When was your last cruise?

Domino D

18 minutes ago, Bloodgem said:

B2B Explorer October 2019; 7 Night Dutch & French Adventure and 11 Night Sunshine In The Canaries Cruise (the cruise that became a 14 night cruise due to bad weather)

FB has just been reminding me with pics from last year’s Canaries...

Last cruise for me was 2 weeks in Dubai on Jewel in Jan/Feb this year. At least I got 2 cruises in this year ( and 6 cancelled)

Edited by little britain

My last cruise was a quick 4 night on Brilliance out of Tampa Jan 30 - Feb 3, 2020. It was a mother son cruise with my youngest (11 at the time) to visit Mexico for a field trip while we studied Mayan history for homeschool. We had an amazing time but could see the beginnings of the mess that followed. When we checked in for that cruise they asked questions about recent travel to China. We actually spent a day at EPCOT the day after we disembarked and saw a handful of people wearing masks. Since then we’ve had 3 cancelled cruises and I doubt our next several will sail as planned after reading the new regulations to restart cruises. 

9 hours ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

This was our last cruise before Covid as well. There was talk here and there on the ship about a "virus" but nothing serious at that time. Since then, we have had 4 cancelled cruises and 2 more that i am 100% sure are going to be cancelled (Jan '21 & Feb '21). Next hope is July '21 on Liberty.

I remember on March 8 hoping I could just get off the ship and fly home safely.  We've had 15 cancelled so far!!

Last cruise was Nov 2019 on Symphony.  First time in a CLS and we are hooked.  We typically only cruise once or twice a year so our withdrawal symptoms are not too bad yet.  We had a 3 week Italy trip with a 9 day Greek Isles cruise in the middle planned for September.  This was our first big retirement trip...obviously cancelled.  That hurt, but if it's the worst thing that we will experience related to COVID, we're doing OK.

21 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear that you caught Covid19 Pat.

Did Bucky catch it too?.

I hope you and your sister are fully recovered now and have acquired an Immunity to covid19.

Bucky did not have much symptoms...just a light cold at the most.  I was pretty sick, but got lucky as it did not go into my chest or need to go to the hospital.  Caught it so early, there was really not a lot of info on it and the country had not shut down much yet.  

Yes, fully recovered...and hopes of some degree of immunity will help me.  Still be very careful though.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow!   Your Sister was a Super Spreader.    You should get a T-Shirt for the upcoming holidays!    Sorry bad tease.    Thank god both of you are okay and hopefully no adverse side effects. 

Thanks!  Was doomed to catch it from her, hugs and kisses when I saw her as she came on board, then shared a couple of interesting tropical drinks.  Doomed big time.  😞 

Ironically, she is a doctor...of infectious diseases...but since Covid was not rampant in the U.S (yet)....she was not looking for that, figuring it was just a cold.  She catches colds, etc. from her patients...even as careful as she is.  Was not until later, when she added up both of our symptoms of the weird cold that she 

put it together.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Last cruise was Nov 2019 on Symphony.  First time in a CLS and we are hooked.  We typically only cruise once or twice a year so our withdrawal symptoms are not too bad yet.  We had a 3 week Italy trip with a 9 day Greek Isles cruise in the middle planned for September.  This was our first big retirement trip...obviously cancelled.  That hurt, but if it's the worst thing that we will experience related to COVID, we're doing OK.

This is kind of where were at.  We take one or two a year, and cruised in Feb.  So we are not feeling true withdraw, but we have to go all the way to next Nov.  (unless things change drastically).   Sorry to hear about your retirement trip, that sucks to lose one that special.  In the end, like you, I feel over all pretty lucky.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  Was doomed to catch it from her, hugs and kisses when I saw her as she came on board, then shared a couple of interesting tropical drinks.  Doomed big time.  😞 

Ironically, she is a doctor...of infectious diseases...but since Covid was not rampant in the U.S (yet)....she was not looking for that, figuring it was just a cold.  She catches colds, etc. from her patients...even as careful as she is.  Was not until later, when she added up both of our symptoms of the weird cold that she 

put it together.  

My family thinks I am not overly affectionate or sentimental, but I am only being cautious.  😉  Hug Free since 2/2020

Edited by Domino D
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Domino D said:

My family thinks I am not overly affectionate or sentimental, but I am only being cautious.  😉  Hug Free since 2/2020

Probably a sister's thing...but yeah...I have stopped the hugs, handshakes, and standing close to anyone since March as well.  Get annoyed when a stranger, neighbors, etc. stands too close to me...."my space" took on whole new meaning.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Bucky did not have much symptoms...just a light cold at the most.  I was pretty sick, but got lucky as it did not go into my chest or need to go to the hospital.  Caught it so early, there was really not a lot of info on it and the country had not shut down much yet.  

Yes, fully recovered...and hopes of some degree of immunity will help me.  Still be very careful though.  

I'm happy you are both fully recovered.

Hopefully you have a degree of immunity and can get back on a ship soon.

Stay safe.

• Like 1

Feb. 28, 2020 on the Mariner.  We debated sailing on that due to COVID but figured that would be our last cruise opportunity for awhile.  Little did we know that awhile meant at least 10 months.  Nine cancellations thus far, but we have seven cruises in the books for January to September next year.  Hope some of them sail.  

I'm so happy that we were able to cruise with my son, grandson, and great grandson in February. We were on Carnival Elation and then spend several days post cruise in Orlando.

We probably won't ever be able to take a cruise together again and  we were lucky to have pulled this one off.

My last cruise was February 24, 2020 - March 1, 2020 on the Carnival Ecstasy out of Jacksonville to the Bahamas. There was a Covid scare getting off the cruise but it turned out the crew member tested negative. My last Royal cruise was October 2019 on the Serenade of the Seas out of Boston to Bermuda. I don't have any cruises booked and don't know if or when I'll get to cruise again. I really miss it. It has been a stressful year and I could use some time away from everyday life.

5 hours ago, island lady said:

put it together.  

Did your Sister travel with any magical medications as infectious disease Dr?     Did you ever hear if anyone else on that sailing had gotten sick?    Thankful you are both alright 🙂

February 2020, Majesty out of NOLA and right before Mardi Gras. It was around the 3rd day, when we started hearing news about Diamond Princess under quarantine in Japan. The virus seemed so far away then! :classic_huh:

Then when we came home we watched all the drama with the Grand Princess, and watched live on the local news channel, when they finally disembarked the passengers at the Port of Oakland and bused them to military bases and flights. And by that time it was already spreading in the community. 

Edited by Coralc