Jump to content

NCL Counters CDC new phase with it's own plan. Really bold move.


Recommended Posts

https://www.otcdynamics.com/nclh-norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-ltd-submits-plan-to-cdc-and-will-be-ready-to-join-americas-national-opening/

Basically NCL says we will vaccinate all crew and require fully vaccinated guests if you drop all the other stuff you are trying to make us do.  I expect the CDC to deny the request, as it would take away the control they so seem to love over this industry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

https://www.otcdynamics.com/nclh-norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-ltd-submits-plan-to-cdc-and-will-be-ready-to-join-americas-national-opening/

Basically NCL says we will vaccinate all crew and require fully vaccinated guests if you drop all the other stuff you are trying to make us do.  I expect the CDC to deny the request, as it would take away the control they so seem to love over this industry.

 

I really cannot see 4 July 2021 being cruiseline Independence Day out of USA ports! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Therefore, we respectfully request the CDC lift the CSO for all NCLH cruise vessels departing from U.S. ports effective July 4, 2021."

 

Independence Day!   😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hamrag said:

 

I really cannot see 4 July 2021 being cruiseline Independence Day out of USA ports! 

Oh, I totally agree, I even said that I expect the CDC to deny it.  What I like is the change in posture from the cruise lines.  They are finally challenging the CDC rulings rather than sitting back and saying they are digesting the information or working to do the things in the order.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really strong letter and I appreciate that it’s open.  With the other cruise lines restarting in the Caribbean, it seemed like NCL was taking a back seat and waiting. I guess they have been working behind the scenes. 
 

Do I think it will happen? Highly unlikely, but I do have a cruise currently booked for 7/4 and it would be amazing if it would sail. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a cruise booked with my 18 year old granddaughter as one of the passengers. She is highly allergic to the vaccine. I wonder how that will be handled?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They just sent out a letter to travel agents that includes NO KIDS (unless vaccinated) until Nov 1st....

 

The safety and security of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our number one priority. In order to provide the safest cruise experience possible, all guests and crew will need to be fully vaccinated for all sailings with embarkation dates prior to October 31, 2021. Therefore, minors who have not yet been eligible to be vaccinated will not be permitted to sail on these voyages. Minors who have been fully vaccinated are welcome to sail.
Edited by oteixeira
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, knitlady037 said:

I have a cruise booked with my 18 year old granddaughter as one of the passengers. She is highly allergic to the vaccine. I wonder how that will be handled?

 

She won't be able to sail.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This was inevitable.  There is no way the CDC was going to open up cruising to the unvaccinated.  And I'm sure NCL wouldn't want to risk it either.  A very large majority of cruisers also don't want to cruise with the unvaccinated.  I like this move forward from NCL.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't imagine a government bureaucrat approving an exemption to the CDC order without any test cruises to validate NCL procedures.   Just will NOT happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, knitlady037 said:

I have a cruise booked with my 18 year old granddaughter as one of the passengers. She is highly allergic to the vaccine. I wonder how that will be handled?

 


This has varied from line to line - some have made exceptions for legitimate medical reasons, but I know many of the European lines have simply said "We're very sorry, you'll have to find another vacation to take."

 

Now I expect that to be temporary - once it gets to the point where 99% (or whatever percentage) are vaccinated, the occasional person who legitimately cannot receive it is otherwise protected by that 99%. But in a situation where they're trying desperately to return to cruising? I don't think they'd be willing to take the chance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I think NCL has run this one up the flagpole to see who salutes.  It will likely be approved and cruising will resume this summer across most lines with all-vaccinated ships.  Non-vaccinated people will have to wait until at least next year to cruise.  It should also be noted that masks and social distancing will be required even on all-vaccinated cruises.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, wolfie11 said:

I think NCL has run this one up the flagpole to see who salutes.  It will likely be approved and cruising will resume this summer across most lines with all-vaccinated ships.  Non-vaccinated people will have to wait until at least next year to cruise.  It should also be noted that masks and social distancing will be required even on all-vaccinated cruises.

 I love that NCL has taken this pro-active approach.    

Fully vaccinated first cruises make sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

 I love that NCL has taken this pro-active approach.    

Fully vaccinated first cruises make sense.

I agree. I personally do not want to be on a ship with unvaccinated people. If someone does not want to take the vaccine they have every right not to take it. I just don’t want to be on the ship with them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very well written letter; I commend FdR.  Now the onus is on CDC to come up with excuses on why they can't accept this proposal.

 

Marc

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, wolfie11 said:

 

 

I think NCL has run this one up the flagpole to see who salutes.  It will likely be approved and cruising will resume this summer across most lines with all-vaccinated ships.  Non-vaccinated people will have to wait until at least next year to cruise.  It should also be noted that masks and social distancing will be required even on all-vaccinated cruises.

I must admit I never wore a mask on a cruise but I always practiced some form of social distancing. We take the stairs, try to eat at tables for two when possible, wait until the crowd has thinned out when getting of the ship at ports of call, etc. There are just some people I didn’t want to be in close quarters with coughing, open sores, sneezing even before Covid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Very well written letter; I commend FdR.  Now the onus is on CDC to come up with excuses on why they can't accept this proposal.

 

Marc

I think they may be receptive to the proposal with one exception.  No test cruises in the proposal and I would not be surprised if they required at least some of those.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Crystal Cruises - New! Luxury Bahamas Escapes
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...