Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

One of the great things about Cruise Critic is all the members who have great knowledge, either because they have sailed a lot or they have inside information.  One of the not-great things about Cruise Critic is all the members who think they know more than they do.  And the worst thing is that sometimes it's the same people, and most times it's hard to tell which is which.  So I take any predictions of how cruising will be when it resumes with a large shaker of salt...

I have complete faith in all of the experts on CC.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, TeaBag said:

As always, thanks to everyone who posts the links, for those of us who never receive the invite mails.

• Like 1

The e-mail I received (I assume we all got the same one) noted that the Webinar would be available later to review and still get the PUPs, link to be provided in the March CC newsletter. I'd prefer that route, assuming it all works.

However, the latest infusion of CC points from PUPs put me (and my wife) at 301 CC points, reaching the CC Elite tier. While there is some debate as to the value of that tier on these boards, this has at least given me some sort of goal and progress-related activity to tide me over during an extended period of having to entertain myself in lockdown. It was worth reaching Elite just for that reason.

Of course, now I have no goal.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Well, we deserve some compensation, as we were never invited to the Alaska Webinar, so are at least 50 PUP points down.

At first I thought this had been for UK members to make up for the missing opportunity for 50 PUP for the Alaska one we were never able to do. Seems not. I have an email from Captain's Club UK stating:

Unfortunately the decision to postpone the Alaska activity was taken and will be shared with all UK and Ireland members at a later date. 

I am sorry for any continued disappointment that you are experiencing as a result of this decision, but please be assured, when the time is right, the Alaska activity will be shared with you.  I cannot provide the link to you at this time.

I am not sure we will ever catch up. Another 50 PUP would get me to the next tier level. I would have liked that, even though many feel it is not worth it now. But it is great to get a chance to earn a few points as it is the only way to do so until sailing starts again.  

Their timing on the Alaska webinar was unfortunate, since right after revving up everybody's desire to visit Alaska the Canadian border decision shut down any hope for this season.  So I can see why they wouldn't bother putting the webinar on their website at this time.  When you see it announced, that will be a sign that Alaska cruises are back!

I would love to earn points by sailing, but I have been cancelled again.  My September 2021 Pacific Coastal on Millennium was just canceled by Celebrity today.  I have lost track on how many of my Celebrity cruises have been cancelled in the last 12 months.  

9 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I My September 2021 Pacific Coastal on Millennium was just canceled by Celebrity today.  

I'm sorry to hear that, and surprised.  I just received an email from Lisa Lutoff-Perlo announcing a return to cruising (at least in the Caribbean) beginning in June this year.

13 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I would love to earn points by sailing, but I have been cancelled again.  My September 2021 Pacific Coastal on Millennium was just canceled by Celebrity today.  I have lost track on how many of my Celebrity cruises have been cancelled in the last 12 months.  

An email from LLP received today said that starting in June the Millenium would be home porting in St. Maarten for 7 day Caribbean cruises.

19 minutes ago, bloomcruisers said:

I have never done a webinar. I signed up for this one but when I went to put it on my calendar, realized I will be traveling at that time. Can you do the webinars on an iPhone? If yes, do I have to download any app to do it?

Yes and Yes (Free Webinar App)

23 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

It seems that your cruise was cancelled due to moving the Millennium to Saint Marten.

39 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

It looks like all the Pacific Coastals have been canceled 

Yes. They have re-deployed Milenium to home port in St. Maarten. It looks like from the LLP's email that X is resuming sailing from ports outside of the US. Milenium Caribbean 7 day itinerary's now seem to include airfare.

