New round of cancellations and new cruises list

36 minutes ago, Love2cruise77 said:

Lift and shift, 125% FCC, refund

Someone in another group said L&S wasn't available to them.

Is it the same criteria as before?  I just want to be somewhat prepared before I call and sit on hold 😉

Just spoke to C & A rep.  She seemed to be humored by all of this.  Just the three options.  We will have to take the refund I guess.  We are booked for Dec out of Miami but don't trust how that will work out.  All very sad.  I asked if the Liberty was going to drydock and she said she had no info on that situation.  She said that right now this is all about repositioning ships for new sailings.  

3 minutes ago, slvrbllt said:

Someone in another group said L&S wasn't available to them.

Is it the same criteria as before?  I just want to be somewhat prepared before I call and sit on hold 😉

This is the criteria listed in today's announcement:

• Our Lift & Shift option is perfect for your clients who simply wish to move their existing reservation to next year, while protecting their original cruise fare and promotion. Select a qualifying cruise in 2022 on the same itinerary, sailing length, embarkation port, stateroom category and departing within +/- 2-weeks of the original cruise date. Then, give us a call and we’ll take care of the rest!

14 minutes ago, poocher said:

So will Harmony be coming back to the US?  We have her booked in March.  Is it normal (whatever THAT is) for her to spend time in the Mediterranean then return to the US?

Yes, completely normal. After her European summer season, she is supposed to be doing a transatlantic sailing on 31 October. That sailing has not been cancelled yet and is currently in limbo due to the CDC's ban on cruises longer than 7 nights. Whether it will actually go ahead with passengers is anyone's guess. But one way or the other she should be back in the US mid-November.

• Thanks 1

If I get the FCC - can I apply it to another cruise that I already have booked (in December) but have not fully paid for yet? Just confused because the wording says I can apply it to any new cruise.

Thanks.

Edited by BeagleAgility

40 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

No, the list you provided above says the Aug. 19 and 26 HOS sailings from Rome are also cancelled.

She is interporting with people embarking in both Rome and Barcelona. The Barcelona sailings are slated to start on 15 August but looks like there will be no embarking in Rome for the first two weeks. 

52 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What about Harmony for September 2021?

I know you weren't really expecting  a cancelation for September. Get ready to make final payment if you haven't already and hold your breath until August.

47 minutes ago, Love2cruise77 said:

Lift and shift, 125% FCC, refund

My 125% FCC says "to book a new cruise by April 30, 2022."  It is supposed to be issued by July 2, 2022 if I do nothing.  However, at this point, I would prefer to apply that FCC to cruises I am already booked on this coming winter. I know they were allowing you to do that as well as split any FCC across multiple existing sailings. Do you think this wording "in bold type, no less" is a change in that policy?

Just received our email from RC concerning our August 16 Mariner...our bad luck continues....

They will start sailing the next week on the 23rd; however, our Southwest tickets expire on August 16.

UGH!

4 minutes ago, gdwest said:

Just received our email from RC concerning our August 16 Mariner...our bad luck continues....

They will start sailing the next week on the 23rd; however, our Southwest tickets expire on August 16.

UGH!

Contact Southwest - they are great to work with and will probably honor the change even with expiration.

Good luck.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tolkmit said:

This is the criteria listed in today's announcement:

• Our Lift & Shift option is perfect for your clients who simply wish to move their existing reservation to next year, while protecting their original cruise fare and promotion. Select a qualifying cruise in 2022 on the same itinerary, sailing length, embarkation port, stateroom category and departing within +/- 2-weeks of the original cruise date. Then, give us a call and we’ll take care of the rest!

Thanks... just got my email from Royal confirming the same.  They say hold time is 8 minutes... we'll see 😄   

10 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

My 125% FCC says "to book a new cruise by April 30, 2022."  It is supposed to be issued by July 2, 2022 if I do nothing.  However, at this point, I would prefer to apply that FCC to cruises I am already booked on this coming winter. I know they were allowing you to do that as well as split any FCC across multiple existing sailings. Do you think this wording "in bold type, no less" is a change in that policy?

Do yourself a favor and forgo the 25% and take the cash and apply it to your winter cruise. All these FCC's do is complicate matters.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I know you weren't really expecting  a cancelation for September. Get ready to make final payment if you haven't already and hold your breath until August.

Yeah, I know, not what we were hoping for but that is what we are going to have to do fork over the final to RCCL.

Something they can do though they might do earlier is if cruises open up in the US, bring the ship back to the US earlier and start cruising from the US. I bet they would make ALOT more money from the US right now then those Europe sailings during that same time frame.

Bet they could make a bundle sailing from Bayonne, NJ (Cape Liberty)

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

Just now, Iamcruzin said:

Do yourself a favor and forgo the 25% and take the cash and apply it to your winter cruise. All these FCC's do is complicate matters.

I agree w/ that philosophy.  As we approach either a) the initial goat-rope when ships actually sail, or b) liquidation of cruise lines, I've finally been enlightened to sit on the sidelines instead of rebooking.

• Like 2