The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday October 8th, 2022

richwmn

Today is American Touch Tag Day, National Motorcycle Ride Day, and Universal Music Day

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Meal Suggestion for today - Caprese Chicken
Drink of the Day - Apple Manhattan
Wine of the Day - Disznókö 2007 Eszencia (Tokaji) Hungary
Destination of the Day - Vladivostok, Russia

Eurodam

Seattle, Washington 07:00 - 16:00

Koningsdam

Vancouver, BC Canada 07:00 - 16:30

Nieuw Amsterdam

San Diego, California 09:00 - 17:00

Nieuw Statendam

Quebec City, Canada 07:00 - 16:00

Noordam

San Diego, California 07:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

Palermo, Sicily Italy 08:00 - 17:00

Rotterdam

Warnemunde-Rostock, Germany 07:00 - 18:00

Volendam

Trieste, Italy 07:00 - 21:00

Westerdam

Honolulu, Oahu Island, Hawaii 08:00 - 23:59

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 10/10

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Hilo, Hawaii Island eta 10/09

1008World.thumb.png.ec18f8c8b9d7ffecef66ce917236d7d5.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 11

Good morning.  Thanks for the Fleet and Daily Report.

It's a cool, wet day here.  Typical Thanksgiving weekend weather.  The trees are turning and looking beautiful, even in the rain.

A nice collection of days.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

I'm sure the drink and wine are tasty too.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 23

Good afternoon.

It is 52°F and sunny here in North East England.

Thank you for the fleet reports and Daily Rich.

As children we played similar touch tag games in the UK.

I had a small motor bike for a couple of years until I was 18 when i passed my car driving test and had only cars since.

I like most forms of music.

Music is a universal thing for us all.

Interesting quote.

Nice food but not sure about the drink.

We have not been to today's port.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy weekend.

Graham.

• Like 21

Thank you for the Saturday report Rich.  I'll pass on the motorcycle, salute Universal Music  and played touch tag about 70 years ago..  I love  the Emerson quote but have not been to Vladivostok.  The meal sounds nice although I'll wait a bit for @0106 to weigh in.  My alternative/complement is Naked Fries from Dive-In as served on MS Amsterdam October 8-9, 2017 (we crossed the International Dateline that day).

Not particularly proud of the lists today.  It was a late night last night (Baltimore Symphony) and I overslept today.  I would normally say Welcome Home @MISTER 67 but I'm not sure if he extended or has any power or water if he does head back home.

Today’s care list:

RIP Loretta Lynn 10/4/22
Horrific damage from Ian
Western wildfires
Tthose in Fiona’s wake
JazzyV car issues
Long term power outage for jimgev
From the rotation:
Cruisin Terri leak damage
Strength for luvteaching’s friend Karen after Wayne’s 9/3 death
Sandi’s neighbor Linda
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

2 days to first BHB in Everglades
Nice Dailyite gathering in Quebec
Cruzin Terri in Barbados  to 10/17
2 Days fro MissG Oosterdam 10/10 to 10/22)
1 day for Oceansaway17 (Oasis OTS 10/9 to 10/16)
Bon Voyage  Cunnorl (Noordam 10/8 to 1/2/23)
Bon Voyage Cruising-Along(10/29), dfish, NextOne, Richwmn, Live4cruises,  SharoninAz (Nieuw Statendam 10/8 to 10/22)
1 days for HAL4NOW (Koningsdam 10/8 to 10/24)
Rowsby in Hawaii until 10/28
 LoveTheBeach (Adventure OTS  to 10/8), sailingdutchy (Oosterdam  to 10/10),   Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15),,  Dismomx5 (Rotterdam to 10/27) and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 24
  • Thanks 14

Many people are familiar with a Caprese salad, also known as insalata caprese (salad in the manner of Capri), a classic Italian salad made with cow's mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, and basil, featuring the colors of the Italian flag which are white, red, and green.  Today’s recipes for Caprese Chicken adds chicken to these familiar ingredients.

