The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday July 17th, 2022

richwmn

Morning! Running late getting ready for church.

We went out for ice cream last night which was a treat.

Love fried chicken but maybe have no more then twice a year.

We have been trying to eat lightly as we will be dining out for a month and that Haggis is rich!

Thanks for the Daily and more later.

• Like 27

Two days ago I had a sunrise from the Westbound Canadian near Saskatoon.  Today's is from the Eastern Canadian at Saskatoon.  Not exactly the sunrise itself but the sun reflecting off the side of the train as it emerges July 17, 2005.

ytgl021.jpg.dc65de80ff260c910cfe181ebb41

Roy

• Like 32
  • Thanks 4

Gingerbread sour cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Sipsmith® London Dry Gin
1 part Lemon Juice
1 splash gingerbread syrup
1 dash Regans® Orange Bitters
1 Egg White

Instructions
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker and dry shake. Add ice and shake again. Double strain into a chilled glass. Garnish with slices of fresh ginger.

Screen Shot 2022-07-17 at 8.21.35 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 10

42 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Today is our 18th wedding anniversary which also somewhat marks 28 years together.  Time certainly flies.  

A very happy anniversary to you both.  Have a wonderful celebration of 28 years together ♥️ 

8F012726-DB0C-4305-BD20-DFE90CE8FF84.gif.f849905cff1e385420dd9140296e98ec.gif

24 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

I spoke to my niece(Camillas Grandma) last night and her husband was admitted to the hospital where he works .He was in a picture  with the baby a few weeks ago.He is on oxygen but in a regular room.The rest of the covid sufferers( Camilla and parents) are much better.

Sorry to hear about your nephew in law 😔 Prayers for a quick recovery 🙏🏻 

Good news on the rest of the covid sufferers.  I hope they continue to improve and are back to their regular selves.  🤞 

@1ANGELCATso sorry to hear about the car. 😔. I hope the insurance company can help 🤞 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Good morning friends!  It's a nice sunny day and I have no plans outside just a couple chores inside the house.  Temps will reach 90F which isn't bad for July is it?  DS and DDIL along with the boys are at Detroit's airport right now waiting for a flight to Orlando.  They have Youth Soccer Nationals this week so let's hope the Tigers play well.  Remember last time (Dec.) they had some nasty teams down there trying to start fights, and unfortunately they have to play one of them, a Los Angeles team Thursday at 6 pm.  It will be streamed if we want to watch it but I'm not sure I do!  😬

Buddy's funeral is over and twin tells me it was extremely well attended.  Buddy was a shy, private person but he has his wife's family to thank for so many friends showing up.  That was actually the only family he had honestly.  If you could hear the story of Buddy's life you would be so sad.  He grew up in foster homes, and practically raised himself.  😢

Thank you Rich for our Daily!  Ice Cream Day is just as good as Chocolate Day in my opinion.  I have some ice cream sandwiches in the freezer to help celebrate.  They don't last long around me!  Wrong Way Corrigan Day is quite interesting.  You'd think the sun in the wrong position and the ocean below you would clue you in as to your direction!  I'll try to remember to use some emojis today  😉  I love the quote, and crispy chicken reminds me of growing up because our chicken was either fried or barbecued, never baked.  That was too healthy!🍗  Shimizu, Japan was our port of the day last June 8, 2021, and we haven't been there yet.  Thanks to all who provide photos today. 

Graham @grapau27thanks so much for the sermon.  Jake @Crazy For Catshappy anniversary!  Have a nice celebration.  @1ANGELCATthose photos really tell the story of the drunk driver and hit home.  I hope they found the driver and he is punished for his stupidity.  Way back in the 1950's a drunk driver ran down several trees along the street that my Dad had planted a few years earlier.  My Dad hopped into the car and followed him and eventually police pulled the drunk over.  Dad had to start all over again on the tree lined property.  Luckily none of us children were playing out there at the time.  

Thanks Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers for all of those in need.  Cheers for our friends on the Celebration list.  Great news that Pat's luggage was found in that pileup at the airport.  Amazing how those Air Tags work.  Have a wonderful cruise everyone!

