Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

3 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I loved being able order drinks from the app rather than leaving where I was to go to the bar (very convenient if you don’t want to miss any part of the show/trivia). The servers will locate you with your drink! Also loved being able to find my travel pals/kids if we were not together. The keyless entry didn’t sound important to me, but if you are coming back to your room with your hands full it definitely makes life easier!!! I’m excited about the new dining feature...

We do not order bar drinks much at all, but I don't find the one I want offered in the list and there is no option to custom-order a drink you know they make.  I have put this is as an enhancement suggestion at least twice.  I have had to go to the bar, tell them what I want and then pick a similar drink from the OCEAN Now menus that is same price and they override it.  That was easy the first time, but last cruise, the bar tenders weren't so keen on it.  I hope they have expanded menu to include ALL drinks.  The best would be to enter your own.  The bar could price it accordingly.

I really like the locate cruisemate option.  We don't use the messaging function as we just use WhatsApp since we have internet service.

The activity schedule was okay, but I prefer the Patter layout and the two didn't always agree. 

Keyless entry was convenient.

I very much like the coming feature for dining arrangements.

5 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

What's frustrating about the whole thing is that prior to their "upgrade" to the app, it worked perfectly for me.

Maybe the moderators can change the title of this thread?

Am I even allowed to say that?

6 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Maybe the moderators can change the title of this thread?

Am I even allowed to say that?

This first time user of Medallion App is not very impressed. No difficulty at all adding app to my iPhone. However, trying to sign in with E-mail or booking number simply  leaves the app. Have tried numerous times but oh well, tomorrow is another day. I'm sure my TA can figure it out and cruise isn't until August.

6 hours ago, Moondogy said:

maybe we'll have to go back to using these lol20190910_194014.jpg.8fdbe549d98c6a6af809e75dc3c57db7.thumb.jpg.3fdd82710e1d1e72de698c8c5efbb0ef.jpg

I have one of those too!  Ah the good old days of being guinea pigs and having to frequently find someone to let you into the cabin because neither the keycard nor the Medallion worked...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got the app on my Android phone.

Logged in OK. It allowed me to add 1 of my 4 booked cruises. Won't allow me to change things like Emerg. Contact (it has Guardian, can't change it to friend), my gender (not specified). I'm sure there are others, but I gave up.

Time to call (844) 525-0942? Or wait till closer to my Jan. '22 cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dog said:

My MedallionClass app has Blu Lane 0/4 on it today. What does that mean?

Mine says Blue Lane 3/4 (Arrival Status) with 3 items (of 4) on the Travel Checklist showing as complete. The only outstanding item is ‘Arrival & Departure Groups) which are not yet available - 1st September sailing date. Something is moving....😁

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Got the app on my Android phone.

Logged in OK. It allowed me to add 1 of my 4 booked cruises. Won't allow me to change things like Emerg. Contact (it has Guardian, can't change it to friend), my gender (not specified). I'm sure there are others, but I gave up.

Time to call (844) 525-0942? Or wait till closer to my Jan. '22 cruise.

I called the number and got the verbal equivalent of a shrug  - “we know there’s a problem and are working on it, sorry, don’t have any info beyond that.”

It took a while but I was able to log into the Medallion app successfully. I could upload my photos and complete other info… but it shows my long-since cancelled September Alaska cruise on Coral, not my recently-booked September one on Majestic. If I enter in my new booking number the app claims that one is already in place. Hoping this gets fixed by the time I need to order my Medallion!

(all the info on the website is correct - it’s just the app that is confused)

46 minutes ago, coastcat said:

I called the number and got the verbal equivalent of a shrug  - “we know there’s a problem and are working on it, sorry, don’t have any info beyond that.”

It took a while but I was able to log into the Medallion app successfully. I could upload my photos and complete other info… but it shows my long-since cancelled September Alaska cruise on Coral, not my recently-booked September one on Majestic. If I enter in my new booking number the app claims that one is already in place. Hoping this gets fixed by the time I need to order my Medallion!

(all the info on the website is correct - it’s just the app that is confused)

Great...not.

Guess I'll wait awile. There's no rush.

1 hour ago, coastcat said:

It took a while but I was able to log into the Medallion app successfully. I could upload my photos and complete other info… but it shows my long-since cancelled September Alaska cruise on Coral, not my recently-booked September one on Majestic. 

I have the same problem. My app shows a cruise cancelled months ago. Several cruises have been booked & cancelled, & that same cancelled cruise has never gone away. We have a new cruise booked, but that cancelled cruise is still there. Annoying!

3 hours ago, Moondogy said:

At least the app has my countdown to my next cruise right......451 days.....I wonder if they can get the rest of it fixed by then.....lol

The good news is that Princess just released an update for the app, at least on iOS. The bad news is that it still thinks I’m sailing on Coral Princess. 

27 minutes ago, Turk1 said:

So, who with Princess needs to be contacted to have the MedallionClass app also added to Amazon for the Kindle Fire devices?

In 2019 I was able to download the app after I installed Google Play on my Fire 7.  If you go on this web site, you can follow step by step instructions for getting Google Play on your Fire Tablet.  Just be certain to follow the steps in the proper sequence as mentioned in the web site's instructions.  Once you have successfully downloaded the Google Play Store on your Fire Tablet search the Google Store for "princess medallionclass app"  (medallionclass is one word)  The MedallionClass app worked just fine on my Fire last year when I took a February cruise on Regal.  Just be prepared for some frustration as the current version of the app is experiencing significant problems that need to be worked out by Princess.  Also, completing the process took a very long time due to the slow processor in the Fire Tablet.  I had to keep it downloading overnight but it finally got there.

Here is the link:  How to Install the Google Play Store on the Amazon Fire Tablet or Fire HD 8 (howtogeek.com)

I hope this helps.

I just downloaded the update to my iPhone.  It has a few more features such as the ability to select dining times for our August Alaska cruise and there is a new step 5 on the Travel Checklist for Health Status although that isn't available this early.  Still no arrival or departure groups but it could just be that those will appear closer to our sailing date.  Progress is good!

Well,  for those of you who can actually get the app to open, congrats!   I am still in the crash and burn mode...wish Princess would do more actual testing before they release their “new and improved” versions!!!

• Like 1

I am wondering if #5 (Health Status) will include all passengers certifying they have received all vaccines required by the government in the ports of call/countries being visited.  

This would eliminate the need for a passenger to show vaccine card in Florida but could result in a passengers removal from the ship if they don’t have proof of a vaccine when they disembark in a port of call.

Edited by Syracusefan44
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

I just downloaded the update to my iPhone.  It has a few more features such as the ability to select dining times for our August Alaska cruise and there is a new step 5 on the Travel Checklist for Health Status although that isn't available this early.  Still no arrival or departure groups but it could just be that those will appear closer to our sailing date.  Progress is good!

Would you please share where the dining choices show up?  Under which sub-menu, or the path to get there?  I am thinking our voyage(s) are too far out, but curious to know where to expect to see it.