This recipe is a skillet dinner which takes only 30 minutes uses jarred pesto and a balsamic glace.https://www.foodiecrush.com/caprese-chicken-recipe/

30-Minute Caprese Chicken Recipe | #recipes #balsamic #healthy #skillet foodiecrush.com

This recipe is baked and takes only 45 minutes.

https://therecipecritic.com/baked-caprese-chicken/

Baked chicken in casserole dish.

I like this one that uses cherry tomatoes.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a47169/caprese-chicken-recipe/

caprese chicken

This recipe uses chicken thighs instead of the boneless breast used in the previous recipes.

https://cafedelites.com/balsamic-glazed-caprese-chicken-recipe/

balsamic-glazed-caprese-chicken | cafedelites.com

Here is a pasta recipe.  No reason you couldn’t use leftover chicken.

https://www.wellplated.com/caprese-chicken-pasta/

Caprese Chicken Pasta. An easy chicken mozarella pasta with tomatoes and basil that's ready to go in only 30 minutes!

Finally, a sandwich.

https://ohsweetbasil.com/chicken-caprese-sandwich/

a photo of a chicken caprese sandwich on a ciabatta bun with tomato, fresh mozzarella, pesto and balsamic glaze.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 14

Good morning friends!  It's 10 degrees warmer than yesterday morning, 58F.  Our expected high will be lower than yesterday, however at only 76 but sunny.  Not a lot on my agenda today although I would like to finish making the 2023 wall calendar I started a day or two ago.  I was having problems with one section of embellishments not showing up on my computer.  So I called Shutterfly and the representative could see that section on his computer when he signed into my account.  He said he would send a report to engineering (?).  After the phone call I decided to try Edge instead of my usual Chrome and there were the missing embellishments, right there!  So some setting is off for Chrome and next time I'll know better and use Edge.  I may even make the long delayed photo book now from our Island Princess cruise this past summer.

Thanks to both Rich @richwmn and Roy @rafinmdfor your contributions today.  You are both doing an outstanding job even though traveling (Rich), and a late night out (Roy).  We appreciate you both!  I saulte American touch tag and music today.  Also motorcycles.  DH has had two, an off road one and a nice street bike.  In addition to that my first boyfriend had a Harley and that was a lot of fun.  We are long past those days though.  Thank you Tina @0106for the wonderful looking caprese chicken dishes.  I would definitely eat that!  Today's quote is a deep thinking one.  Have no idea what that wine is so I'll say no to that and the drink.  Happy Thanksgiving weekend to our Canadian people!  🦃

Prayers were said before I even got on the treadmill today.  I hope all our Dailyites will be doing better soon, as well as the family and friends listed.  Add to that Ukraine, wildfire sufferers, and especially hurricane victims.

Today's port is Vladivostok, Russia which was shown here on Aug. 9, 2021.  I was there one time.  Here's the link to that day's Daily for your convenience in retrieving photos.

Vladivostok was a stop on our Diamond Princess 2010 Bangkok to Alaska cruise.  I have had ports from that cruise come up several times this week.  Let me start by saying it was a completely miserable day in Vladivostok on May 5, 2010.  The rain was coming down heavily and the winds were whipping it sideways at times.  Nevertheless we decided we HAD to get off here since it would be a totally different experience from St. Petersburg over on the opposite side of the country.  We would come back drenched but had plenty of days before we had to pack up our wet shoes and disembark the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKt4n0Wk181AGhhkely3El84xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We planned on heading towards the railway station and then up that main road to see what the downtown area looked like.  No tours were planned here - we wanted to stick close to the ship.  On this cruise we had several couples we were traveling with so we all stayed together.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJksWvlRveaZSijHilARtlX4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

This was parked nearby.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjCQ0n0Gnx5Ju_MgV2-zgkV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Inside the train station.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJJV5zM5SvsbrPT1eM-1ILfqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Our photos were horrible back then.  IPhones have improved my photo taking ability a lot.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJmuIH6xxrcg-lwETm09460aAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

