Nothing until March?

bouhunter

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Normally I would say me. I think winter cold is the perfect time to cruise.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Allowing 20,000 fans into the Super Bowl is crazy!  There are many areas between arriving at the stadium and your seat that social distancing just isn't possible.  Even outside in your seat, that is just too many people.

We are booked on Quantum which has a double occupancy capacity of 4,180 passengers plus 1,500 crew.  At 50% occupancy, we are still talking over 2,000 passengers and 1,500 crew.  I have been trying to convince myself that they will be able to make people social distance and that we will avoid the MDR and WJ 100% of the time and eat only in Coastal Kitchen or have room service, but boarding, shows and disembarking still are going to be issues.  We have no issues just finding a quiet spot on deck or hibernating on our balcony and watch Alaska go by but getting to Seattle, flying, staying in a hotel, and the whole process of cruising might just be too much exposure for us at this point.  I am happy that it is Quantum that is going to be starting first and all the new procedures will be old hat to the crew by the time the ship gets to Alaska.

Time will tell...

The Super Bowl is three months away so anything, positive and negative, can happen. I notice that you didn’t address the time spent with people difference between the two events plus the difference in fresh air environment vs mechanical ventilation. Based on my understanding of how the virus is spread this makes it a no brainer.
3,500 people confide in a enclosed cruise ship, in this environment is scarey.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

The Super Bowl is three months away so anything, positive and negative, can happen. I notice that you didn’t address the time spent with people difference between the two events plus the difference in fresh air environment vs mechanical ventilation. Based on my understanding of how the virus is spread this makes it a no brainer.
3,500 people confide in a enclosed cruise ship, in this environment is scarey.

What would you like me to address?  I identified areas in both that I feel will be issues.

I also mentioned staying outdoors on the ship and avoiding certain areas.  I have read the air exchange information that is posted on the Singapore website and also shared it with the engineers in my house that work in clean rooms on a daily basis.  They were impressed with how many times an hour the air is exchanged.

I have posted two long posts, what else would you like to talk about?  I think having the super bowl is crazy and I am not sure about whether cruising is a good idea either.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I still think that the short sailings won’t last for very long...a month or two and then they will start gradually adding 7 day sailings.  They have enough ships that are already doing short sailings that they just utilize those.  It’s not as if they need or want to have 10 shops all sailing sort sailings.  They start off slow then add to it.  Asia was a whole different ballgame with only one ship.

From an article here on CC

As alluded to before, Fain confirmed that the first sailings back would be test cruises carrying employees for the purposes of testing the company's new health and safety protocols.

These would then be followed by shorter voyages, likely to Royal Caribbean's Perfect Day at CocoCay private island in the Bahamas. Fain noted that short sailings in drive-up markets would be the norm well into spring 2021.

8 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

We go out to eat every weekend. Every restaurant has been filled to their limit for the past few months with some have long wait times. A mask is only needed when walking through the restaurant. Our daughter is a nurse, in Chicago, working with Covid patients and has been told to stay in a bubble. Her and her co workers have taken every advantage to dine out since things have reopened but now have started scrambling to get reservations before the city closes down on Friday.

So your daughter works with COVID patients, was told to stay in bubble and goes out to eat as much as possible?  Isn’t that how it spreads?

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Allowing 20,000 fans into the Super Bowl is crazy!  There are many areas between arriving at the stadium and your seat that social distancing just isn't possible.  Even outside in your seat, that is just too many people.“

There have been multiple college football games this fall with 20,000-25,000 fans at the stadiums. I have not seen any reports of any major issues being reported so far.

Our city released a report today that 61% of cases in the last month were traced to a persons workplace or home.

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news/majority-of-new-covid-19-cases-in-nashville-contracted-at-home-workplace/

That tells me we need to stay away from home and work and go on vacation 😊

Edited by JT1962
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

There have been multiple college football games this fall with 20,000-25,000 fans at the stadiums. I have not seen any reports of any major issues being reported so far.

