CDC Raises Cruise Travel Risk to Level 4 - Very High

JT1962

Getting a bit off topic, but given the extent to which the response to covid has been politicized on national, state, and stave vs national levels, it's not unreasonable to suggest that the opinions/perception of the current federal administration could have been different on Nov 3rd based on the release date of positive vaccine information.  Granted, neither state nor federal administrations had squat to do with vaccine development, but that hardly matters in the "they couldn't but, I will" vs "I will and they won't" political environment.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, D C said:

Getting a bit off topic, but given the extent to which the response to covid has been politicized on national, state, and stave vs national levels, it's not unreasonable to suggest that the opinions/perception of the current federal administration could have been different on Nov 3rd based on the release date of positive vaccine information.  Granted, neither state nor federal administrations had squat to do with vaccine development, but that hardly matters in the "they couldn't but, I will" vs "I will and they won't" political environment.

I suppose you are answering the question as to why any of this matters. But even if there is a political reason, many ballots were cast well before November 3. At this point, the entire theory is only useful for lining the birdcage because what else are we to do with it now? It wasn't too long ago that some people were worried about rushing vaccine development.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Junkhouse said:

They knew the results of the vaccine trials but waited until after the election to release?

good grief

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have all known various pharmaceuticals companies across the world have been working on vaccine studies for months now. 

exactly - across the world

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Operation Warp Speed 

has no bearing on the production of vaccines anywhere else in the world

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Junkhouse said:

Just curious you don’t see any trouble with the other things CDC has done to cause more deaths and suspicions? If you do any research you will find that the party that appears to have won met with members of Warp Speed before the election and doesn’t release what was talked about because they say it was private. Keep drinking the KA.

There sure was no Warp Speed going on in February and March.  We were in neutral or even reverse.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Operation "warp speed"  helped finance vaccine R&D and production of vaccine candidates all over the world-this benefits all of humanity

Many governments financed vaccine R & D through guaranteed purchase orders of vaccines just as the US did. 

45 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

Many governments financed vaccine R & D through guaranteed purchase orders of vaccines just as the US did. 

Exactly this. And I find it very hard to believe that the response and funding would have been any different had someone else been leading the country, but there are some sore losers who just can't accept that 🙄

I actually think the timing of the announcement was excellent.  It meant no one person could take unwarranted credit for the huge efforts of so many scientists on various different research projects around the world 

Edited by Bobal
  • Like 5

On 11/25/2020 at 6:18 AM, Missusdubbya said:

has no bearing on the production of vaccines anywhere else in the world

45 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I agree, but you stated that "OWS" had no bearing on vaccines in countries other than the US.  This was an incorrect statement.

I stand by my statement on vaccine production.

As I understand, the US Government strategy entitled ‘Operation Warp Speed’ expedited FDA (US only) approval protocols and provided funding to some vaccine developers via pre orders of vaccines.

As I have mentioned, other countries have their own pre orders with vaccine developers and own pharmaceutical use approval protocols. Other countries will also produce or procure their own vaccines e.g. Australia will manufacture our own (as will other countries).

Thus US Government strategy does not have bearing on vaccination production in Australia (or many other countries). 

15 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

I stand by my statement on vaccine production.

As I understand, the US Government strategy entitled ‘Operation Warp Speed’ expedited FDA (US only) approval protocols and provided funding to some vaccine developers via pre orders of vaccines.

As I have mentioned, other countries have their own pre orders with vaccine developers and own pharmaceutical use approval protocols. Other countries will also produce or procure their own vaccines e.g. Australia will manufacture our own (as will other countries).

Thus US Government strategy does not have bearing on vaccination production in Australia (or many other countries). 

It’s very unfortunate in these trying times that individuals cling to a nationalist point of view on this topic. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bobal said:

Exactly this. And I find it very hard to believe that the response and funding would have been any different had someone else been leading the country, but there are some sore losers who just can't accept that 🙄

I actually think the timing of the announcement was excellent.  It meant no one person could take unwarranted credit for the huge efforts of so many scientists on various different research projects around the world 

You do realize there are people blaming the current administration for everything?  But, you're saying it wouldn't have mattered who was leading the country.  Don't tell the incoming administration that, because they've been talking for months how much better a job they would have done.

Regardless,  people have taken the  term "warp speed" as a negative instead of showing the ingenuity and capabilities of the US.   Just pay attention over the next few months of distribution and watch who claims the successes. This will also be used in political ads for the next decade.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Bobal said:

Not sure if you didn't understand my post or are being disingenous 🤔

My point was that whoever was leading a country (any country) would surely have done the very best in the quickest time to encourage and help to fund the discovery of a vaccine. And that is what has been happening all over the world. What your current leader did was no more special than what many other world leaders have been doing - without bigging themselves up on Twitter. The implication earlier in the thread is that the info about vaccine successes was suppressed until after the election so that Trump couldn't take the credit and nor should he have been able to.

But as I said, sore losers won't be able to see that.

Well, you don't really get a vote in what the US does.  Why do so many in the UK have an opinion about our government?  We don't have one about yours.

LOL disingenuous?  Your post just shows you don't understand the politics involved here in the US and what has been said and done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BND said:

Well, you don't really get a vote in what the US does.  Why do so many in the UK have an opinion about our government?  We don't have one about yours.

LOL disingenuous?  Your post just shows you don't understand the politics involved here in the US and what has been said and done.

Probably because we have a broader world view 😉. But never mind - you'll get over your loss

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobal said:

Probably because we have a broader world view 😉. But never mind - you'll get over your loss

So are you posting about vaccines or merely gloating that a president lost? Hard to keep track of the points you're trying to make.  Btw, how are the European drug companies doing finding a vaccine?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1