A sunny day would have made a big difference in our visit there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ3yPE7UnOnrNJw6_s_YpTzVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Everything was so bleak!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJvsdtMONquZHTbpTpZTYiI5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIy9UKFqmE1U37-sjK8RHkA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The ancient looking public transportation.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJJBqRAtaecxDXM5Dpl-R3T?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The weather was so wild, you couldn't even use an umbrella.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI3As-ShqNHjIzXjo4cXEKJVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI8Z1WJQX_aLX_4GqZ_j8gg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

We decided we'd all better get indoors to do some shopping.  At least it would be dry.  So we found a mall.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLBlr57rRFf-BBsbFDxekPHqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

A view out the window at the mall, looking back towards our ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIaVgTRWj2b6c2GLBNRbu-l?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

At the entrance to the famou GUM department store we saw lots of souvenirs.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIM_uP_tpZRe9T7mqMGiNS5VZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Two of our friends shopping for something to take home with them.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKVEaru8H9PKiUpUCLHJRQmldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Most of this department store consisted of stalls, selling things like dusty electronics on the same shelves as the beauty supplies.  It was rather dismal except for this souvenir section.  It was very surprising.

Back to the ship!  This guy pointed the way.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJj5g8aefzu_p9QZRWgG4VtV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

That evening we had some local entertainment come on board.  The theater was jammed with people, even lining the walls, standing room only.  A scary thought nowadays!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKu7d-KRkqpwjDS8pb-MIF6rnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJwBCcfEjTcuGy5ZOZlRXdFaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI7deINRmft9yMTLn2jnQASV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIxO4Ow4b2IqksIhJw0WkB1Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

I very much doubt I'll ever get back to Vladivostok again but if we do it had better be sunny or at least not raining cats and dogs!😉

• Like 21
  • Thanks 9

Finally have appointments for second shingle shot and flu shots.  Getting both today.

Apple Manhattan cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Maker's Mark® Bourbon
1 part DeKuyper® Pucker® Sour Apple Schnapps
Garnish Apple, Sliced

Instructions
Shake with ice and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with an apple wheel.

Screen Shot 2022-10-08 at 7.47.14 AM.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5

Good morning from a chilly QC!  I woke up very early this morning and couldn’t get back to sleep. I finally dozed off when Craig’s alarm went off at 7:00.  We had a great time with Debbie @dfish last night. 

A855A5F8-C48C-4676-BA2D-7E765F42CFA8.thumb.jpeg.2cc2e25a35e53c8aa9eeb3e3512f2bb5.jpeg

The hotel was beautiful on the chilly walk back. 

4E742AA5-08B0-49D6-9DE1-36F76C26E59A.thumb.jpeg.c08b3d016d47abef56de04cc80f96976.jpeg

We meet in the lobby for our transfer to the ship at 11:45 but It was booked when Debbie arrived so she leaves 30 minutes later. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 6

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich 🙂 

Good collection of days!  I think I will celebrate with Universal Music day - it adds so much joy to so many.

Good quote by Emmerson and a good reminder when you are looking at things you have faced/are facing.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds terrific!

BD9C3F80-1EB5-4B74-B6A0-07531B595846.jpeg.0d94ef22b021409a1f79af4f2a99a6a9.jpeg

Well, I am officially de-planted 👍 The planters are all away, the teak tables covered, fencing in the garage, etc. Of course there is one mass of bulbs on the deck getting rained on 😞 I should have brought them in but all my trays in the house are full until my bulbs on the racks are dry enough to pack up.  

The gardens and falling leaves will be next 😬 and the house cleaning & sorting (double ugh).