My leg was a little better overnight.  Terri @Cruzin Terrimentioned last night she had this problem after Covid and it eventually went away so we shall see!  🙂

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone. We are in for some hot days so our run of perfect weather is taking a hiatus.  Badly needed rain not coming. I love ice cream with happy memories of going to our family dairy when it was ice cream day.  We would get a coffee mug and my uncle would let the soft ice cream from the machine into it. So much better before going into the hard freezer. We love crispy chicken aand and common up here in the UP is broasted chicken which is super crispy and juicy. 

@Crazy For CatsHappy anniversary!🍾

@kazubeautiful garden photos!

Thank you for the Daily Reports!   Have a great day and prayers for all on Roy's care list. 🙏

IMG_20220717_072018157_HDR.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  to all.It is 80% in the humidity  department and we felt it earlier on our dog walk.Oh my, we could use a nice sea breeze.

Ice cream certainly deserves a day but emojis are sometimes  hard to figure out. We have not been to Japan but would love pictures.

I spoke to my niece(Camillas Grandma) last night and her husband was admitted to the hospital where he works .He was in a picture  with the baby a few weeks ago.He is on oxygen but in a regular room.The rest of the covid sufferers( Camilla and parents) are much better.

@Cruzin Terri,enjoy your trip to Williamsburg  and visiting with friends. Tana had a hard time last week due to the high temperatures.This old house tries hard but the room air conditioners stuggle to keep up. We had extra help but cooking/meal prep was not a strong suit so my dinner last night was a hit! Thanks Tina @0106! We loved the chicken florentine  with the low carb recipe. I will save the baked chicken included today for a less hot  day.

I made pasta and bean soup yesterday  for my vegetarians and have a lentil soup request for tonight. We are odd here and enjoy soup throughout the year.

@1ANGELCAT,so sorry about your brother's  car.I hope he has no after effects from the accident. 

@StLouisCruisers,Sandi , my brother and my son both reported leg pain similar  to yours for several weeks after their covid bouts.DS is a runner  and was unable to run for almost 2 months.I hope your pain is less soon.

Terry

I'm sorry I missed seeing your post while I was composing mine.  I just went back to catch up with everyone.  

I'm sorry to hear about Camilla's Grandpa being in the hospital with his Covid.  Great to know the rest of them are doing okay.  My DD is just over Covid and is feeling very well, and seems to have plenty of energy which is a good thing.  Her DH is a long distance bike rider and even though he is positive right now he has gone out on easy rides.  I was interested to hear that your DB and DS both had leg pain after Covid, too.  Terri @Cruzin Terrisaid the same thing.  I pray that this is short lived and my leg gets back to normal like theirs did.  And that my DSIL doesn't have this side effect since he such a devoted bike rider and he would hate not being able to do that.

We're planning a trip to see DD in Cincinnati and our DS in Ann Arbor soon.  I think we've all agreed on the dates.  I've never seen so many activities as those two families have on their calendar.  Then of course I had to mess everything up with my dental cleaning and hair appointment on my own calendar.  Can't change the dental cleaning because it takes forever to get back in the schedule!  I'd better get those compression socks fast since those drives are long and that car doesn't stop until it needs fuel!  Bad for legs!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good Sunday morning.  Well, our day went the wrong way this morning.  One of my round vitamin pills fell down between the wall and the back of the stove.  There is a gap.  That led to taking out the bottom drawer and cleaning back there.  Then we thought why not take the fridge out and clean back there.  Didn't find the pill but my kitchen is clean.

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 9
  • Haha 25

Good morning from central Texas.

Ice cream day is celebrated in this house most days but today before it gets too hot, I'm making a lemon blueberry bundt cake.  I have a lot of blueberries 🫐 to use before they go bad.  My father told me about Wrong Way Corrigan when I was growing up.  I use emojis when I remember them, but I try to use ones who's meanings ate easily understood.

I like the Helen Keller quote.

I like fried chicken and made some recently, but in the air fryer.  We'll pass on the drink,  but might try the wine.

We have not been to Shimisu, Japan.

Thank you @0106 Tina, for your grandmother’s recipe.  The air fryer recipe I had did not mention drying the chicken after taking it out of the buttermilk, and that would have made all the difference.  The last rime I fried chicken in the air fryer, I followed my mothers method of putting the chicken in a bag with salt and pepper and shaking.  I spritzed it with oil and put it on the rack that had been coated with nonstick spray.  It turned out like my mother's fried chicken.

