CDC Raises Cruise Travel Risk to Level 4 - Very High

JT1962

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Personally I just thought how stupid cdc is. They look like idiots and flexing their muscles for publicity. If there were some cruises people could go on it would make sense but there arent... just one more publicity grab. They show a need to be in the news. Very needy.

Those "idiots" aren't just worrying about cruising, they are worried about coronavirus spreading agai, and hospital beds filling up.  I trust the CDC a whole lot more than the wannabe experts who are in denial.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, D C said:

South Dakota says they're 14.5% over the past 7 days

https://doh.sd.gov/news/coronavirus.aspx

34 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

John Hopkins say South Dakota is 51.08 over the last month.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/region/us/south-dakota

SD site (1 day):

769 new cases

4806 tests (not on their site, but they list a one day % as 16.  769 is 16% of 4806).

JHU (1 day):

851 new cases

2048 tests

Someone has wrong numbers.  Or we're comparing different days/weeks/whatever.

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Personally I just thought how stupid cdc is. They look like idiots and flexing their muscles for publicity. If there were some cruises people could go on it would make sense but there arent... just one more publicity grab. They show a need to be in the news. Very needy.

I've seen the warning 3 times on tv, and even one station mentioned, there arent any cruises going to warn about. Publicity hounds. Trying to smear cruises. They must have little else to do these days.

There is no reason for them to want publicity they are a government funded agency.  There are no cruises sailing yet the cruise lines keep selling them knowing they won't sail and  people are booking them and making purchases in the cruise planner. So there is a reason for them to be so vocal. NCL has been advertising on the radio 30%off book now.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I've seen the warning 3 times on tv, and even one station mentioned, there arent any cruises going to warn about. Publicity hounds. Trying to smear cruises. They must have little else to do these days.

There must be alot of stupid people out there as the whole world has this problem and the CDC only has jurisdiction over the U.S.

The idiots are the ones who ignore how serious this problem is yet they ignore the recommendations made by the experts, that would help bring it under control.

The cruise lines have known for almost a month exactly what it would take to sail but no ships are sailing and they haven’t got the common courtesy to tell their customers why.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

There is no reason for them to want publicity they are a government funded agency.  There are no cruises sailing yet the cruise lines keep selling them knowing they won't sail and  people are booking them and making purchases in the cruise planner. So there is a reason for them to be so vocal. NCL has been advertising on the radio 30%off book now.

Oh I think some of those cdc doctors do love being interviewed on tv.

Looks to me like they love it. 

Doesnt matter who advertises what, it will be months before any cruises. Why come out now u ,Essex you just need the attention? Sorry that's how I view them on tv, attention hounds. Their 15 minutes of fame. 

It's ok, we dont have to agree. We wouldnt change each others mind.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Oh I think some of those cdc doctors do love being interviewed on tv.

Looks to me like they love it. 

Doesnt matter who advertises what, it will be months before any cruises. Why come out now u ,Essex you just need the attention? Sorry that's how I view them on tv, attention hounds. Their 15 minutes of fame. 

It's ok, we dont have to agree. We wouldnt change each others mind.

I haven't watched any of the CDC reports. Are they just focused on cruising or is there an overall message that covers addresses the full picture?

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

Relevance perhaps?   The CDC doesn't exactly have a good reputation with a lot of people for how covid was handled early on.  Not to mention that they don't really have authority over what states are doing to combat the disease.  Without international travel , with the borders generally quiet, and with a guy not in the CDC getting all of the publicity, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually was the result of the CDC looking for headlines for themselves.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

SD site (1 day):

769 new cases

4806 tests (not on their site, but they list a one day % as 16.  769 is 16% of 4806).

JHU (1 day):

851 new cases

2048 tests

Someone has wrong numbers.  Or we're comparing different days/weeks/whatever.

I would not be surprised if the 1 day information is not the same day.  They could easily be a day or 2 off posting numbers.  I would expect 1 week or better 1 month would give a better picture.

It is the trends that will have the long term effects. 

15 hours ago, yogimax said:

Those "idiots" aren't just worrying about cruising, they are worried about coronavirus spreading agai, and hospital beds filling up.  I trust the CDC a whole lot more than the wannabe experts who are in denial.

The same CDC head who said he trusts the mask more then when the vaccine comes out but at the start they said masks are useless. They knew the results of the vaccine trials but waited until after the election to release? They squash any prophylactic study, how many lives were lost? We are in a pandemic and any drug that showed any promise should have been touted. No waiting several years to see if the science supports the drug, people are dying.  But the biggest is that this virus thrives off of fat cells and that the US is one of the fattest countries in the world. You can drink more of the Koolaide, but I hope you stay healthy.

Edited by Junkhouse

17 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

All of them

Do you have proof that the studies had reached the appropriate measurement time prior to the election?

The initial announcement from Pfizer was based on only 94 participants, with the rest reaching the required study time over the next few days/weeks.  Can you prove that they shifted release of the results by 1-2 weeks so as to do it after the election?

• Like 3

Also, this might be happening due to the change in administration coming. The CDC wanted to prolong the cruise ban longer and the current administration put pressure on them to open it up quicker. With the administration changing, maybe the CDC feel comfortable going back to their original thoughts on cruising

32 minutes ago, hallux said:

Do you have proof that the studies had reached the appropriate measurement time prior to the election?

The initial announcement from Pfizer was based on only 94 participants, with the rest reaching the required study time over the next few days/weeks.  Can you prove that they shifted release of the results by 1-2 weeks so as to do it after the election?

Do you have proof they didn’t?

3 hours ago, Junkhouse said:

The same CDC head who said he trusts the mask more then when the vaccine comes out but at the start they said masks are useless. They knew the results of the vaccine trials but waited until after the election to release?

Do you have anything to indicate that the CDC knew the results of the vaccine trials but waited until after the election to release them?

• Like 1

We have all known various pharmaceuticals companies across the world have been working on vaccine studies for months now.   We knew their timeline was going to november/december to release their phase 3 studies.  

There is no reason for any of that to have impact on any election.   If the vaccine had been available in October would it change how you voted?  The vaccine is not available to anyone yet.  

The fact we have at least vaccines with 90 to 95% effectiveness that should be available to everyone the first half of 2021 is Great news!

As for the Cdc, yes they have lost some creditability but they also had alot of political pressure too.

I think the US is one of the only countries that does Not require you to take a covid test within 72 hours to travel too.    Yes, some states have set their own policies but as a whole the US has not.   

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

A non answer to the question you were asked.

And they didn’t answer the question I asked. You really think they didn’t know how the trails were going? Two in one week followed by another the following week. 

Operation Warp Speed 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

And they didn’t answer the question I asked. You really think they didn’t know how the trails were going? Two in one week followed by another the following week. 

Operation Warp Speed 

"...conspiracy theories have attributes that set them apart from other types of causal explanation. Albeit to varying degrees, they are speculative in that they posit actions that are hidden from public scrutiny, complex in that they postulate the coordination of multiple actors, and resistant to falsification in that they postulate that conspirators use stealth and disinformation to cover up their actions...."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5724570/

Edited by Pratique
  • Like 2