BF96C98F-EDFC-48D4-8BB9-AD96A3EB6922.thumb.jpeg.f8769787de631fca0713fab80913c83b.jpeg

@rafinmdYou do a tremendous job on the lists - so much detail which is appreciated by all.  Don’t beat yourself up for something that YOU think you mucked up.  I think you are doing a great job every day 👍 

@0106Tina thank you so much for stepping in for Debbie while she cruises.  You do a wonderful job!

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, those suffering from Ian and Fiona & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out lists.

Have a great Saturday everyone !!!!!

B13DB88E-6C00-4267-B0C8-1DA15BD3152C.jpeg.2d8f0153fdee106191408e1f2b6ea66a.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Sharon in AZ said:

We meet in the lobby for our transfer to the ship at 11:45 but It was booked when Debbie arrived so she leaves 30 minutes later. 

Bon Voyage to all of you 🙂 

194CCE7E-E5FE-491D-98B6-1B078A056156.jpeg.772dfeaa7c3e5a5f8b2dc9802b894306.jpeg

• Like 23

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  It rained overnight and cooler temperatures are in store for today.  There is also a frost warning for overnight.  I’m wishing there was a sail away camera so that we could watch the NS depart today.  I successfully added my Covid QR code to Verifly and will add DH’s over the weekend.  Will also look at excursions to use our Have it All perks.  I was pricing my cats dry food and it looks like it’s in short supply so a quick run to PetSmart is the first errand today.

I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.thumb.png.b83463a83d86e11a3d06c3618dc0b22c.png

• Like 25

A huge Bon Voyage to all the Dailyites boarding BHB’s today!

It is chilly here this morning with rain expected. Yesterday totally got away from me with various appointments and although I read the Daily it was too late to chime in.

I love the quote and the recipes today. I think I will try the third recipe for dinner tonight. I have not been to the port and appreciate the pictures.

@Sharon in AZ, love the picture of you with Debbie and the beautiful hotel at night. Bundle up for sailaway!

@Cruzin Terri, glad you got to the beach at last,sorry the weather has been so poor.

@cunnorl, Enjoy your lovely long voyage,especially those sea days.

Terry

• Like 24

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich. Bon voyage to you & all the cruising Dailyites!

Roy thank you for keeping our lists! I suspect you are the only one who thinks your lists are lacking. 

Another spectacular morning, but in spite of the fact that we have not had a drop of rain since Ian moved on - flooding is getting worse in some areas, and more people are being evacuated. Praying that this stops soon. 

A couple of classes, some dead heading in the garden, and then dinner at a friend’s are in my future today. 

61E9A964-F6A3-4B5C-994F-B11E2333F32F.jpeg.4795f7e6df6e943c23b6361a338022a3.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Disznókó 2007 Eszencia (Tokaji) Hungary

I would probably have to point to this one on a wine list, if I wanted to try it. At least until I heard someone else pronounce it.  But its price tag, even as a dessert wine, would prevent me from ordering it. It has a stellar rating from consumers and critics. Several online distributors carry it with prices for a half bottle starting at $299.56!

99 Wine Enthusiast 

Mahogany colored in the glass, this Eszencia draws you in with ethereal aromas of acacia honey, beeswax, caramelized pineapple upside-down cake, English toffee and apricot jam. These heady aromas transfer seamlessly onto the palate. It is hefty and voluptuous in mouthfeel yet silky smooth and creamy, with just the right amount of acidity to counteract the intense sweetness. Drink through 2035.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 7

Happy Saturday Morning Dailyites!  I love the Emerson quote, but what lies behind is what made you what you are today, and what you are today is what you have to face the future.  

I have to do something today that I hate doing...returning an item I bought on line.  Way too small.  That will be my lunch time adventure via telephone.  

My computer tells me it's 55 and humid?  With no chance of rain until maybe Thursday or Friday (the two days that I have places to be beside being on the phones).

@kazuI love the picture and quote of the woman by the fire-stuck between saving and only living once.

@0106Thank you for filling in with the recipes, I really do appreciate it.  (tummy is growling now)

@StLouisCruisers Thank you for the pictures, I used to want to go to Russia, but not anymore.

