Informal poll regarding Ocean Ready Travel Checklist Steps 1-5 completion within 30 days of embarkation

Steelers36

Informal poll regarding Ocean Ready Travel Checklist Steps 1-5 completion within 30 days of embarkation  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been able to complete registration in the MC App and achieve Green Lane status by at least 30 days prior to sail date?

• YES
    • NO
  2. 2. If answer to Question 1 is YES, then please indicate your device and if you had difficulties in getting fully Ocean Ready (to Green Lane).

• I use Apple device and had issues
    • I use Apple device and did not have issues
    • I use Android device and had issues
    • I use Android device and did not have issues

@Ombud asked me for help to create this poll that she is curious about. 

I was going to add a question if you had also tried to book Dining Reservations in DMW (MDR) and were successful and got what you wanted.  But, there is a limit to questions.  Please help her out with providing responses.

@Ombud, let me know when you want it stopped or it will keep going as long as people respond.

PS - Your responses are anonymous.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Steelers36 said:

@Ombud asked me for help to create this poll that she is curious about. 

I was going to add a question if you had also tried to book Dining Reservations in DMW (MDR) and were successful and got what you wanted.  But, there is a limit to questions.  Please help her out with providing responses.

@Ombud, let me know when you want it stopped or it will keep going as long as people respond.

My answer to booking dining in DMW is that I have only recently accomplished what I set out to get, and had many issues along the way.  I also am not totally confident what I have will remain as such up through sail date.  But fingers crossed and such.

• Thanks 1

I was able to make DMW reservations for our Fall 2021 cruise when it became available (June?). Also made DMW reservations for our 2022 cruises in Spring & Fall. After one update lost reservations which I redid & no problems with other MC app updates on my Apple mobile devices.

41 minutes ago, jwattle said:

I had no issues, but know that at least on Cruise Critic we are among the lucky few. 

My device is a Samsung Galaxy Z3 Fold 5G

We have had no issues with cruises booked thru 2023.  We use Samsung Galaxy S10's.

• Like 1

I've had issues galore since October. Had one of the text on board the enchanted in December fix my problems by adding up and we linking all my bookings to my account. And my problem has gone back to where all my bookings have completely disappeared all nine of them therefore I can't do anything. But the issue I have has nothing to do with the phone I have that's a developmental team issue where they did some Miss coding that unlinked my account to all my bookings and it's missing in cyber space.

17 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

I've had issues galore since October. Had one of the text on board the enchanted in December fix my problems by adding up and we linking all my bookings to my account. And my problem has gone back to where all my bookings have completely disappeared all nine of them therefore I can't do anything. But the issue I have has nothing to do with the phone I have that's a developmental team issue where they did some Miss coding that unlinked my account to all my bookings and it's missing in cyber space.

The missing link?  🌍   Are yours still missing?

Were these b2b’s?

Mine are.  They are there, I just can’t see them on the App.  That’s an issue, you can’t do DMW or wifi purchase.  I guess that guest services OB can link them.

Just hate to start out the cruise with problems at guest services.  🙃

I'm going on a b2b starting this Thursday fortunately most of my information was still loaded from my last cruise.  I did have to change my address and had a little bit of trouble with that for sending my medallion but got it figured out on dmw I was able to make one crown grill reservation but will not let me make anymore specialty reservations.  But can make drm reservations.

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

The missing link?  🌍   Are yours still missing?

Were these b2b’s?

Mine are.  They are there, I just can’t see them on the App.  That’s an issue, you can’t do DMW or wifi purchase.  I guess that guest services OB can link them.

Just hate to start out the cruise with problems at guest services.  🙃

Yes and no. This happened actually before I booked it back to back in addition to my sailings. Luckily on most sailings my dad is tagging along but on a secret booking number so we're able to do the DMW through him. But on the ones where I'm traveling solo that's a little tricky. As far as internet purchase if you call Princess up through their booking line not the ocean Navigator which there was really zero wait time when I did it last week they were able to put my internet order in for the sailings I need it for example like my most upcoming sailing in 3 weeks.

Personally I'm pretty positive the issue has to do with anytime I cancel booking to rebook it as prices have gone down and they can only do a particular rate via new bookings. So when that occurs that's where the glitch goes haywire.

Edited by Jeter02
  • Thanks 1

I had issues last summer when they first rolled the thing out and I was trying to get Ocean Ready for our August cruise on the Majestic.  Had lots of email communications with the Medallion team and sent them a lot of screen shots of issues and after each fix let them know what did and didn't work.  Well whatever they did seemed to stick as completing the info for our cruise in a couple of weeks was very easy.

I had difficulty with DMW in late summer but it has been fine for a number of months. I had a change made to the location for one night on the day of boarding on a cruise earlier this month but it was fine for the rest of the cruise. We were booked at a private table for 2 in the same dining room at the same time each night on that cruise and booked for 3 future cruises with no problem 

• Like 1

I had problems booking dining for my August cruise on the Majestic. I called and had a rep help me. She also did my embarkation group assignment at the same time. It wasn't working for me. I did not have any problems booking either for my cruise last month or my cruise next month.

We booked a cruise for January 2nd less than 1 month before.  I went into my Medallion app on my Apple SE 2020 phone and was able to access that cruise and update all my info.  I tried to update my DH's information and discovered that none of his data carried over from his other cruise records.  So I checked the app on his phone and our original 3 cruises were still there but the new cruise is not.  I logged into his Cruise Personalizer on line.  The cruise with the limited info now kept on the Personalizer was there.  After ½ hour spent with a CSR on Chat – it was obvious that the problem was too complex for them to analyze. They suggested waiting a few days or just checking in at the port. After reading many of the suggestions here I tried the quick access login and was able to locate my DH's record with very minimal information filled in.  I proceeded to manually fill in all the required documentation and take his security photo over approximately 2 hours which included at least 4 reboots following the white screen of death. 

On the bright side, we had no issues with DMW probably because we were in Club Class where no reservations are necessary.  But I can tell you I've had a major issue with promo dining on our July 2022 cruise but I'll save that for whatever iteration of this poll is on Cruise Critic in June!

• Thanks 1

It is great to see a large percentage of folks responding on CC have had success getting OCEAN Ready for your voyages. 

I have to say, I am surprised at the somewhat high level of folks who never had an issue getting OCEAN Ready.  There have been many posts about the struggles with MC App, so it seems odd to me, but at the same time encouraging. 

• Like 1

I am also surprised considering the three threads and thousands of posts.  Not to mention the rating on the app sites.  Must be the same people complaining (on the threads) over and over again.  

🙋🏻‍♀️ (me)

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

It is great to see a large percentage of folks responding on CC have had success getting OCEAN Ready for your voyages. 

I have to say, I am surprised at the somewhat high level of folks who never had an issue getting OCEAN Ready.  There have been many posts about the struggles with MC App, so it seems odd to me, but at the same time encouraging. 

The app was Not ready to be rolled out last summer when cruises resumed. 
I left it alone and by September things just fell in place. No issues since mid September for me 

7 hours ago, jwattle said:

I had no issues, but know that at least on Cruise Critic we are among the lucky few. 

My device is a Samsung Galaxy Z3 Fold 5G

WAIT ! .... 🎱 you have a galaxy Z3 ...amazing piece of technology .

• Haha 2

No problems getting Ocean Ready. I had no problems with DMW for MDR. I did have a problem booking for a Specialty Restaurant, an error kept occurring. However after the last Medallion Class update, it worked fine. I did the bookings for linked guests and us for both MDR and Specialty Dining. I’m using an iPhone 11.

• Like 2