Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

We lost video, but had sound the whole time on my computer/email address.  Lost video after about 15 minutes.  Forwarded email  link to DW and she connected with her notebook/email address and her connection worked the remaining time.  Was less than than hour this time.  That was nice.

No luck at all on Chrome or Edge....would freeze or lack audio.  We moved to an iPad which was better but we still had to rejoin several times after it stopped.  We have been working from home for 20 years so have used many different platforms for sessions like this and have a lot of bandwidth via optical service so I don’t understand why we had so much trouble with this session.   Too bad as what we did see and hear was interesting.  With having to rejoin so many times I wonder if we will get the points?

7 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

Our screen froze, but we could still listen to the audio.  Took screen shot of “thank you for attending” at the end.

I took the screen shot at the end too. Will send it if I don’t get the points as the whole event was problematic to say the least.

It seems like the issues some had with this webinar might have been on the end of attendees rather than originating from X. Many had no issues at all, while others had problematic experiences. Ours worked perfectly with no freezing on 2 Samsung tablets on chrome.  Maybe it more a function of the internet provider or the device rather than X this time?

4 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

It seems like the issues some had with this webinar might have been on the end of attendees rather than originating from X. Many had no issues at all, while others had problematic experiences. Ours worked perfectly with no freezing on 2 Samsung tablets on chrome.  Maybe it more a function of the internet provider or the device rather than X this time?

I tend to agree with this.  I had no issues on Chrome on laptop aside from the Asia presenter audio was a bit of on timing but was no big deal.  If the session worked for some then the session itself worked and it would be hard to say that it did something on the back end of their platform better for some than others.  That said, the issue connections could have been related to where geographically they were streaming from and the path somewhere along the way the there.

Sorry for those who had issues.  It was a pretty good session though I was hoping for more/better visual of the locations so for me it didn't live up to my high hopes on this one but they did a good job with the flow and timing of it all and it was well organized and it didn't feel like anyone was yelling in a tin can 😉 

2 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

But if there are problems being attributed variously to the devices used, the operating systems, browsers, etc., the platform they are using to stream the webinars probably isn't up to the task. When Celebrity suggests using a desktop or laptop, shutting down all other apps, not letting others in the household use YouTube or other streaming apps, you know that their platform is somewhat suspect. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

But if there are problems being attributed variously to the devices used, the operating systems, browsers, etc., the platform they are using to stream the webinars probably isn't up to the task. When Celebrity suggests using a desktop or laptop, shutting down all other apps, not letting others in the household use YouTube or other streaming apps, you know that their platform is somewhat suspect. 

Exactly. It is the platform they are using that is not up to the task. 

20 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

We used two tablets on the same WIFI network simultaneously.  Also I was watching baseball on my phone. We didn't use a computer at all, nor did we use headphones.  I muted one tablet, listened on the other. Everything worked seamlessly. I guess we were fortunate!  Anyway, as long as we actually receive the PUPs we'll be content. Sorry others had issues, but hopefully everyone will receive their points. That's the only reason most of us watch anyway. The webinars are just hour-long commercials to be endured for the point reward. 

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

We used two tablets on the same WIFI network simultaneously.  Also I was watching baseball on my phone. We didn't use a computer at all, nor did we use headphones.  I muted one tablet, listened on the other. Everything worked seamlessly. I guess we were fortunate!  Anyway, as long as we actually receive the PUPs we'll be content. Sorry others had issues, but hopefully everyone will receive their points. That's the only reason most of us watch anyway. The webinars are just hour-long commercials to be endured for the point reward. 

I don't really care if i receive the points and don't even check them because I am Elite Plus and the number of points I would need to reach Zenith are two times more than I have accumulated since I started sailing Celebrity in 1996. 

26 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

We too often have multiple devices streaming simultaneously. Perhaps I'm streaming a Netflix movie on the TV while streaming a hockey game on my MacBook while my DW is streaming a series from Amazon Prime on her iPad. Never a hiccup. But for this webinar, DW wasn't on any device, the TV was off and yet there were multiple times when I had issues. Sometimes fixed by refreshing, other times by going back to the email and rehitting the join button. Oh well, perhaps they'll keep working on the technical aspects of the webinars.

50 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I don't really care if i receive the points and don't even check them because I am Elite Plus and the number of points I would need to reach Zenith are two times more than I have accumulated since I started sailing Celebrity in 1996. 

We are in the same boat, so to speak, so I decided I have participated in my last PUP webinar (unless they give me real CC points at 1:1).

Good luck everyone, I'm outta here!

• Haha 1

On 6/10/2020 at 4:42 PM, TeaBag said:

When you find out, please tell me.  The only emails I get from them are "complete your booking" when I check prices on a sailing I'm already booked on.

I found the sign up on the Celebrity site.

Searched for Power Up points

5 hours ago, Bertram4me said:

We are in the same boat, so to speak, so I decided I have participated in my last PUP webinar (unless they give me real CC points at 1:1).

Good luck everyone, I'm outta here!

But if you continued to participate, you'd get one millipede step closer to the next level! 🤣

I missed the invite for the Exotics webinar but got a CC newsletter today with a sign-up link to watch it before Apr 4.  I completed the registration and followed the link to watch it.  But when I go there, I get the screen where the webinar would be displayed (with a patterned grey background), but nothing plays.  I have been able to view previous webinars, but watched (suffered?) those in real time.  Anyone else having a similar problem or suggested solution?  Thanks.

28 minutes ago, jc719 said:

I missed the invite for the Exotics webinar but got a CC newsletter today with a sign-up link to watch it before Apr 4.  I completed the registration and followed the link to watch it.  But when I go there, I get the screen where the webinar would be displayed (with a patterned grey background), but nothing plays.  I have been able to view previous webinars, but watched (suffered?) those in real time.  Anyone else having a similar problem or suggested solution?  Thanks.

Never mind. Local problem with my router.  Fixed.  All's well.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jc719 said:

I posted about this (post #2350) when I was unable to register for the webinar and emailed the Captain's Club.  They wrote back saying the March newsletter would have info on viewing and earning the points.   

I got the newsletter, registered and am playing it using my desktop computer without problem using a separate browser tab in a separate window.   I am using my table to run it for my husband.  No problem there either.

19 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I have been lucky, no problem with any of the webinars.  I was on my laptop with 3 other apps running.  DH had to work so he was online filing tax returns and never a hiccup.

Lucky you!  A hiccup would have caused far more important problems than losing a few CC points!