Did I Miss An Announcement?

Thrak

20 hours ago, Thrak said:

Did I miss something important? Today CC looks different and some things are in different places. I didn't see an announcement about changes but, then again, I've been "busy" the last couple of days. Is it only me or are things suddenly different?

I don't like it.  The bright white background is annoying.  And the default font size is too small.  Bumping it up one notch makes everything more spread out and takes up a whole page in width.

Two new features I noticed (at least when using on a PC)

a) There is a line marked "Unread replies" to make it easier to find the first post you have not seen yet.

b) When quoting a long post, instead of showing the entire long post, it shows part of it with an option to show the rest.

Just now, caribill said:

Two new features I noticed (at least when using on a PC)

a) There is a line marked "Unread replies" to make it easier to find the first post you have not seen yet.

b) When quoting a long post, instead of showing the entire long post, it shows part of it with an option to show the rest.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

I love the b) change .  Too many people like to quote on somebody’s long exhausting posts (my biggest pet peeve).  Now I don’t have to suffer through these long posts as they get shortened

PS - if you want to comment on something specific about someone’s long post, do us all a favor and spend a little time to delete content of the long post to only the part you are responding to .  It’s a little extra work but helps us all (just like I did above )

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

PS - if you want to comment on something specific about someone’s long post, do us all a favor and spend a little time to delete content of the long post to only the part you are responding to .  It’s a little extra work but helps us all (just like I did above )

I agree with that.  Nothing worse than everyone copying all the photos from a post and then reposting them.  Zero in on what is important to comment on and proceed.

• Like 1

Thrak- Thanks for posting this! I thought it was just my computer

and then thought CC was tied in with Facebook because theirs changed

about the same time (which is horrible).

Yes! WAYYYYYYYYYY too much white and the posts are not numbered so

I can easily go back to them, noting the number in my head.

2 hours ago, nini said:

and the posts are not numbered so

I can easily go back to them, noting the number in my head.

Yes, agree. I mentioned this also a few posts back. I also e-mailed cruise critic about it stating "I have noticed that the posting number in the upper right hand corner is now absent. Lack of this number makes reference to a specific postings difficult, if not impossible."

• Like 1

The first thing I did when I saw the new page was to hit the control key on my keyboard and wheel my mouse up a bit to increase the sizing on the web page to 110%.  

I agree about the "WHITE":  I'm going to go snow blind if I stare at these pages too long.

22 hours ago, skynight said:

Yes, agree. I mentioned this also a few posts back. I also e-mailed cruise critic about it stating "I have noticed that the posting number in the upper right hand corner is now absent. Lack of this number makes reference to a specific postings difficult, if not impossible."

Thank you for doing that! As someone else said, we will get used to it but not the lack

of easy referencing.

2 hours ago, pcur said:

The first thing I did when I saw the new page was to hit the control key on my keyboard and wheel my mouse up a bit to increase the sizing on the web page to 110%.  

I agree about the "WHITE":  I'm going to go snow blind if I stare at these pages too long.

LOL! I did the very same thing. TOO MUCH WHITE SPACE!

One annoying thing I've found on this oh-so-very-helpful upgrade is when I go to a thread that I've subscribed to, it takes me to the first post on page 1, rather than to the first unread post, as in the past.  Now I have to navigate to the last page, then scroll down to the first unread post.  Sure, that faint little blue line is there to show me where that is, but why can't the screen just jump to that at the beginning?  I view on my smart phone, and don't know if that's the same way on other devices.

15 minutes ago, julie3fan said:

One annoying thing I've found on this oh-so-very-helpful upgrade is when I go to a thread that I've subscribed to, it takes me to the first post on page 1, rather than to the first unread post, as in the past.  Now I have to navigate to the last page, then scroll down to the first unread post.  Sure, that faint little blue line is there to show me where that is, but why can't the screen just jump to that at the beginning?  I view on my smart phone, and don't know if that's the same way on other devices.

On the desktop version, the little blue dot or star to the left of the thread title takes you to first unread post. Sadly, that little icon isn't present on mobile.

Edit: I found this:

Clicking the star or blue dot next to a thread should take you to where you left off.

However there is a new feature  located in your settings: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/settings/links/

You can choose what behavior happens each time when you click on a thread between these choices

Take me to comments I haven't read

Take me to the beginning

Take me to the latest comment

638805419_ScreenShot2020-11-08at2_49_09PM.png.3d53070c4baddb3c6af6960f445d4f67.png

Edited by Outerdog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2020 at 6:59 AM, dickinson said:

I noticed the change yesterday morning.  I don't like it because the print is smaller and some things are not as bold as before. 

I agree no all change is for the better.  The new format change the print size.  While I'm not blind, the print is much harder the read.

5 hours ago, Outerdog said:

On the desktop version, the little blue dot or star to the left of the thread title takes you to first unread post. Sadly, that little icon isn't present on mobile.

Edit: I found this:

Clicking the star or blue dot next to a thread should take you to where you left off.

However there is a new feature  located in your settings: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/settings/links/

You can choose what behavior happens each time when you click on a thread between these choices

Take me to comments I haven't read

Take me to the beginning

Take me to the latest comment

638805419_ScreenShot2020-11-08at2_49_09PM.png.3d53070c4baddb3c6af6960f445d4f67.png

Is it appropriate to say I love you?  I never would have found that on my own!  Thank you!!!!

• Like 1