Our city released a report today that 61% of cases in the last month were traced to a persons workplace or home.

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news/majority-of-new-covid-19-cases-in-nashville-contracted-at-home-workplace/

That tells me we need to stay away from home and work and go on vacation 😊

Most have been traced to households in MA with long term facilities second.  All youth hockey has been cancelled statewide due to over 30 clusters and the teams refusing to cooperate with contact tracing.  We don't allow groups at stadiums at this point and a lot of communities have rolled back a step due to increasing positivity.  

https://www.wcvb.com/article/5-investigates-new-data-shows-households-at-center-of-most-covid-19-clusters/34524107

28 minutes ago, molly361 said:

As alluded to before, Fain confirmed that the first sailings back would be test cruises carrying employees for the purposes of testing the company's new health and safety protocols.

These would then be followed by shorter voyages, likely to Royal Caribbean's Perfect Day at CocoCay private island in the Bahamas. Fain noted that short sailings in drive-up markets would be the norm well into spring 2021.

Yes however they have never stated what defines short cruises.  Even their own healthy sail panel defined short cruises as 10 days or less.  Now, if they don’t start sailing until late Feb or early March then the 3/4 day cruises until spring make perfect sense.  If somehow  they start the short cruises in a December the I see them starting a few of the 7 day itineraries Late January or early February.  

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Someone had posted on another site a couple of days ago that there TA had been contacted for shakedown cruises on Navigator.  No one else said they had heard of people getting contacted so not sure it is true.

1 hour ago, Seville2Cabo said:

So your daughter works with COVID patients, was told to stay in bubble and goes out to eat as much as possible?  Isn’t that how it spreads?

Her bubble is all of the nurses that she works with, no one outside of work. They are tested every week and always eat out on the patios. 

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes however they have never stated what defines short cruises.  Even their own healthy sail panel defined short cruises as 10 days or less.  Now, if they don’t start sailing until late Feb or early March then the 3/4 day cruises until spring make perfect sense.  If somehow  they start the short cruises in a December the I see them starting a few of the 7 day itineraries Late January or early February.  

Enjoy your 10 day cruise with 8 stops at Coco cay😇

Edited by molly361
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Someone had posted on another site a couple of days ago that there TA had been contacted for shakedown cruises on Navigator.  No one else said they had heard of people getting contacted so not sure it is true.

I saw that as well and also thought it odd that there was only 1 report of someone allegedly being invited  Not really buying it either

• Like 1

14 hours ago, molly361 said:

My personal feeling is that ALL initial cruises when they start up will be strictly to private islands. The 3/4 night cruises would be 2-3 days At Sea and 1 day at CocoCay. 7 night cruises would be 4 days At Sea, 1 day at CocoCay and 1 day at Labadee, maybe with a chance at some other port that is open...Cozumel? But, I suspect this is how RCL will be cruising initially. 

Hello,

The ex-UK sailing season is May to October (generally - excluding the 3 night Odyssey in 2021).  I think, or RCI's pricing algorithm thinks, ex-UK sailing will not resume until June 2021. I say this because the cost of May cruises is stable (ie cheap) compared to November 19 - February 20 when I made the bookings. However the current prices of June to October have been going up and up as the year progresses and the final cruise in October, before the TA, is now double what I'm paying so probably a dead cert for sailing.

There, that's just my opinion based on current prices.

Regards,

Cublet

On 10/30/2020 at 5:56 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

You would think so but didn’t the one in Sept came out well after 5pm?  I’m not sure regular office hours matter. 

Ken, they time this stuff here for the media and/or stock market effect.  Has nothing to do with what makes sense.  Especially when cancelling the ban reduces their power and they knew that they were not going to be allowed to extend it weeks ago.  Although CDC is officially in Atlanta they are part of the DC mob, and DC cares only about power over the rest of us.  Same thing as Ottawa and Toronto.

• Thanks 1