NCL cancelled thru October who's next?

9 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Princess first thru mid December now NCL thru October= who's next?

https://www.ncl.com/suspended-sailings

Of course Royal

Wish I had a crystal ball to know when cruising, or every day life for that matter, will go back to some sort of normalcy. I get more pessimistic every day. 

M

• Like 3

I suspect rcl will wait till after the 90 day final payment date for october cruises.  I think The only cruises cancelled prior to that 90 day date were due to ports or countries saying no cruises allowed.  I.e. our october bermuda cruise was cancelled in june because bermuda said no cruises ships allowed for this years sailings.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Of course Royal

Wish I had a crystal ball to know when cruising, or every day life for that matter, will go back to some sort of normalcy. I get more pessimistic every day. 

M

For both I would say spring 2021 at the earliest...... 

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I suspect rcl will wait till after the 90 day final payment date for october cruises.  I think The only cruises cancelled prior to that 90 day date were due to ports or countries saying no cruises allowed.  I.e. our october bermuda cruise was cancelled in june because bermuda said no cruises ships allowed for this years sailings.

That would be Friday I guess

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Princess first thru mid December now NCL thru October= who's next?

https://www.ncl.com/suspended-sailings

Hopefully the ones I have decided to take refunds for instead of FCCs.  A tiny bit of me wants them to hold out for another month in hope of changes that allow cruising, but the other bits know better.  Let’s just get it over with and start the refund process now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

Rumor posted on an MSC FB group that tomorrow the CDC is announcing a No Sail through October 31. Just a rumor, but I would not be surprised if the CDC keeps extending the No Sail order 4-6 weeks at a time. 

Hope you are right, sad to say but I am hoping my October cruise gets cancelled

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

And my final payment was due Monday. Took the FCC. Would have rather refund. 

SMH

M8

My final for Allure TA is due Monday 8/3. Guess I’ll wait a couple days and see what happens. 

Mac_tlc

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Rumor posted on an MSC FB group that tomorrow the CDC is announcing a No Sail through October 31. Just a rumor, but I would not be surprised if the CDC keeps extending the No Sail order 4-6 weeks at a time. 

Perhaps the cruise lines should do a guinea pig charter cruise for the CDC, show them how they worked it out and bring them back COVID free, in order for the CDC to experience it first hand and give a green signal. I think they are waiting for that free cruise! LOL!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

Perhaps the cruise lines should do a guinea pig charter cruise for the CDC, show them how they worked it out and bring them back COVID free, in order for the CDC to experience it first hand and give a green signal. I think they are waiting for that free cruise! LOL!

Well MSC Europe is calling back crew for the MSC Grandiosa, which is currently headed to Genoa. It will be interesting to see how cruising goes, if MSC sails out of Italy. That is not a rumor, a FB Post from a MSC crew member we became friends with, originally on the Divina. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Well MSC Europe is calling back crew for the MSC Grandiosa, which is currently headed to Genoa. It will be interesting to see how cruising goes, if MSC sails out of Italy. That is not a rumor, a FB Post from a MSC crew member we became friends with, originally on the Divina. 

Interesting to see if they do sail.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

I don’t see any reason for the cancellations to stop. We have cruises booked for June 2021 and sept 2021 and I’m trying to stay optimistic about those but I don’t see what will change in that time frame 😏

June and September 2021 seem to be realistic so far, especially out of Europe 🙂

22 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

The CDC will extend the no sail order as long as the situation in North America is not under control. Even if for some reason they wouldn't non of the major cruise lines will dare to start operations before the COIVD situation is under control in the US, hence if things go well not before some point in Q1 2021 earliest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

My final for Allure TA is due Monday 8/3. Guess I’ll wait a couple days and see what happens. 

Mac_tlc

The final sunset Allure saw with passengers.

March 12, 2020

IMG_20200312_111716_669.thumb.jpg.bccf08ddbab178e06ffaa1c386782cf8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

I don’t see any reason for the cancellations to stop. We have cruises booked for June 2021 and sept 2021 and I’m trying to stay optimistic about those but I don’t see what will change in that time frame 😏

Cancellations will stop if the infection rates go down, a vaccine is successfully released or treatments continue to lessen the severity of the illness.