LAFFNVEGAS "LIVE" from the Nieuw Amsterdam, First HAL Ship to Sail!!

LAFFNVEGAS

17 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Good Morning, we checked out of our room and are now waiting in the Fountain Lounge very near the Holland Amsterdam Concierge Desk. They told us the Bus will be here at 11 and we will load up and head to pier 91. 
It look to be a beautiful day for a cruise 😊

I will say finding breakfast was not overly easy,  we were going to have breakfast here at the hotel, but the menu ended up being for room service, they made it sound like it was at the Club Sheraton on the 32nd floor. It end up that is only a buffet that  was $32 pp for absolutely nothing fancy basically what you get for free at Hampton Inn or other similar. It was all self service so with all that in mind we decided to go look near the hotel. Well stopping at three places near by that we thought would be open and we’re not we came back and just got the breakfast sandwiches at the Starbucks in the Hotel lobby. We will need to investigate further for when we return in September.

there are currently now 18 total of us waiting for the bus to take us to the pier.

I hope to get pictures and possibly video of embarkation. We will see what I can manage. Also more changes to our Navigator today, I did screenshots below.

1D457CB2-4549-4385-86D7-1548BE29B0F1.jpeg

1AB78B49-92FF-4005-AF35-71C9D5179D34.png

B48CEE4E-9C3B-4909-959A-C35221FAB9C1.png

Don't worry you will see a lot of food very soon..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

For those who are subscribed to FB Seth Wayne Hal’s Brand Ambassador  just did a live ribbon cutting ceremony as the first guest boarded the Nieuw Amsterdam. 

The crew is pumped. You rewatch on FB. On FB search just type in Seth Wayne Holland America!

He will have a live broadcast at Sail Away at 3:30 Pacific time.

• Like 7

I am watching this and crying.  What will it be like when we actually board the Zaandam in 11 months.  I had better bring a bunch of tissues. Thanks for telling us about Facebook.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, S&B said:

I am watching this and crying.  What will it be like when we actually board the Zaandam in 11 months.  I had better bring a bunch of tissues. Thanks for telling us about Facebook.

It was pretty emotional. Just imagine if you were there!😁

• Like 5

4 hours ago, atexsix said:

https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/

OMG Lisa, @LAFFNVEGAS take a peek at the Juneau cam as it pans out over the water and you're going to be grateful you brought warm clothes, looks like Seattle in November 😁  A cold 53 degree rain that we would love some of down here.

Sounds normal for Juneau - plus usually raining. Missing last year doesn't change the normal conditions there, unfortunately.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

For those who are subscribed to FB Seth Wayne Hal’s Brand Ambassador  just did a live ribbon cutting ceremony as the first guest boarded the Nieuw Amsterdam. 

The crew is pumped. You rewatch on FB. On FB search just type in Seth Wayne Holland America!

He will have a live broadcast at Sail Away at 3:30 Pacific time.

thanks.  It was fabulous and so nice to see the happy, smiling crew. 😃 

The nice thing about the live feeds is that they can be replayed later 👍 

Loved to hear - once you’re on the ship you can take off your mask.

• Like 3

Just now, kazu said:

thanks.  It was fabulous and so nice to see the happy, smiling crew. 😃 

The nice thing about the live feeds is that they can be replayed later 👍 

Loved to hear - once you’re on the ship you can take off your mask.

Your welcome. Looking forward to watching Seth at 3:30 Pacific for an on-board Sail Away!

Dang we miss cruising!🛳

• Like 4