@cat shepard  The girls picked another great meme.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, safe travels today and tomorrow, and have a great time in Williamsburg and visiting your  friends.

@ger_77  Gerry, I hope you have a good visit with your friends.  Safe travels.

@1ANGELCAT  The pictures of your DB's car say it all.  I hope the driver has to pay for the damage and for driving drunk.

@Vict0riann  Ann, great news you found Pat’s bag thanks to the air tags.  Glad the M&G was good and that officers showed up.  Have a great cruise.

@Crazy For Cats  🎊 HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! 🥂

@kazu Jacqui, your garden with all the flowers is lovely.  Hope the baby birds do well when they hatch.

@smitty34877  Terry, I sorry Camilla's grandfather is in the hospital, and hope he is better soon.  I'm glad the rest of the family are doing better.

Lenda

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Happy Sunday Dailyites!

ff2b01ca20e68ce32699f406ce9b16f4--sunday-morning-coffee-on-sunday.jpg

We started celebrating National Ice Cream day yesterday.😸

@grapau27  Thank you for bringing us Father David this week.  I really look forward to the message every week.

@0106The next time you make your grandmothers chicken, could you give us all a weeks notice, and we'll come to your house.

@kazu  I love your garden pictures. And I am grateful that you found the nest in your hanging basket.  I have a metal hanger for artificial plants, that I put on the front door.  It's my view when I am working and I had contemplated replacing the spring colors of pink and yellow with some red white and blue around Memorial Day.  Sitting at my desk, I saw birds fly into the basket, and realized, there was a nest.  So until the end of August, I will leave it as it as is.

@1ANGELCAT  Sorry to read about the car. I hope that insurance covers either all repairs, or provides a new car.

@Crazy For Cats 

happy_anniversary_cats_silhouette_beach_

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

You'd think the sun in the wrong position and the ocean below you would clue you in as to your direction!

I have wondered whether Corrigan was actually aiming for Ireland all along and just wanted to keep it a secret.

• Like 7
  • Haha 13

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I'm sorry I missed seeing your post while I was composing mine.  I just went back to catch up with everyone.  

I'm sorry to hear about Camilla's Grandpa being in the hospital with his Covid.  Great to know the rest of them are doing okay.  My DD is just over Covid and is feeling very well, and seems to have plenty of energy which is a good thing.  Her DH is a long distance bike rider and even though he is positive right now he has gone out on easy rides.  I was interested to hear that your DB and DS both had leg pain after Covid, too.  Terri @Cruzin Terrisaid the same thing.  I pray that this is short lived and my leg gets back to normal like theirs did.  And that my DSIL doesn't have this side effect since he such a devoted bike rider and he would hate not being able to do that.

We're planning a trip to see DD in Cincinnati and our DS in Ann Arbor soon.  I think we've all agreed on the dates.  I've never seen so many activities as those two families have on their calendar.  Then of course I had to mess everything up with my dental cleaning and hair appointment on my own calendar.  Can't change the dental cleaning because it takes forever to get back in the schedule!  I'd better get those compression socks fast since those drives are long and that car doesn't stop until it needs fuel!  Bad for legs!

Sandi both my DIL and DS are long distance  runners.They were really anxious to restart their daily runs  but found the fatigue(both) and the leg pain(DS) were quite limiting. It was almost 2 months for both of them to regain their prior levels of endurance.My DIL is a Dr but freely admits to being a very bad patient and she was really mad about  not being able to run the way she used to.They had what was considered  mild cases!They are both 45 this year and thought recovery  would be easy. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Morning all and thanks for the update. I will happily celebrate ice cream day. 
     Well, the day certainly won’t be spent as planned. My brother already spoke to Nationwide and the call dropped 3 times. We need to go visit the lot it was towed to and get things out of the car. Tomorrow we will go talk to the agent .

4CB8AFA2-3132-4D05-84B9-E81763A964AE.jpeg

66DA6F3C-0111-40A0-B785-153C02A243B5.jpeg

DD329207-73A8-4F80-8F7E-C908E7280EE4.jpeg

Oh wow!!! What a nasty thing to have happen. And I know dealing with insurance companies is a reall hassle.

