Will X Cancel All Europe Cruises For 2021?

Aloha 1

28 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

With the cancellation of all Europe cruises for Edge and Apex for 2021, will the rest of ships cruising Europe this year also be cancelled?

OK, you have my attention as we have a TA booked on the Apex leaving Barcelona on Oct 21, 2021 heading back to the US. Would it be possible for you to post the link where the 2021 Apex European cruises have been cancelled as there are still quite a few listed on their website?

Update: I found the European cancellations for the Edge and Constellation departing May - Oct 2021, but not for the Apex.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

23 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

With the cancellation of all Europe cruises for Edge and Apex for 2021, will the rest of ships cruising Europe this year also be cancelled?

Where did you see that ALL Europe EDGE and APEX 2021 cruises have been cancelled?  I do not doubt that it will happen, but have they made that official?

Only the Edge & Connie Europe sailings have been totally cancelled.  

That being said it is becoming less likely that Reflection, Apex, or other ships sitting in the Caribbean will be in Europe this summer.  Once the CDC provides further guidance and the cruise lines take whatever actions needed that will allows test cruises  the crews have get to the ships, quarantine, be vaccinated and trained and have successful test cruises.   Then the countries/ ports have to open to tourists.  Sounds like at best they may get 1 ship , in addition to the Infinity which is in Europe, sailing in Europe this year.  

We have a October cruise booked on the Infinity and won’t make final payment unless sailing in Europe is more than a couple of ships doing restricted cruises.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Only the Edge & Connie Europe sailings have been totally cancelled.  

That being said it is becoming less likely that Reflection, Apex, or other ships sitting in the Caribbean will be in Europe this summer.  Once the CDC provides further guidance and the cruise lines take whatever actions needed that will allows test cruises  the crews have get to the ships, quarantine, be vaccinated and trained and have successful test cruises.   Then the countries/ ports have to open to tourists.  Sounds like at best they may get 1 ship , in addition to the Infinity which is in Europe, sailing in Europe this year.  

We have a October cruise booked on the Infinity and won’t make final payment unless sailing in Europe is more than a couple of ships doing restricted cruises.

In another words, chances of the ships sailing is zero, at least those there are not restricted. Just look at the rapid rise of Covid infections going on in Europe. Enoufh said.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

will the rest of ships cruising Europe this year also be cancelled?

Certainly should....we're nowhere near ready to get back out there till global vaccination rate reaches a fairly high level. Bag it and plan on restarting January '22....maybe. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Once the CDC provides further guidance and the cruise lines take whatever actions needed that will allows test cruises  the crews have get to the ships, quarantine, be vaccinated and trained and have successful test cruises.   Then the countries/ ports have to open to tourists.  

Agree....makes sense to have some sort of logical and gradual progression to restarting. 

• Like 1

Cunard, P&O(UK) and Princess have all stated that they will be publishing Itineraries, later in March, for Coastal UK cruises. These will be for UK residents only. I suspect that Azamara will do something similar, as their ships are currently in Glasgow.

Not yet heard of any plans from CelebrityCruises.

• Like 1

I am interested to see how the RCL Israel cruises work out with fully vaccinated staff and passengers.   Spain and Greece both have indicated opening for summer tourism so I can see some cruising resuming unless there are serious problems with these first cruises.  I have a late August Apex cruise booked leaving Barcelona with a Greece heavy itinerary.   I suspect that is why these cruises were not canceled and others were that had stops in countries that are unlikely to reopen in time.

1 hour ago, TMaine said:

I am interested to see how the RCL Israel cruises work out with fully vaccinated staff and passengers.   Spain and Greece both have indicated opening for summer tourism so I can see some cruising resuming unless there are serious problems with these first cruises.  I have a late August Apex cruise booked leaving Barcelona with a Greece heavy itinerary.   I suspect that is why these cruises were not canceled and others were that had stops in countries that are unlikely to reopen in time.

Hope it works out for you but the virus is still surging in Spain, we are watching also as we have a Royal cruise out of Barcelona in October and right now give it only a 10% chance of sailing.  If things don't calm down with the virus in Spain they won't open the borders to cruising.

Europe is still off limits.  France has a surge of new covid cases. They are threatening another lockdown.  With all the restrictions and problems, summer cruises anywhere probably won’t happen.  I have a summer Med cruise booked which hasn’t been canceled yet.  Will likely cancel it myself soon.  Not a person who gets a thrill from unsafe travels.  I am not counting on the cruise line canceling it if it isn’t safe.  After getting stuck on a cruise last year when the pandemic started, I am still affected by the experience.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Cunard, P&O(UK) and Princess have all stated that they will be publishing Itineraries, later in March, for Coastal UK cruises. These will be for UK residents only. I suspect that Azamara will do something similar, as their ships are currently in Glasgow.

Not yet heard of any plans from CelebrityCruises.

I for one am looking forward to seeing what these "Coastal cruises"  from Princess and P&O look like, when they will be and the pricing. I hope Celebrity do think about following suit and if the Eurpoean cruises are cancelled, they put on some for UK residents or other EU nationals.

• Like 1

It’s all down to how quickly they can roll out the vaccine to a decent percentage,  most European countries are behind the UK by around a month. I still think the summer is out with real changes only happening in the Autumn. We have already decided we would not be comfortable flying anywhere this entire year and have bookings made in the UK.

Edited by yorky
  • Like 1

I have a July 30, 2021 British Isles out of Amsterdam on Celebrity final payment is due May 1st.

Reflection is still in Barbados.

Celebrity needs to cancel this cruise before final otherwise it will definitely show they just want $$.

Cancelling is the right thing to do for their passengers....If they don't I will have to figure out some way to get my NRD back and more than likely won't sail with them again. At this point an FCC or L/S won't work with their sail by dates for me.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

OK, you have my attention as we have a TA booked on the Apex leaving Barcelona on Oct 21, 2021 heading back to the US. Would it be possible for you to post the link where the 2021 Apex European cruises have been cancelled as there are still quite a few listed on their website?

Update: I found the European cancellations for the Edge and Constellation departing May - Oct 2021, but not for the Apex.

You are correct about Constellation. The info comes from the X website. The APEX TA on 5/1 has been cancelled so I think that throws summer Med cruises into the question mark category.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

I have a July 30, 2021 British Isles out of Amsterdam on Celebrity final payment is due May 1st.

Celebrity needs to cancel this cruise before final otherwise it will definitely show they just want $$.

Cancelling is the right thing to do for their passengers.  

We are also on an X cruise - Aug. on Infinity from Venice to Barcelona.  We were to be on the Connie Oct. 2020 (canceled) and did a L/S to this Aug. 2021.  And YES, X should cancel this cruise too being that final payment is due May 11.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Ashland, of course they just want money.  It’s a corporation, not a charity.  

All those big, or I would even say Huge companies are only intrested in their revenues and dollars. I doubt that there is anything else to it but money. And its true. Its capitalism, we have to adapt 

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Reflection is still in Barbados.

Cancelling is the right thing to do for their passengers....If they don't I will have to figure out some way to get my NRD back and more than likely won't sail with them again. At this point an FCC or L/S won't work with their sail by dates for me.

Why don't you just cancel? 

51 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Given the current situation with the virus surging in Spain and Italy and the UK moving to only short cruises, can anyone tell me any positive information that suggests European cruising may happen in 2021?

RCL is sailing from Israel in May to Greece.