Captain Kate

somat

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Her popularity must be waning, according to a recent post, the occupancy for the last several cruises was les than 33%. I can't believe that number is anywhere near the number they were shooting for.

What a silly conclusion. Occupancy has been dropping on other ships too, and it has nothing to do with Captain Kate. 

• Like 12

Got to chat with her a little last month when I sailed on the EDGE.  She said she was on board the ship during shut down.  So, she just didn't just "get there".  She was due for a vacation (actually, long overdue) and said she was taking some time off on September.  Sounds like September is here and she's taking time off.

Agree that she's a huge asset to Celebrity.

I don't think there was any expectations that occupancy was going up once school started.  The impression I got was they were expecting it to go down a bit once parents had to be home during their children's start of school.  That's happening.

I also heard that 40% occupancy is what they were shooting for on those first cruises back.  They hit those numbers pretty easily.

33% capacity sailing now isn't surprising or unexpected, especially for those cruises going out of FL, given it's one of the epicenters of COVID spread right now.  

I expect sailing numbers will head back up once FL gets their act together and when the kids start getting vaxed in greater numbers.  FL vax numbers are already starting to dramatically head up, too.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Her popularity must be waning, according to a recent post, the occupancy for the last several cruises was les than 33%. I can't believe that number is anywhere near the number they were shooting for.

This is amazing. Not only does Kate McCue captain a vessel but she is also responsible for marketing, advertising and securing bookings. Wonder if she gets a commission? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

What?  How do you come to that conclusion?

Captain Kate was on the Edge for a large portion of the shutdown for cruises, I'm pretty sure she said she didn't leave the ship for a year or so. Anyway, she is a great asset to Celebrity. A fantastic captain and a genuine good person. She is most likely taking her well-deserved 2-3 months vacation and will return afterwards. 

To grandgeezer and LouChamp - why make those types of comments? Simply move along and don't say anything. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cot427 said:

Captain Kate was on the Edge for a large portion of the shutdown for cruises, I'm pretty sure she said she didn't leave the ship for a year or so. Anyway, she is a great asset to Celebrity. A fantastic captain and a genuine good person. She is most likely taking her well-deserved 2-3 months vacation and will return afterwards. 

To grandgeezer and LouChamp - why make those types of comments? Simply move along and don't say anything. 

Captain Kate does seem to have quite the following, while I don't do tiktok or any other social media, I watch with interest what folks here post.  She is a wonderful brand ambassador for her employer!!!  

• Like 2