Final post (from Don’s wife)

dkjretired

I am so sorry to hear about Don. I have followed him on here for years and always enjoyed his posts. I actually met both of you on Equinox in 2017. That was a cruise that almost didn't happen because a hurricane hit Florida a few days before we were supposed to leave.  Miami Airport shut down, and partially opened back up the day before the cruise. Don was doing a live trip report on the cruise, and I joined in and started chatting with him. We tried to officially meet, and Don told me that you guys were at the pool and he was wearing a specific shirt, which I think was his grumpy shirt.  I wasn't sure what a grumpy shirt was, but I looked for you guys for a couple of days, and finally met you at the pool deck. We had a great chat and I continued to read all of his posts for years. I am so sad to hear of his passing. My condolences to you and your family. 

• Like 1

Fair winds & following seas to Don. I always enjoyed his common sense approach to different questions on the board. Our sincere condolences to the family; he was a good guy

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, raudacruise said:

I’m so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing this. I’ll miss seeing his CC posts, a wealth of not only reliable information but kindness too. Please take care.

So sorry to read of Don's passing and thank you for taking the time to let us know.  I will miss reading all his posts. My condolences to you and your family. 

I hope all of the replies of concern, caring and admiration for your DH translate to some sense of peace. Our CC forum is one small but important means of communication among the cruising community.

He obviously contributed so much to so many.

I know Hazlet NJ so well having lived in Middletown most of my life. My thoughts will be with you during his services and beyond.

From his obituary, Don was an accomplished professional and will be missed by so many!

Thank you for sharing his loss with us.

• Like 3

On 5/22/2022 at 2:37 PM, dkjretired said:

My husband Don (dkjretired) was very active on this forum for many years. I wanted to let everyone know that he passed away on Tuesday, May 17. His obituary is below:

https://obits.nj.com/us/obituaries/starledger/name/donald-johnson-obituary?pid=202029975

Jeanne Johnson

Jeanne: So sorry to hear of your, and our, loss. I have literally read thousands of Don's posts. Such a good man. Take care.

On 5/22/2022 at 3:37 PM, dkjretired said:

My husband Don (dkjretired) was very active on this forum for many years. I wanted to let everyone know that he passed away on Tuesday, May 17. His obituary is below:

https://obits.nj.com/us/obituaries/starledger/name/donald-johnson-obituary?pid=202029975

Jeanne Johnson

So sorry to hear this, Jeanne.

I’m so very sorry for your loss… thank you for letting us know.  Don was always willing to share his thoughts and experiences with the board, and his contributions will be missed.

With deepest sympathy and prayers to your family. 

Thank you for  sharing  this sad news....

Don was part of the "Cruise Critic Family " for many years.  He contributed  helpful info, common sense and good  humor. His posts were respectful and respected.

Thanks to Don for his service ...may he rest in eternal  peace!

HCAT....

• Like 2

• Administrators

We are so terribly sorry to hear of Don’s passing.   He has been a very active member of Cruise Critic for so many years and his contributions have made a huge difference to so many members.   Please accept our condolences at this very difficult time. 

LauraS and the entire Cruise Critic team

• Like 9