Which ships will be the first to resume in the U.S.

Bear79

I know everything is pure speculation pending the CDC to release the final plans to resume cruising.  Which ships do you foresee to start cruising with once able?  Will it be smaller ships or some of the large ships?  Will Departure port play a factor in which ships start as well?

Dan

I think the first cabs off the rank will be Mariner and Navigator doing 3/4 nights out of Miami and Orlando to the Bahamas.  This lets them keep everything short and sweet while they perfect their new systems and it allows them to maximize revenue by keeping passengers in tied to them for excursions, etc. at Cococay. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I think the first cabs off the rank will be Mariner and Navigator doing 3/4 nights out of Miami and Orlando to the Bahamas.  This lets them keep everything short and sweet while they perfect their new systems and it allows them to maximize revenue by keeping passengers in tied to them for excursions, etc. at Cococay. 

I agree.  we don't get off the ship in Nassau and only lay at the beach and chill in CocoCay so they won't make any money on us for excursions.  We already have the Bev Pkgs, so CocoCay is always a cheap day for us - just some tips.

• Like 1

For us the first ship to sail will be the Allure from PC  July 25, 2021 7 night caribbean.   I'm counting on this!  It's a L&S from last year for our 35th anniversary cruise.  We are planning on this as a go!  Fully vaccinated senior citizens 36th anniversary ( last year was the 35th CANCELLED so now 36th) for a high seas party!!!

• Like 1

My TA thinks it will be Navigator and Symphony out of Miami. Her rationale was Navigator is RC's amped mid-sized  ship that already does the 3- and 4-day Coco Cay routes;  Symphony as RC's newest and largest ship; and Port of Miami is easier to get to from airport (MIA) than going from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral. 

14 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

My TA thinks it will be Navigator and Symphony out of Miami. Her rationale was Navigator is RC's amped mid-sized  ship that already does the 3- and 4-day Coco Cay routes;  Symphony as RC's newest and largest ship; and Port of Miami is easier to get to from airport (MIA) than going from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral. 

Port Canaveral has twice as many potential drive to passengers. That's a fact.

• Thanks 1

My guess(hope) is Mariner and Navigator paying customers in Sept-Oct. Followed by Allure and Symphony if all goes good (i know not likely) maybe even freedom by mid-late December. 4-5  ships for the holiday sailings! IF we are very very lucky! 

Edited by Nemomof3

I realize this is Royal, but Carnival already announced that their hierarchy of starting embarkation ports would be Miami and Port Canaveral with the Horizon and the Breeze.  Amber Cove, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay would be the initial stops, IMHO.

13 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Ditto

13 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Port Canaveral has twice as many potential drive to passengers. That's a fact.

If it's "potential drive to" that is one of the factors think about Bayonne. 

A three or four hour drive time would encompass tens of millions, probably the highest population pool within 100-200 miles from a port.  .

The Cape Liberty terminal is geared to online check in and with reduced passenger capacity it would be a walk through to the ship.  It is almost that fast now.

I can easily visualize arriving at the port, dropping off luggage, parking and aside from security. staying socially distanced all the way to a socially distanced table in the buffet or to our stateroom. (all verandas of course).

Wishful Thinking.. LOL

• Like 4

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

If it's "potential drive to" that is one of the factors think about Bayonne. 

A three or four hour drive time would encompass tens of millions, probably the highest population pool within 100-200 miles from a port.  .

The Cape Liberty terminal is geared to online check in and with reduced passenger capacity it would be a walk through to the ship.  It is almost that fast now.

I can easily visualize arriving at the port, dropping off luggage, parking and aside from security. staying socially distanced all the way to a socially distanced table in the buffet or to our stateroom. (all verandas of course).

Wishful Thinking.. LOL

Younger was routine. This when 15-25yrs ago a 22hr Drive to Port was always worth it to me,1-2 times a year and more then half the time I drove straight through to Florida. Without Discount priced Airlines of today was cheap, RT gas was less then $100 in my Full sized Ford Expedition. Now when need drive longer then 8hrs for Family Wedding/Vacation I fly or let my Son-In-Law drive while I hang out with my Grand Daughters in back

• Like 2

19 hours ago, torpeedo said:

For us the first ship to sail will be the Allure from PC  July 25, 2021 7 night caribbean.   I'm counting on this!  It's a L&S from last year for our 35th anniversary cruise.  We are planning on this as a go!  Fully vaccinated senior citizens 36th anniversary ( last year was the 35th CANCELLED so now 36th) for a high seas party!!!

Seriously I would start planning a land vacation. Wouldnt want your 36th to be ruined. Chances are slim to none