On another note, I emailed X about our missing PUPs from one of the February activities last Saturday (3/13} with  our names, screenshots proving we did the activity, our Captains Club numbers and email addresses. In the past when this has happened I got an email back in a couple of days confirming their receipt of email, then another one saying the points would be applied by the 14th of the following month. This time I got no response except for a customer service survey, so today I called Captains Club to make sure they got it. I spoke with a very nice man who confirmed that indeed, they'd received it but that for some unknown reason no one had acted on it. So glad I called! He confirmed that everything seemed to be in order and he was forwarding it to get the points awarded and he'd get back to me in a couple of weeks to confirm everything. If nothing else it gave me something to do this afternoon!  We also just completed the last "tell us about our crew" activity (screenshots as always just in case!) Next up...webinar on Thursday. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Yep, just requested a cash refund for our 10 night 9 September 2021 Millennium Canada/Pacific Coastal cruise.  Bummer! 

Bummer for sure but I bet you were not surprised

• Like 1

I have been enjoying the chance to get extra CC points with these PUP activities. I am not going to move up a tier soon due to these, but I expect to move up a few sailings sooner than I would have without PUP's.

I have seen several comments that status is no longer worth anything, worth less, or indicative that Celebrity no longer cares about our loyalty. I cannot claim with certainty that this is not true, but Celebrity has said multiple times that they are not done with updates to the CC program. During one of the webinars it was said that more changes are coming. On the CC web page that describes the benefits, they say "As more and more members start to sail with our Always Included package and have drinks included in their ticket, we’ll be introducing new events and benefits so stay tuned," and "The full list of member events available for your sailing will be provided onboard. More events for all ships are underway, so be sure to stay tuned for updates."

It makes some sense that while people are sailing with their older, original CC benefits per their original bookings, Celebrity would not want to provide further benefits under a new program. So they may be working to cycle these members through before expanding their offerings, preventing something akin to "double dipping." Unfortunately, some of us will be caught in the middle. Many have posted that Celebrity needs to refill the coffers. In the meantime, some of these PUP activities keep me wanting to get on a ship.

With Millennium currently anchored in San Diego Bay, where I catch sight of her on harbor cruises, I for one look forward to more Celebrity fun. 

• Like 4

Email from Celebrity, reminder for the Webinar, which I found useful:

” * If multiple members in your household are watching the webinar, please send an email to captainsclubwebinars@celebrity.com with all eligible Captain’s Club ID’s. You may all watch the presentation on one device and you will each be awarded 50 Power Up Points if at least one household member is logged in for the entire presentation.”

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Email from Celebrity, reminder for the Webinar, which I found useful:

” * If multiple members in your household are watching the webinar, please send an email to captainsclubwebinars@celebrity.com with all eligible Captain’s Club ID’s. You may all watch the presentation on one device and you will each be awarded 50 Power Up Points if at leas

I understood that X automatically made up the second person in the cabin / spouse etc to the same level as the other person, hence this does not seem to make any difference.

1 hour ago, downsmead said:

I understood that X automatically made up the second person in the cabin / spouse etc to the same level as the other person, hence this does not seem to make any difference.

Yes if the one consistent person lives at your same address

1 hour ago, downsmead said:

They do, but unless both do the activity the points only go to the person who does them. A linked account will show the same number of points on the website, but the person who did not participate will have less points if they were to sail solo or without the person who did them. (No, I couldn't make that answer more complicated!)

Based on how X botches awarding the points, I'm not sending an email. DH and I will both log in on separate devices with our dedicated links and mute one. I don't feel like spending hours on the phone over another 5 points.

NOTICE for anyone who was not able to register and about "2-player mode":

We were not able to register for the webinar before it filled up.  We both did get the email, but since it came on the heels of the PUP survey email, I didn't scroll down to see the PUP webinar listed, and we both discarded the email.  So, by the time I saw the posts here, too late.

I wrote Celebrity asking if there would be a vide recording and a way to earn PUPs.  Also asked if we both had to do it.   Just received the reply:

" Be sure to look for a recording of the webinar in our March Captain’s Club newsletter. You’ll earn 50 Power Up Points for watching.

In regards to watching together, the point system is specific to each person's email address. This is how the points are applied to each Captain's Club number. Each individual must respond to the webinar to attain the points."