Loving these CDC Guidelines!

nini

5 hours ago, Jemnibabe said:

Except for ships based in Florida will NOT be able to access your proof in the database due to the law signed by our wonderful gov. that prevents the ships from asking for vaccine proof of any kind.

We shall see.......

• Like 2

The whole pandemic and CDC response are fluid as this is unmarked territory.  Things are changing daily and the best solution is to simply stand by for the latest pronouncement.  If it comes down to it, it will be an interesting court battle in federal court between the state of FL and the CDC et al.  My money is on the CDC in this fight.  FL can talk big but they are most likely on the losing end.  BTW NCL and RCCL have announced that only vaccinated pax will be allowed on board (95%).  

there is NO database for Arizonans to access...we received a little white card that was handwritten...hope that is enough...each state has different protocols, unfortunately there is no federal database which can be accessed

41 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

there is NO database for Arizonans to access...we received a little white card that was handwritten...hope that is enough...each state has different protocols, unfortunately there is no federal database which can be accessed

I imagine there is a record somewhere that includes batch and other vaccine tracking data along with the arms in which it was injected.

2 hours ago, broberts said:

I imagine there is a record somewhere that includes batch and other vaccine tracking data along with the arms in which it was injected.

Probably with the medical provider that administered the vaccine. Certainly not accessible to any business or government entity.

15 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Given the CDC's stellar track record of understanding the cruise industry and setting requirements (requiring gangways be vacant for twelve hours between disembarking passengers and embarking passengers for instance), it's my opinion that the cruise lines should propose their own criteria that determines when a cruise would be terminated and then let the CDC approve, disapprove or suggest changes.

At some point there has to be a real definition of what would cause a ship to have to return to its home port. Saying a threshold is just too nebulous.

And I do think what you suggest is the logical first step towards getting that defined.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 8:46 PM, NSWP said:

The Princess ships sailing ex Southampton on Staycation require all pax to be vaccinated, but not the crew, bizarre.

aren't the passengers also required to carry covid insurance ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nini said:

I hope not. It will cost a fortune! We have our VAX card.

I had to have covid insurance for Costa Rica for two weeks.  I waived the trip cancellation coverage and the price was about $55. The Princess policy probably covers covid.

On 5/24/2021 at 5:58 AM, ontheweb said:

At some point there has to be a real definition of what would cause a ship to have to return to its home port. Saying a threshold is just too nebulous.

And I do think what you suggest is the logical first step towards getting that defined.

for test cruises the CDC says the definition is 1.5% of passengers or 1.0 % of crew.

3 hours ago, caribill said:

for test cruises the CDC says the definition is 1.5% of passengers or 1.0 % of crew.

That's a start picking a percentage rather than a specific number.

But, that is for test cruises. Have they set a threshold for real cruises?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

That's a start picking a percentage rather than a specific number.

But, that is for test cruises. Have they set a threshold for real cruises?

I would think the threshold would still be a percentile for the actual cruises...not a specific number.

2 hours ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

I would think the threshold would still be a percentile for the actual cruises...not a specific number.

You are probably correct, but on one of the super large newest ships that could mean several people could have Covid without the percentage being met.

30 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

You are probably correct, but on one of the super large newest ships that could mean several people could have Covid without the percentage being met.

That's a very true statement.  If they use 5% for example and have 3500 on board, you are talking about 175 people.  Honestly, with the number of folks vaccinated, the number of folks that have already had the virus (many of whom probably don't even know because they were asymptomatic), and the number of folks that are naturally immune I would find it difficult to meet that threshold.  Which, if Princess works the process correctly, positives would be quarantined and all others would continue as normal.  With the current knowledge of the virus and the very remote likelihood of vaccinated folks having enough viral load to either get sick or pass the virus along, I see cruises being uninterrupted even if some positive cases arise.

I know right now in SC, we have very low numbers...about 2-3% positive rate on tests and everything has been completely open for months.   Even our sports venues are open for full capacity.  Personal opinion is that the virus is under control as well as any virus could expect to be, so either we continue life "as normal as possible" or live in fear.  Science says normalization is the way ahead.  More likely now to get hit by a truck than die from COVID if you've been vaccinated.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

That's a very true statement.  If they use 5% for example and have 3500 on board, you are talking about 175 people.  Honestly, with the number of folks vaccinated, the number of folks that have already had the virus (many of whom probably don't even know because they were asymptomatic), and the number of folks that are naturally immune I would find it difficult to meet that threshold.  Which, if Princess works the process correctly, positives would be quarantined and all others would continue as normal.  With the current knowledge of the virus and the very remote likelihood of vaccinated folks having enough viral load to either get sick or pass the virus along, I see cruises being uninterrupted even if some positive cases arise.

I know right now in SC, we have very low numbers...about 2-3% positive rate on tests and everything has been completely open for months.   Even our sports venues are open for full capacity.  Personal opinion is that the virus is under control as well as any virus could expect to be, so either we continue life "as normal as possible" or live in fear.  Science says normalization is the way ahead.  More likely now to get hit by a truck than die from COVID if you've been vaccinated.

Thank you!

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 3:58 AM, ontheweb said:

1 percent of the crew or 1.5% of the passengers  same as with the test voyages.

While there might be  a change with the actual ships submitted plans, I do not see the CDC raising the number, nor do I see the cruise lines wanting a lower number.

Edited by nocl

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Freedom of the Seas - RCL 1st test cruise holds about 4,500 passengers at full capacity.  with the CDC required minimum 10% - 450 passengers @ 1.5% = 6 passengers

28 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Freedom of the Seas - RCL 1st test cruise holds about 4,500 passengers at full capacity.  with the CDC required minimum 10% - 450 passengers @ 1.5% = 6 passengers

I think there is a problem with your math. 1.5% of 4500 is 67.5. (Maybe the half passenger is a child.)

36 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I think there is a problem with your math. 1.5% of 4500 is 67.5. (Maybe the half passenger is a child.)

CDC required minimum of 10% for the test cruises , sorry 😉

the 7th case would put over the threshold 

Edited by voljeep

Just got an email from Celebrity.  Very Informative and exemplifies what might be coming as other cruise lines open up cruising...  Here is part of that email:  "...All Celebrity ships will sail with a vaccinated crew. U.S. guests ages 16 and older must be fully vaccinated and, as of August 1, 2021, all U.S. guests ages 12 and older must be fully vaccinated. Requirements for Non-U.S. guests vary and more details can be found by visiting https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea."

• Like 2

I like the new CDC. Regs, but not CCL no vax required, wear a mask, etc.   I think RCL and Celeberty rules look better.  I have 6 cruises booked for 2022, but not under CCL’s current protocols.  Hopefully, things will change.