CDC UPDATE

trbarton

On 2/6/2021 at 12:17 PM, Ombud said:

I understand that I am the only one interested i. This but Ruby turned green!!!!

20210206_121338.thumb.jpg.2e5194248e4c89098fa2755f29a42f5c.jpg

Thanks for the post.  We have a California coastal (no Canada stops) booked for 7/10/21.  Hope it is a go.

On 2/6/2021 at 12:35 PM, jennybenny said:

@Ombud Thanks, I too am happy to see the Ruby in Green. I know it doesn’t mean they are starting yet but it’s a good sign that things are moving forward. 

All the codes mean is they have met the requirements to disembark crew via commercial air, instead of having to use charter flights.  Same requirements as last fall. While it is a necessary condition, it is a long way from having a conditional sailing certificate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, nocl said:

All the codes mean is they have met the requirements to disembark crew via commercial air, instead of having to use charter flights.  Same requirements as last fall. While it is a necessary condition, it is a long way from having a conditional sailing certificate.

Half full or half empty?

1 hour ago, nocl said:

All the codes mean is they have met the requirements to disembark crew via commercial air, instead of having to use charter flights.  ....

Which they did not have before. Progress

• Like 2

Thanks @Ombud. A little positive attitude never hurt me. 🙂  The USA is taking a far different approach to vaccines. Here we are told it's still all gloom and doom, even after you get it, you must stay vigilant, continue social distancing, etc. In Europe they are telling people go see your grandchildren, get out after the vaccine. Maybe that's not in the news, but it's what's actually being told to people. I'm not looking for commentary about this from people who believe otherwise. I'm just saying, I prefer to to be positive, and that's what my family is being told. 

So, back to Thank you for looking at the positive side of progress 🙂 

• Like 2

On 2/8/2021 at 12:14 AM, Ombud said:

Which they did not have before. Progress

8 hours ago, Bgwest said:

While like many others I agree with you, you are never going to get any traction with the doom and groom crowd who haunt the site. 

And, yet, this requirement, and this list, has been published by the CDC for over 6 months, the cruise lines knew they needed this as a prerequisite for sailing over 6 months ago, and yet they never bothered to make this progress back then.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

And, yet, this requirement, and this list, has been published by the CDC for over 6 months, the cruise lines knew they needed this as a prerequisite for sailing over 6 months ago, and yet they never bothered to make this progress back then.

I've read on various cruise-related boards that the CDC is slowly releasing rules with additional information for the cruise lines to follow, but I've not been able to find such on the CDC site, so I have no idea if those reports are accurate.

1 hour ago, D C said:

I've read on various cruise-related boards that the CDC is slowly releasing rules with additional information for the cruise lines to follow, but I've not been able to find such on the CDC site, so I have no idea if those reports are accurate.

The CDC is issuing "technical instructions" on various aspects of the procedures needed to restart cruising.  The "technical instructions" for the crew safety and ability to crew change by commercial transportation (the "color code") can be found here:  

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/management/technical-instructions-for-cruise-ships.html

The next phase the CDC wants to work on are the "agreements with local ports and health care systems", and those technical instructions are due out in the next couple of weeks.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2021 at 9:06 AM, D C said:

Do you think that cruise lines have no contingency plans whatsoever and have no idea how ports would react if there were any cases onboard?   This is all groundwork that's laid in advance.  

Exactly.  Every passenger knows in advance what could happen.    

If cruises sail with vaccination requirements, the odds of any of that actually happening is extremely remote.

And of course we know that contingency plans always work and ports never change their requirements.  No one knows in advance what will happen theyjust think they do.

17 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

It reminds me of the times we have been on Princess ships such as the Royal, Regal, and Majestic where they have hand washing stations as you enter the buffet and people are told, face to face, to wash their hands by crew staff because of Norovirus and they still refuse or fake like they washed their hands.....human nature not doom and gloom is the problem.

I find it a puzzling response. I once stood in line while a passenger actually argued with the staff person over the need to cleanse hands. I've begun to suspect that the behavior simply illustrates how self centered our culture has become.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

The CDC is issuing "technical instructions" on various aspects of the procedures needed to restart cruising.  The "technical instructions" for the crew safety and ability to crew change by commercial transportation (the "color code") can be found here:  

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/management/technical-instructions-for-cruise-ships.html

The next phase the CDC wants to work on are the "agreements with local ports and health care systems", and those technical instructions are due out in the next couple of weeks.

Chief, so very, very happy that you are here and willing to contribute. 

Thank you!!

3 hours ago, Potstech said:

And of course we know that contingency plans always work and ports never change their requirements.  No one knows in advance what will happen theyjust think they do.

