Cruise compass Papers

Just off of Symphony 5/7/22 and no, they are NOT being delivered to your cabin every night. Nor were they printed and left at the Customer Service area. I asked our Stateroom attendant & the Customer Service Staff and they all said it's on the app (check your phone). Finally, went to the Diamond lounge and the concierge printed them for me  when he saw me come in. I found looking at the paper copy I had less chance of messing things I wanted to do. 

• Thanks 1

I read somewhere if you’re over 65 you get a print copy delivered!🚢🏖 I’m guessing that’s pretty much everyone. I’ve got the app and have been have been using it to look up activities for cruise in 3 days. Boomer here so not used to it but trying.

Loved highlighting next days activities on printed compass! 💃🏽
Never miss an activity that way!👍

So I guess we are eventually going to use our phones on cruise 🚢 instead of putting em away!🙏Namaste!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

On Oasis last week they were on the bed each night without having to ask. Also at Guest Services.

mac_tlc

Interesting … nothing is ever consistent on Royal.

We were on Oasis for 2 weeks in March and April.  Guest Services did not have any copies and had a sign posted to use the app.  

We requested them from our cabin steward  and he left them every evening.

I was very happy that they quit leaving all the flyers every night about spa offers, art auctions, shop sales, etc.

They have been delivered every evening on all nine of our cruises since the restart (3 on Allure and 6 on Harmony). All of the other lap c%$p that used to be stuffed inside of them is gone however.

I had to pretty much beg on Odyssey.  You room steward will “try” to get them for you.  I wanted day one and someone at guest services finally found me one.  I use the app but it’s not always right or updated.  Our meal reservations were never right on the app.  

I really just like them to keep them.  I’m one of “those” people.  But they are neatly stored in labeled folders.  My kids can toss them when I die. 

On Jewel now, b2b, paper without a problem.  Was in the cabin 1st day and advised attendant to continue delivering.  No problem.  Have noticed also being left on cabin doors.  Did ask for sheet with officer names and bios and have noticed that the sheet is at guest services now.

20 hours ago, texmat said:

Are the cruise compass papers being delivered every evening like the past?

As a rule no, I asked our cabin person to make sure I got a paper copy of the Compass every day, and he took care of it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TennisCruiser62 said:

Just off of Symphony 5/7/22 and no, they are NOT being delivered to your cabin every night. Nor were they printed and left at the Customer Service area. I asked our Stateroom attendant & the Customer Service Staff and they all said it's on the app (check your phone). Finally, went to the Diamond lounge and the concierge printed them for me  when he saw me come in. I found looking at the paper copy I had less chance of messing things I wanted to do. 

It is not so much missing things, I just find it so much easier just to read the Compass rather than trying to find everything on that app.  I use the app for what I have to, but I want my paper Compass

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cementhands said:

I read somewhere if you’re over 65 you get a print copy delivered!🚢🏖 I’m guessing that’s pretty much everyone. I’ve got the app and have been have been using it to look up activities for cruise in 3 days. Boomer here so not used to it but trying.

Loved highlighting next days activities on printed compass! 💃🏽
Never miss an activity that way!👍

So I guess we are eventually going to use our phones on cruise 🚢 instead of putting em away!🙏Namaste!

My husband and I are 65 and over, and we still have to ask for them to be in our cabin every night.  If I don't get one, I run down to GS and ask for one.

• Like 1

I also went to CS in October & asked for the Suduko puzzles.  They printed them for the whole week & gave them to me.  I used the app but I also like my printed Cruise Compasses.

• Like 2