnecting. It started on time and is working fine for me (6p east coast).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

It started on time for us here in SoCal. Video has been frozen for a ahile, but the sound is fine.

Will we actually get the points this time? Who knows?

Me too... then the sound went... and then the picture. Arrrgggh!