Black Friday Sale?

VitaminSea53

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'm not quite sure what I would book.  Everything for 2021 is up in the air until November  and there are limited offerings for 2022. 

I'd like to see the itineraries since I'm looking to maybe book something in 22 as its our 45th anniversary.

I do agree with other posters that they will probably raise prices and then call it a Black Friday sale,  really getting annoyed at this administration.  

They already launched their Black Friday sale - they cancelled a bunch of peoples ressies for 2021/22 and now want to chanrge them 50-200% more for the same cruise on a different ship!   It's called the #screwyouandyermothertoosale - HAPPY SHOPPING!

In all seriousness - with the launch of "Always Included" I only forsee them maybe doing a $50-200pp dollars off Black Friday "savings" event based on room type/sailing length.  Princes and HAL's offerings have been announced and are MEH at best, so don't expect much from Celebrity

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, miched said:

The cruise lines are like a furniture store.   There is always a sale.  It doesn’t mean the prices are cheaper they are just promoting a sale.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🌅🌅

Mark it up to mark it down is the oldest “sale” tactic around and Royal Caribbean Group are masters of it. Usually each new “sale” is nothing but a price increase in disguise. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

They already launched their Black Friday sale - they cancelled a bunch of peoples ressies for 2021/22 and now want to chanrge them 50-200% more for the same cruise on a different ship!   It's called the #screwyouandyermothertoosale - HAPPY SHOPPING!

In all seriousness - with the launch of "Always Included" I only forsee them maybe doing a $50-200pp dollars off Black Friday "savings" event based on room type/sailing length.  Princes and HAL's offerings have been announced and are MEH at best, so don't expect much from Celebrity

Sounds about what I posted as speculation in another thread:

Minimal savings and perhaps reduced deposit.

It seems like there is no Black Friday Sale, but when you go online, there is a Black Friday Sale, with a timer going down to 0 at midnight tonight.

I don't see any special pricing and their tag line is "EVERY DAY IS BLACK FRIDAY".

Am I missing anything?

11 minutes ago, tert333 said:

It seems like there is no Black Friday Sale, but when you go online, there is a Black Friday Sale, with a timer going down to 0 at midnight tonight.

I don't see any special pricing and their tag line is "EVERY DAY IS BLACK FRIDAY".

Am I missing anything?

Just the "sale"

I guess that will be the sales of the future, until they feel that they have to promote again.

They have so many FCC's with 25% bonus to use up before the end of 2022, I can't see them putting much on sale for the next few months.  Furthermore, they will need to reduce capacity for the foreseeable future, so any spare rooms can be sold at retail rates.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tert333 said:

Am I missing anything?

Nope 

18 hours ago, tert333 said:

I guess that will be the sales of the future, until they feel that they have to promote again.

They have so many FCC's with 25% bonus to use up before the end of 2022, I can't see them putting much on sale for the next few months.  Furthermore, they will need to reduce capacity for the foreseeable future, so any spare rooms can be sold at retail rates.

This is pretty much it. So many people got fooled into taking a FCC that they have these people by the balls and can charge whatever they want. Now the FCC holders will have to make up the ridiculous difference on top of cashing in their FCC’s ..... Glad I booked the Apex for 2022 way back in January. $3K more now .

2 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

This is pretty much it. So many people got fooled into taking a FCC that they have these people by the balls and can charge whatever they want. Now the FCC holders will have to make up the ridiculous difference on top of cashing in their FCC’s ..... Glad I booked the Apex for 2022 way back in January. $3K more now .

This is all as interesting as it is confusing.  My example.  Booked a suite in early Nov for an Aug 2021 cruise, prior to AI, still had the 4 perks.  Yesterday the exact same suite is now $1580 LESS than what we paid prior to AI.  And now it has all the AI plus $800 OBC/Shore Excursions.  I got them to honor the deal as it is an identical cabin (actually right next door) I feel like we gained esp with the $800 OBC, did I miss something do you think?  Anyone else find anything similar?

3 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

You are generalizing, of course, as there are many of us who have used the L&S program to full advantage. In my case, the FCC from a cancelled April 2020 cruise will be applied to a March 2021 cruise L&S'd to March 2022. I wouldn't book that cruise at today's prices, but I booked it during a good sale in 2019. So I pay low 2019 prices for a 2022 cruise and as a bonus get to apply my FCC. 

I priced a "Cyber Monday" fare for a cruise I already have scheduled in January 2022 on the Apex. My Concierge Class refundable-deposit fare for the 7-day cruise is $3,287 for two people with 3 perks, beverages, WiFi, and gratuities. I booked this last year. If I book the same cruise now for the same class, the fare is $5,006.98 , including a $200 per room fee for a refundable deposit. The prices for future Celebrity cruises is so high I actually booked a January 2023 cruise on the forthcoming Carnival Celebration. I haven't cruised on Carnival in more than 10 years, but we got an extended balcony on the hump for $2,200 (tax included) for two people for 7 days, less than half what Celebrity is currently charging for the same itinerary and length of cruise. And that's on what will be a brand new ship. A different experience to be sure, but we can do two Carnival cruises for the same price as one Celebrity cruise. Will miss Cafe al Bacio, but perhaps not much else.

Edited by MarkWiltonM
clarity

21 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

My end of Feb 2022 is now over $10,000 for the 2 of us. We are paying $3250. Needless to say, at the new pricing, we would not be sailing. Who would? At these prices I would be on Regent or Seabourn.

I believed thats the price for Black Friday and Cyber Monday price.

Celebrity will never fool Old timers.

8 minutes ago, verizon said:

I believed thats the price for Black Friday and Cyber Monday price.

Celebrity will never fool Old timers.

I agree, I also believe they have all that FCC that they are going to force people to use at high prices, which means the FCC holders will have to come up with additional cash.

Until most or all of that is used, X is going to go after every penny they can. You can't blame them.

BUT..... I could understand if they just raised the prices 25% to come out whole, but it seems that they are trying to make up for all their 2020 losses in 2021.