Jump to content

90% effective vaccine EVEN without booster shot...


Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, BND said:

There are vaccine requirements for travel to some locations and it used to be a lot more.  How did people prove it then?  Shot record?  Easy enough to fill out.  My boys pediatricians office filled theirs in when they were younger, gasp, by hand, before computers.  Easy enough to provide proof through a database since vaccines have lot #'s, etc.  My DH had to prove to the US Navy that he had his flu shot every year which was a simple piece of paper.

I remember bringing a hand written vaccine certificate for traveling.  The reality is that verification of vaccination will not be perfect, but it will help us get to herd immunity on the ship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We do it and no we don't charge for it. And yes, I am "supposedly" a physician. My comments were directed toward the ridiculous type of documents that were suggested we produce.

 

What you don't like seals? I like seals. I haven't raised one but I've been to the circus and they look like the learn tricks fast. 

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quit quibbling. We've had little to celebrate this year. Let's celebrate this news.

 

And those of us who own shares of Pfizer are pretty damn pleased they are sharing this news. Frankly I was a bit dubious until I saw an interview with Fauci and he was very pleased. He's on the inside of things, so if he's positive about it so am I. 

 

Dorothy (who is counting heavily on cruising in the Fall of 2021)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BND said:

There are vaccine requirements for travel to some locations and it used to be a lot more.  How did people prove it then?  Shot record?  Easy enough to fill out.  My boys pediatricians office filled theirs in when they were younger, gasp, by hand, before computers.  Easy enough to provide proof through a database since vaccines have lot #'s, etc.  My DH had to prove to the US Navy that he had his flu shot every year which was a simple piece of paper.

 

As a child I travelled a great deal. While I did not have my own passport (in those days children were on father's), I did have my own yellow immunization book. Within are recorded all current immuniztions. I still have the equivalent - it's now a booklet.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And who do you suggest pay to supply physicians with the necessary source to produce these documents? Should this just be one more unreimbursed expense that doctors are constantly being sattled with?

Do you have a better idea? There must be some type of documentation to verify that a person has been vaccinated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BND said:

I think this was said in jest, but being "saddled" with "other duties as required' is very common in other professions.  

No, I didn't say it in jest. Just searching for a solution to verify that a person is vaccinated. I'm aware there will be false documentation so trying to beat that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, coffeebean said:

No, I didn't say it in jest. Just searching for a solution to verify that a person is vaccinated. I'm aware there will be false documentation so trying to beat that.

Vaccination proof in the past for travel and school just involved a vaccine record.  With the ability to maintain a database with  lot#'s, it should be easy to track for travel.  No need for a "raised seal".  Anyone STUPID enough to falsify vaccine info deserves what they get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

We do it and no we don't charge for it. And yes, I am "supposedly" a physician. My comments were directed toward the ridiculous type of documents that were suggested we produce.

I only made those suggestions because someone alluded to the fact that documentation can be easily forged.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

Every pharmacy that gives injections, and almost all do, give you (identification needed) a document stating the drug name, the lot numbers the immunizer and the Physician of record along with every other piece of information anyone would need for proof.

I didn't get any documentation from Publix when I got my flu shot a month ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, travelhound said:

I remember bringing a hand written vaccine certificate for traveling.  The reality is that verification of vaccination will not be perfect, but it will help us get to herd immunity on the ship.

 

I like wrist bands from Contagion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, BND said:

Vaccination proof in the past for travel and school just involved a vaccine record.  With the ability to maintain a database with  lot#'s, it should be easy to track for travel.  No need for a "raised seal".  Anyone STUPID enough to falsify vaccine info deserves what they get.

Lol I was thinking of bringing my receipt from wherever I got it with me.

 

I'm low tech. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I like wrist bands from Contagion

That was my first thought. But on Contagion, they administered their vaccine by birth date with dates picked like the draft. With most states following CDC guidance, it will be a while before younger, healthy people have an opportunity to be vaccinated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, emeraldcity said:

Dorothy (who is counting heavily on cruising in the Fall of 2021)

I think that Dorothy would fall into Phase 3 vaccinations in Ohio which may not be until the fall of 2021. 

 

https://beta.documentcloud.org/documents/20397844-ohio-covid-19-vaccination-draft-plan_final-draft-1

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bloodgem said:

It is good news  but I think some of us are in for a long wait, as we will be low down on the vaccination priority list. 

Which if you look at it a different way is a good thing. It means that you are not thought to be at risk if you did get it compared to others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Which if you look at it a different way is a good thing. It means that you are not thought to be at risk if you did get it compared to others.

Good point.

I'm an unpaid carer for my son, who is vulnerable, and I guess I'm just fed up of the UK government ignoring us unpaid carers.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, BND said:

Not amazing when resources are put where they need to be things can get done.  I just wonder who will take credit?

Seeing that Pfizer took no government money for R&D and sales yet, it will be Pfizer's team of researches and staff. No government, country, political party can even attempt to take credit.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Me too, I'm over 65. I'll get it for sure as soon as I can.

As much as I would not want to take a vaccine early, we are going to have to with my wife's diabetes. I am not an anti-vaxxer, but I would prefer more testing. However, her safety will have to come first so we will have to all get it and be part of the early groups.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

Seeing that Pfizer took no government money for R&D and sales yet, it will be Pfizer's team of researches and staff. No government, country, political party can even attempt to take credit.

 

Credit should also be given to Germany's BioNTech.  The vaccine is a joint, collaborative venture between Pfizer and BioNTech. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...