Royal goes the 120 day line for refunds

At day 94 , waiting for a final refund of one of my Royal cancelled cruises, my TA called the zillionth time and guess what: Stop.

Do you want to hear the good news or the bad news first?

Alright the good news is : the representative immediately apologized.,

The bad news is: I am today in my 94th day of nirvana waiting for my refund. First they promised expect your refund in 30 days, than 60 days, than 90 days . The representative now said wait for another 30 days (which sums it up to 120 days refund waiting). 

My greatest concern is, that in 30 days from today, the next rep will not immediately apologize  when extending to 150 days.....

• Thanks 1

On June 2nd I received an email from RCCL that my cruise (Serenade Aug 23/20) was cancelled. On June 10,  I submitted a  request online for a refund not FCC.

The full refund was credited to my visa on June 17/20.  I was surprised it was so fast since there are so many others who have been waiting months.  My cruise had been paid in full since last August 2019 and I had booked it online.

Hopefully everyone will get their refunds soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

My parents have only gotten a partial refund for their mid April Serenade cruise for some reason. 

ours was short too, TA found out it was the commission. Since RCI hadn't paid the TA the commission, I had to wait another 2 weeks for that to post to the credit card too. If RCI had paid the TA, she would have issued me a check. 

1 hour ago, wolfcathorse said:

ours was short too, TA found out it was the commission. Since RCI hadn't paid the TA the commission, I had to wait another 2 weeks for that to post to the credit card too. If RCI had paid the TA, she would have issued me a check. 

If a TA's commission is 1400 bucks than I'm in the wrong field lol

• Haha 1

I continue to wonder if there is rhyme or reason why some refunds are taking this long. 

I have had 5 cruises cancelled and received fcc's and cash refunds  as well as all cruise planner purchases in 2 to 3 weeks for all except for my most recent one to bermuda for October that was cancelled this week.    I have not yet decided what we are going to do L&S or refund.

I am very happy all of mine have processed in that short of time and would love to know why others are still waiting over 90 days for their refunds.   

• Like 1

We are also past 90 days on our March 7 cruise. I’m tired of calling TA, and calling RC is useless as they won’t talk to me. Maybe it’s time to put crystal blocks on eBay, I might get a faster refund on them. 

2 minutes ago, djjoe said:

We are also past 90 days on our March 7 cruise. I’m tired of calling TA, and calling RC is useless as they won’t talk to me. Maybe it’s time to put crystal blocks on eBay, I might get a faster refund on them. 

I'm Looking for Legend and Monarch😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I continue to wonder if there is rhyme or reason why some refunds are taking this long. 

I have had 5 cruises cancelled and received fcc's and cash refunds  as well as all cruise planner purchases in 2 to 3 weeks for all except for my most recent one to bermuda for October that was cancelled this week.    I have not yet decided what we are going to do L&S or refund.

I am very happy all of mine have processed in that short of time and would love to know why others are still waiting over 90 days for their refunds.   

Your last name starts with an "A" and they start at the beginning list every day 😉

• Like 1

I'm on day 90 so I called my TA....only to be told that we would have to wait until 90 days from July 22!!!! I was told that the TA didn't send the paperwork to RC until April 8 which RC processed it on April 22 for our May 10 cruise that was cancelled by RC and on March 27 I told our TA to put in for a full refund.

Needless to say that I am VERY upset with our TA because they didn't send our request to RC on MARCH 27:( They had no explanation...just an "I'm sorry." 

Should I try and call our credit card company which the amount has long been paid off?

23 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You should have started calling RCI directly by day 60 - skip the TA, RCI may talk to you directly about a refund.

I spoke to D+ C&A 2 days before balance due for our June 7th Allure cruise and took FCC on CWC for deposit as Royal hadn't cancelled our cruise then.

With P&O( Carnival) I escalated our refund on 59 days with P&O and got our refund on day 66 for our March 20 cruise.

Our so called award winning TA was useless and out of the loop with P&O.

Several posters on P&O UK have now waited over 100 days for refunds which UK law states should be within 14 days.

• Like 1

I have posted this before but I believe it bears repeating. Have had 3 cancellations. Waited 60 days for the first then call AMEX, explained the situation, provided them a copy of the email stating refund was due. Within minutes I had a temporary credit on my statement. Within 48 hours AMEX had confirmed with RCI that my email was legit and the credit was made permanent. The second 2 I waited 2 weeks and took same route. I have 100% of my money back. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Your last name starts with an "A" and they start at the beginning list every day 😉

If that is the case good thing I am glad I used my married name instead of my maiden name that starts with a "R"

Edited by Sunshine3601

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Take the latter.

Yeah that's what my DH said too!    We already have 6 Fcc's to use and already have 4 future cruises booked for December thru March 2021.    Figure we can rebook bermuda for whenever as we have been there several times over the years. 

We have had March,May,June,July,August & September cruises cancelled this year.  We have received all but the August refunds (August cruise cancelled this week).  May, June,July & September came within 30 days of cancellation, March was more like 45-50 days.

It sometimes works.  (Could be because our name begins with a B 💡.

18 hours ago, dodgestang said:

My last name begins with “Z” - no wonder my refund took 90 days, lol!  I’m just relieved I finally got it. 

On 6/25/2020 at 7:19 PM, John&LaLa said:

I'm Looking for Legend and Monarch😁

I am selling you my Legend for 1500$. Thats the amount on day 95, and counting, that the desperate company owes me.

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2020 at 3:22 AM, Kbonner said:

At day 94 , waiting for a final refund of one of my Royal cancelled cruises, my TA called the zillionth time and guess what: Stop.

Do you want to hear the good news or the bad news first?

Alright the good news is : the representative immediately apologized.,

The bad news is: I am today in my 94th day of nirvana waiting for my refund. First they promised expect your refund in 30 days, than 60 days, than 90 days . The representative now said wait for another 30 days (which sums it up to 120 days refund waiting). 

My greatest concern is, that in 30 days from today, the next rep will not immediately apologize  when extending to 150 days.....

And I can't seem to stop Royal from sending me money that I didn't ask for.