What will I notice that’s different & all questions consolidated?

envy4u

We have been to the last 4 on the Caribbean P with another coming on Sat.  In the past a senior officer would sit at each table but that is not happening.  On the first lunch no officers came but since then we got photo with Captain and several other officers were there to say hello.  After brief speech by Captain, they leave.  I got counts for some of the event and they were in lower 400 range.  We have had 4 tables of 6 and 2 tables of 8.

• Like 2

When I called (post #3), I did it just after they opened at 8:00 am Pacific time. The wait was only a few minutes.  I gave up the day before after being on hold for more than 45 minutes. Again, I would not be calling, if you have plenty of time.  I did it, because our cruise was less than a week away.

10 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

My husband cruises tomorrow on the Ruby Princess. This cruise was booked just a few weeks ago, but he has never been able to select a boarding group or answer the medical questionnaire. He was unconcerned but I decided to take this on as a challenge. 

I phoned Princess Saturday, chose the Medallion option and requested a call back. A couple of hours later I received a call in which I was told the app was not working that day and to call again this week. 

I phoned Princess yesterday, chose the Medallion option and requested a call back. I finally had to leave the house so I wrote down his booking number, put one AirPod in my ear, and started driving. I eventually received a call back. I relayed the booking number and was told that there was no such booking.  Thinking my call had possibly cut out, we tried two more times.  No, he was quoting the booking number I had written down, and told me again there was no such booking. He transferred me as a “high priority” to customer relations. 

Customer relations agent found the booking immediately (whew) but said they could do nothing to fix the Medallion App, but then told me (I’m not joking) that the the check in process could be completed online in the Cruise Personalizer. I asked how long that had been possible and was told he didn’t know. 

Of course, that’s not true at the current time. 

Finally, I phoned Princess this morning, chose the Medallion option and requested a call back. About an hour later I got one. The Medallion rep could replicate the same issue we’ve been having (app freezes when he tries to choose a boarding group, also can’t complete health questionnaire) and said she would submit a work order for the fix. When I pointed out that he leaves tomorrow, she said it was being escalated but there were no promises. 

We’ve used the app for three other cruises since the startup. Only for the most recent cruise did it work without issue (Dine My Way excepted, of course). The check in process on the app is a fail, the customer service associated with the broken app is a fail. 

Thanks for the detail report.  You sure tried. 

• Like 1

I mailed via snail mail about 3 week ago and OBC not yet applied. Mail usually takes 2 days to get from Northern to Southern California. Normally OBC is applied within 2 weeks. I emailed 2nd request today and the auto response was allow 21 days. We are weeks from sailing so I guess we are at the bottom of the pile, which makes sense. I was afraid they were ignoring my request because I only get quarterly statements (last statement closed 12/31/2021), which is not dated within 90 days of sailing but I guess they are just behind and processing in order of sail date vs. receipt date. That makes total sense.

I’ll add that, at least on the Feb 3 sailing on Grand out of LA, not only had ES been cleared to board by noon, in fact the entire boarding lounge was cleared.  One continuous walk from the parking lot to the cabin.  Total time from trunk close to suitcase on the bed … 15 minutes.

• Like 2

On 2/9/2022 at 1:08 AM, Steelers36 said:

OH .. THAT issue.  I thought I read where people were scrolling back by year.  It certainly is a stupid and amateurish programming effort for a date field.  

ETA:  I wonder if a trick is to manually set the date on your phone to your BD, do the entry in MC App, and then change phone setting to auto set the date.  Might be faster in long run.

Any chance you've tried to enter the date by using the "new" website version of the App? I just tried unsuccessfully to access two of our upcoming trips, and still can't log in to two of our four bookings. When I try to log in by entering my name, Booking Reference and date of birth, the date field is coded so that we can select dates of birth literally from 0AD all the way up to 10028AD !  The dates scroll by so fast I lack the hand/eye coordination to select a date in the 20th century .  Fortunately I can still type in the date, just not select it from the scroll. I've been pretty patient with those programmers up to now, but this is a bridge too far.  Absolutely staggering ;o(

Edited by lx200gps
  • Like 1

Given what I was told by Customer Service two days ago, and what I’m starting to read here on CC about the website check in being available, I tried again last night.  Of course, for my husband’s cruise departing today, by the time the website check in was available a couple of days ago, the Personalizer had closed. But this morning I’ve just tried to do an online check in for his cruise departing in 6 weeks. Sure enough, I found the link to the website in his Personalizer and just checked him in- kinda- for that cruise.

I had no trouble choosing his birth day and year (and his year goes back a ways 😉), and no issues with scrolling through the dates, but it won’t accept the Medallion Pay that was already in the database, and I get the white screen of death for a couple of things also. It’s definitely a work in progress but it is also a huge improvement. I’m still more than a little peeved that Princess initially took such a cavalier attitude re: everyone MUST use the app to check in (have your grandson do it!) that people felt they actually had to (and did) buy new smart phones just to cruise with Princess. That’s inexcusable. 

My DH is en route to SFO as I type. I’ll post here again when I find out how his check in process goes this morning without being Ocean Ready. I know they are going to be testing at the terminal (Hawaii itinerary) so it’s not going to be a speedy process even if all goes smoothly.  

DCE7C2A3-A873-4560-8370-443B5FE17FF7.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

My DH is en route to SFO as I type. I’ll post here again when I find out how his check in process goes this morning without being Ocean Ready. I know they are going to be testing at the terminal (Hawaii itinerary) so it’s not going to be a speedy process even if all goes smoothly.  

I'm very interested in hearing about his check in process, as we are sailing from LA to Hawaii on March 10.  We were green lane and ready to go, but now the cruise has disappeared completely off the app and the IT people can't seem to fit it.  (It is in my personalizer so no worries that it's been cancelled in error.) So even though it's a different embarkation port, I'm anxious to hear how it goes.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

OK...dumb question here!  As far as I can tell, there is no "level" named "Elite"...so I assume that you are considered Elite after reaching one of the published tiers.  What level would that be?

Blue

Gold

Ruby ( formerly Medallion )

Platinum

Elite

4 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

OK...dumb question here!  As far as I can tell, there is no "level" named "Elite"...so I assume that you are considered Elite after reaching one of the published tiers.  What level would that be?

I am not sure I understand your question but Elite status/level is/was 150 days cruised or 15 cruises sailed. Your medallion color is black if you have Elite status.