Celebrity's Kindness and Good will

koalapanda

9 hours ago, koalapanda said:

Thank you Celebrity Cruises for acknowledging our loyalty. We appreciate the good will shown and will enjoy the bottle of Shiraz kindly gifted to us. We will return when it safe to enjoy more happy Cruises.

They sent this to your house? Or was this on the last cruise you took? Boy that's been a while huh? 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Puzzling as from OP profile they cruise Seabourn🤥

No puzzle we have cruised with Celebrity and Azamara mostly that is why we are in the highest Captains Club level. 

In this year of current world chaos  small kindnesses are everything to us.  

Edited by koalapanda
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, koalapanda said:

I retire from this post  disappointed not to hear more happy instances of Celebrity kindness. 

Can I suggest you describe the where and when of this kindness in a bit more detail? It is always great to hear of good things but more easy to relate to when in context.

We have received many kindnesses from Celebrity staff over the years ranging from deeds to meals to bottles. Kindnesses have come from Captains, Butlers, room attendants, washroom attendants to name but a few...We always feel the kindness more when it is totally unexpected. For example, a Captain personally greeting us and remembering us by name from a previous cruise, a butler suggesting and then organising a special in suite meal on a seaday....

I know many, many of those in the highest loyalty level at Celebrity and never heard of them receiving a gift like you report for their loyalty. Have received a few gifts while on the ship, but that has been from staff on the particular ship. Let me ask you this :What do you receive from Celebrity when you become Zenith? 

Dear OP, i love to read something positiv in these streanous and uncertain times. So refreshing to read something like that. I don´t blame you to retire from this post. I rarely post these days. Not always nececcary to put in my two cents. LOL.

Many loyal X- cruisers are very - well how to state it- unsatisfied- to say the least,  how they ( X) handled the cancelations of almost a whole year. Nothing was therir fault- nothing was their doing.

I was a very loyal X cruiser in the past- making it up to Elit plus- but since a few years I switched occaisonaly to Cunard.

While X still offers a great and sometimes better product then their competition their cruise experience has changed a lot during the last ten years- in some ways beyond recognition.

Due to the circumstances after my sojourn to TUI- Cruises  my next try will be MSC- Yacht Club.

My whole live I - at least try- to make lemonade out of lemons- so Corona simply has not stopped that so far. Off to new experiences - always thankfull to have stayed in good health so far.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2020 at 4:49 AM, travelwide said:

Oh my. It is pretty sad that a post is about an act of kindness that X performed 2 YEARS AGO. 

Can anyone contribute about a more current act of kindness? Does not have to be one that occurred on board a ship.

Not 2 years ago. It's happening now.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 5:39 AM, koalapanda said:

Thank you Celebrity Cruises for acknowledging our loyalty. We appreciate the good will shown and will enjoy the bottle of Shiraz kindly gifted to us. We will return when it safe to enjoy more happy Cruises.

Is this the same Celebrity who took away your ability to use Michael's Club/The Retreat if not booked in a suite?  I'm happy you appreciate their appreciation.  However it sounds as if their marketing department is trying to smooth over other Zenith cruiser's ruffled feathers.

9 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Is this the same Celebrity who took away your ability to use Michael's Club/The Retreat if not booked in a suite?  I'm happy you appreciate their appreciation.  However it sounds as if their marketing department is trying to smooth over other Zenith cruiser's ruffled feathers.

9 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Perhaps those of you who are reporting "appreciation gestures" from Celebrity can confirm if you are all from Australia.   Perhaps this is a marketing tool that is only being used in a particular country.   As well, if you would be kind enough to advise what loyalty level you are at.   It's hard to assume that you are Zenith or Elite Plus or what level you are at presently.   I think it would help a lot of people to understand how these "thank yous" are happening.   Any other feedback you can provide would be greatly appreciated such as number of cruises, how long you have cruised with Celebrity and if you are suite guests or otherwise.   Thanks so much.

In any case, happy holidays and enjoy your beverages.

Welland the above link is from Australia and New Zealand Cruisers thread, it appears that Celebrity Australia is treating its cruisers to wine.

I sent the link to my Cruise planner at Celebrity Uk jokingly asking if we were going to get some wine, he sai No , Australia obviously had a lot of budget left.

Edited by emmas gran
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I to am so glad to hear someone had a positive experience with Celebrity. As for me I just got off the phone with my travel agent and found out that my lift and shift deposit money I will have to add another $500 to Celebrity's behalf in order to lock into next summer's cruise that may or may not happen. I will wait another two weeks and if the attitude doesn't change on the corporate side then they can just keep my orginal deposit money. I can make up the difference by sailing with another cruiseline once the new sailing order goes into affect. Still I am glad to hear someone did get a perk of somekind.  

15 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Not 2 years ago. It's happening now.

Several posts up the OP said it occurred Christmas of 2018. So now I am really confused. It appears the Australian Market is getting wine gifts now. I think these are two separate events.

19 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Welland the above link is from Australia and New Zealand Cruisers thread, it appears that Celebrity Australia is treating its cruisers to wine.

I sent the link to my Cruise planner at Celebrity Uk jokingly asking if we were going to get some wine, he sai No , Australia obviously had a lot of budget left.

Well I can attest from my trip there a couple of years ago that both Aus and NZ have some pretty good wineries!🍷

19 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Well I can attest from my trip there a couple of years ago that both Aus and NZ have some pretty good wineries!🍷

You and me both, we did 5 days touring Barossa,, McLaren Vale Adelaide Hills. We spent a full day at d’Arenburg making our own wine followed by a 9 course tasting menu with 2 wines each course, it was phenomenal.

Prior to that we did Margaret River area, all with our friends from Sydney but it was me that sorted tours and guides. NZ Brancott is 20 minutes from the airport.

Liz

Sorry I digressed from the thread!!