Yay just received free upgrade

RJAM3

Nice - congratulations! Enjoy your cruise and let us know how you like Discovery! We'll be on her in November (replacement cruise for the early March sailing that got cancelled). Would love to hear what you think.

2 hours ago, MJU said:

Were you on deck 9?  If so what section?  I have heard they are moving people from Dolphin for quarantine

I had a aft premium deluxe balcony on Discovery in April and was moved  to Baja deck last week due to using them for quarantine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reina del Mar said:

Don’t think the Upgrade Fairy knows where we live..have done over 25 cruises and not a sniff !!!!!

Princess already has you "hooked" - they're fishing for the "blues and golds" with the upgrades to see what they 'catch' for future cruises after experiencing the balcony/mini/sweet life

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

Princess already has you "hooked" - they're fishing for the "blues and golds" with the upgrades to see what they 'catch' for future cruises after experiencing the balcony/mini/sweet life

It works. I used to only book outside obstructed. Upgraded to outside unobstructed which became my next favorite. Upgraded to balcony and couldn't go back. Once to Premium Balcony. Last upgraded to mini-suite but had 3 already with balcony. Found my sweet spot -- Premium Balcony 

Once I go up I cannot go back

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Billybobjoeken said:

Is there a secret for getting an upgrade?

Yes, but it involves several incantations and the sacrifice of a goat or two, 😂 Actually no one seems to know for sure. Congrats to the OP for their upgrade!

4 hours ago, Doug R. said:

Yes, but it involves several incantations and the sacrifice of a goat or two. 

Remember: it's three turns clockwise, and two counter-clockwise. 

Do NOT get that backwards! Shudder.

I'm still having nightmares after making that mistake.

• Haha 2

We are sailing 2/26 on the Sky Princess. We had a mid aft balcony cabin on Baja.  We received an “upgrade” to C255. BD to BB.  Not a great deal IMO. It’s forward at the stairway and a connecting cabin.  I called my PVP to refuse the move.  He said he would put us back but I’m looking at available cabins and all mid aft cabins on all decks are closed to bookings. Any ideas what’s going on?   

12 hours ago, voljeep said:

I agree ,we sail on Ruby next Friday we booked a guarantee as did our Gold level friends .We are platinum and got a balcony on Lido ..they got aft cabin over wake........my feathers were ruffled over this for a while . However we are closer to the things we enjoy so over it now .