Adventure of the Seas – The First Voyage

6 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

I would interpret that as people who booked directly, not using a travel agent, do not need to complete the form. I'm guessing I'm wrong though? Confusing.

I am a TA and booked Air2Sea from Royal.  So from what I am seeing, Royal will just let us know what time we depart to head to the airport

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RoamingRetirees said:

It sounds me that if you book your flights through Royal (Air2Sea), you don't have to complete it--they will already know your flight info.

that is what I saw, so guessing don't have to do anything

1 hour ago, CruiszBug said:

Hoping to book transfer with Royal Caribbean even though I didn't use Air2Sea?

This can be done. I booked my own air with Delta then called TA and she contacted RC and I was able to purchase transfers both ways. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

There is absolute no reason (Covid related) to remove them. 

It would always amaze me to see the huge pile of paper that had been delivered to our cabin during a cruise. Possibly, RC is being more environmentally conscious and it utilizing technology in a good way. I would totally support that. Every little bit helps.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

What app are you using to scan the QR code’s for dinner? I have an iPhone. Thanks 

As h2oskibum said, the camera will scan it, then bring up a small alert box that you tap and it takes you to the menu within the Royal App.  You can also access all the menus directly from the Royal app, even before sailing.  I can see them already and I’m 60+ days out.  Once onboard, you can use the Royal app to make reservations 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sixbirches said:

utilizing technology in a good way. 

I support saving trees

but should someone have to buy a smart phone to cruise

Maybe I just like to use my flip phone😲 😁

old phone.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

What app are you using to scan the QR code’s for dinner? I have an iPhone. Thanks 

You point your iPhone camera toward the QR code and it is smart enough to recognize it. It will put up a “button” at the top of your picture. Push that button and it will take you to the proper place. Website for checkout or the Royal app for a menu. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sixbirches said:

It would always amaze me to see the huge pile of paper that had been delivered to our cabin during a cruise. Possibly, RC is being more environmentally conscious and it utilizing technology in a good way. I would totally support that. Every little bit helps.

And I'd immediately throw away everything but the compass too. I had started using my phone to view it more and more since I'd have my phone for photos/music/reading. I hope that if they're switching over to it they've made it more useful. Namely a way to "highlight" the things I'm interested and preferably ability to set up notifications to remind me of the things I've put on my list. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoamingRetirees said:

It sounds me that if you book your flights through Royal (Air2Sea), you don't have to complete it--they will already know your flight info.

We booked our own air, but booked our transfers through Air2Sea… which required us to provide all flight details. 

I am not sure how to get to the airport without a transfer. The old taxi lane is now rows of construction trailers. And there really isn’t a pickup zone out on the narrow lane in front of the dock (other than for Royal Transfer minibuses). 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We booked our own air, but booked our transfers through Air2Sea… which required us to provide all flight details. 

I am not sure how to get to the airport without a transfer. The old taxi lane is now rows of construction trailers. And there really isn’t a pickup zone out on the narrow lane in front of the dock (other than for Royal Transfer minibuses). 

Any discussion onboard about Royal cancelling most of Odyssey July sailings due to crew covid outbreak?

Just now, honeymooner16 said:

I know you mentioned there are only a few kids onboard, but any information on how the kids clubs are functioning? Are they open?

It was reported elsewhere that it was open with limited spots available. But with so few kids on board I'm guessing they didn't turn anyone away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sixbirches said:

other than the cruise compass, the rest is just useless advertising

Edited by cruisegus
  • Like 6

Social Distancing impacts. 

There is one ice show and one theater show due to the reduced capacity of the theaters. Each plays 4 or 5 times. While it may be hard to see, this is Studio B. There are 5 sections (2 on each side and 1 and the entrance end) of about 140 seats. Because of social distancing requirements, those sections only will seat about 24 people. The section may look sparse, but except for a couple of seats (front left), it is at max capacity. All seat with white covers are blocked. The first two rows are fully blocked. Every other row is blocked. 

75A6B7E0-847F-43C1-B4CE-9F57BE206C0C.thumb.jpeg.f710e8bce7bf693c6cc16c52fadb4585.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1