Susan

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

I have wondered whether Corrigan was actually aiming for Ireland all along and just wanted to keep it a secret.

I've always wondered the same thing.  Even if he left at night, he would eventually have noticed no lights on the ground.

Lenda 

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

Make sure you wear compression stockings whether flying or driving.  Very important.

Terri

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  It's a nice sunny day and I have no plans outside just a couple chores inside the house.  Temps will reach 90F which isn't bad for July is it?  DS and DDIL along with the boys are at Detroit's airport right now waiting for a flight to Orlando.  They have Youth Soccer Nationals this week so let's hope the Tigers play well.  Remember last time (Dec.) they had some nasty teams down there trying to start fights, and unfortunately they have to play one of them, a Los Angeles team Thursday at 6 pm.  It will be streamed if we want to watch it but I'm not sure I do!  😬

Buddy's funeral is over and twin tells me it was extremely well attended.  Buddy was a shy, private person but he has his wife's family to thank for so many friends showing up.  That was actually the only family he had honestly.  If you could hear the story of Buddy's life you would be so sad.  He grew up in foster homes, and practically raised himself.  😢

Thank you Rich for our Daily!  Ice Cream Day is just as good as Chocolate Day in my opinion.  I have some ice cream sandwiches in the freezer to help celebrate.  They don't last long around me!  Wrong Way Corrigan Day is quite interesting.  You'd think the sun in the wrong position and the ocean below you would clue you in as to your direction!  I'll try to remember to use some emojis today  😉  I love the quote, and crispy chicken reminds me of growing up because our chicken was either fried or barbecued, never baked.  That was too healthy!🍗  Shimizu, Japan was our port of the day last June 8, 2021, and we haven't been there yet.  Thanks to all who provide photos today. 

Graham @grapau27thanks so much for the sermon.  Jake @Crazy For Catshappy anniversary!  Have a nice celebration.  @1ANGELCATthose photos really tell the story of the drunk driver and hit home.  I hope they found the driver and he is punished for his stupidity.  Way back in the 1950's a drunk driver ran down several trees along the street that my Dad had planted a few years earlier.  My Dad hopped into the car and followed him and eventually police pulled the drunk over.  Dad had to start all over again on the tree lined property.  Luckily none of us children were playing out there at the time.  

Thanks Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers for all of those in need.  Cheers for our friends on the Celebration list.  Great news that Pat's luggage was found in that pileup at the airport.  Amazing how those Air Tags work.  Have a wonderful cruise everyone!

My leg was a little better overnight.  Terri @Cruzin Terrimentioned last night she had this problem after Covid and it eventually went away so we shall see!  🙂

I'm pleased to hear your pain eased overnight Sandi.

It is good Buddy's funeral was well attended and prayers 🙏 for the future for Amy and her family.

I'm delighted to say Sarah has tested negative so she has gone out to celebrate.

Graham.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Happy Sunday Dailyites!

ff2b01ca20e68ce32699f406ce9b16f4--sunday-morning-coffee-on-sunday.jpg

We started celebrating National Ice Cream day yesterday.😸

@grapau27  Thank you for bringing us Father David this week.  I really look forward to the message every week.

@0106The next time you make your grandmothers chicken, could you give us all a weeks notice, and we'll come to your house.

@kazu  I love your garden pictures. And I am grateful that you found the nest in your hanging basket.  I have a metal hanger for artificial plants, that I put on the front door.  It's my view when I am working and I had contemplated replacing the spring colors of pink and yellow with some red white and blue around Memorial Day.  Sitting at my desk, I saw birds fly into the basket, and realized, there was a nest.  So until the end of August, I will leave it as it as is.

@1ANGELCAT  Sorry to read about the car. I hope that insurance covers either all repairs, or provides a new car.

@Crazy For Cats 

happy_anniversary_cats_silhouette_beach_

I'm really pleased that you look forward to Father David's sermon every week and this makes me happy I posted it.

Father David WhatsApp us the sermon at 7am.

Our church service starts at 10.15am.

It was a lovely service today and Father David is always happy and cheers everyone up.

Graham.

IMG_20220717_095353.jpg

• Like 12