I guess you're not interested in the coming cruises??? 🙄

18 hours ago, Bgwest said:

While like many others I agree with you, you are never going to get any traction with the doom and groom crowd who haunt the site. 

Gloom and doom for many...

Global new deaths per capita Feb 7.JPG

On 2/9/2021 at 9:57 AM, broberts said:

I find it a puzzling response. I once stood in line while a passenger actually argued with the staff person over the need to cleanse hands. I've begun to suspect that the behavior simply illustrates how self centered our culture has become.

The problem is that the cruise companies do not enforce their own rules and the passengers know that they can get away w ignoring rules.  If that passenger who was arguing that they did not want to wash their hands was told by an officer that you either wash your hands or

1) you will be locked in your cabin and

2) will be put off at the next port whatever that port is and

3) that the cruise company will provide you with zero aid in figuring out how to get home and

4) will also provide you w zero financial aid in getting home

you can be pretty sure that they will wash their hands.  Also, the captain should announce that passengers have been put off and why they were put off.

This may sound harsh and it is but some rules are there for good reasons and should be enforced.

DON

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Hurray!! Today’s charts and graphs have arrived. We can all breathe easier now that smiley had come riding in with his pouch full of doom and gloom amulets to spread around. What a guy!!!

And it appears one of the many stoic Covid deniers has never left. Screw the numbers, right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

The problem is that the cruise companies do not enforce their own rules and the passengers know that they can get away w ignoring rules.  If that passenger who was arguing that they did not want to wash their hands was told by an officer that you either wash your hands or

1) you will be locked in your cabin and

2) will be put off at the next port whatever that port is and

3) that the cruise company will provide you with zero aid in figuring out how to get home and

4) will also provide you w zero financial aid in getting home

you can be pretty sure that they will wash their hands.  Also, the captain should announce that passengers have been put off and why they were put off.

This may sound harsh and it is but some rules are there for good reasons and should be enforced.

DON

People should practice good hygiene as a matter of course. The problem is there are just too many people around that have been failed by their parents and never learnt the basics of hygiene.

Sorry perfume does not substitute for bathing or failing to do other things.

During one cruise I actually had some fool scream at me for washing my hands in the men's room.

IMHO that person is a health hazard and should not be out in public. They are the type of person that causes problems.

I hope when cruises start up again passengers will practice good hygiene.

Edited by brisalta

16 minutes ago, brisalta said:

IMHO that person is a health hazard and should not be out in public. They are the type of person that causes problems.

I hope when cruises start up again passengers will practice good hygiene.

So, which is it?  Do we execute that person?  Maybe we should send them to Devils Island or Super Max in Colorado?  How do you propose we keep the hand washers out of society?  How do we decide who is unlikely to practice hygiene up to your standards?

I've always been a big believer in frequent handwashing but don't you think your position was just a little extreme?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

So, which is it?  Do we execute that person?  Maybe we should send them to Devils Island or Super Max in Colorado?  How do you propose we keep the hand washers out of society?  How do we decide who is unlikely to practice hygiene up to your standards?

I've always been a big believer in frequent handwashing but don't you think your position was just a little extreme?

Was that a typo do you really not like people hand washing?

The people that refuse to wash should be refused entry to the buffet/dining areas until they wash their hands. I have actually been on cruises where that has been enforced.

People who do not was there hands on board a ship are a health hazard. The same people are the type of people that do not practice good practice while dining. Ever hear of noro virus?

It seems the "me, me , the I do not need to learn anything types" are victims of poor parenting.

Basic health lessons need to be introduced into school.

It is the same sort of people that mock CDC recommendations.

Edited by brisalta

On 2/9/2021 at 3:00 PM, HappyInVan said:

I guess you're not interested in the coming cruises??? 🙄

Gloom and doom for many...

Global new deaths per capita Feb 7.JPG

And all the precautions have done NOTHING.  The US states with the most stringent lockdowns have the worst numbers.  It’s time to treat this like the flu.  But the powers that be will never let this go.  They have a boot on the neck of the scared populace and will never take it off.  Power corrupts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cafedumonde said:

And all the precautions have done NOTHING.  The US states with the most stringent lockdowns have the worst numbers.  It’s time to treat this like the flu.  But the powers that be will never let this go.  They have a boot on the neck of the scared populace and will never take it off.  Power corrupts.

Not sure where you are getting your infection rates but Oregon for example has one of the strictest policies and they are 48th in per capita infections.  Washington is also strict and its rate is 47th.  fairly remarkable considering that they were one of the first areas to get hit.  New York is 35th. California is at 25th and is probably the worst of any of the strict states. Hawaii, one of the strictest is 51st. Alaska is 38th. So what states were you talking about as having the most stringent lockdowns? 

Edited by nocl
  • Like 5