Have a great day everyone!

Cat-lord-rides-motorcycle-with-four-feline-passengers.jpg

5074ab28686a3ea28c4c0696cbd1ffce--mental-health-art-illustrations.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Saturday report Rich.  I'll pass on the motorcycle, salute Universal Music  and played touch tag about 70 years ago..  I love  the Emerson quote but have not been to Vladivostok.  The meal sounds nice although I'll wait a bit for @0106 to weigh in.  My alternative/complement is Naked Fries from Dive-In as served on MS Amsterdam October 8-9, 2017 (we crossed the International Dateline that day).

Not particularly proud of the lists today.  It was a late night last night (Baltimore Symphony) and I overslept today.  I would normally say Welcome Home @MISTER 67 but I'm not sure if he extended or has any power or water if he does head back home.

Today’s care list:

RIP Loretta Lynn 10/4/22
Horrific damage from Ian
Western wildfires
Tthose in Fiona’s wake
JazzyV car issues
Long term power outage for jimgev
From the rotation:
Cruisin Terri leak damage
Strength for luvteaching’s friend Karen after Wayne’s 9/3 death
Sandi’s neighbor Linda
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

2 days to first BHB in Everglades
Nice Dailyite gathering in Quebec
Cruzin Terri in Barbados  to 10/17
2 Days fro MissG Oosterdam 10/10 to 10/22)
1 day for Oceansaway17 (Oasis OTS 10/9 to 10/16)
Bon Voyage  Cunnorl (Noordam 10/8 to 1/2/23)
Bon Voyage Cruising-Along(10/29), dfish, NextOne, Richwmn, Live4cruises,  SharoninAz (Nieuw Statendam 10/8 to 10/22)
1 days for HAL4NOW (Koningsdam 10/8 to 10/24)
Rowsby in Hawaii until 10/28
 LoveTheBeach (Adventure OTS  to 10/8), sailingdutchy (Oosterdam  to 10/10),   Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15),,  Dismomx5 (Rotterdam to 10/27) and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for posting today's lists Roy.

Graham.

• Like 11

41 minutes ago, GTVCRUISER said:

I am cruising to Mexico today 🙂 🙂 

C1410D7D-9C66-4CED-8C41-E799A7715367.jpeg.54762d2c1a07a9776f54444e33639f23.jpeg

9 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@kazuI love the picture and quote of the woman by the fire-stuck between saving and only living once.

That woman is me these days LOL 😂 

• Like 17

Good morning everyone. It’s a sunny day here in central NJ with temps in the 60s. I lik Ed it much better when it was 80. Nice collection of days, especially music. My grandson is a very talented piano player, but not good enough to seek a career in that field. He has done some interesting research on music and how it effects the brain.

Yesterdaybi managed to ride over a curb as I pulled out of a gas station. I expected to have a flat tire so I drove to the station that just did my car inspection. He wiped off some white curb junk from my right fender and clipped back something in front of the tire and I was good to go. Will be more careful in the future. I haven’t been to Russia but my daughter had a nanny from there about 17 years ago and they have remained good friends.She and her grown boys went there for her wedding and my daughter went to Moscow to visit her when she had a baby girl. 
Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  It rained overnight and cooler temperatures are in store for today.  There is also a frost warning for overnight.  I’m wishing there was a sail away camera so that we could watch the NS depart today.  I successfully added my Covid QR code to Verifly and will add DH’s over the weekend.  Will also look at excursions to use our Have it All perks.  I was pricing my cats dry food and it looks like it’s in short supply so a quick run to PetSmart is the first errand today.

I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.thumb.png.b83463a83d86e11a3d06c3618dc0b22c.png

Here’s a link to Quebec port web cam. Not sure if this is current or the NS is not in sight.

https://www.portquebec.ca/en/about/webcam/view-on-the-river

• Like 12
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

Hi y'all. RNB hear!

To celebrate Universal Music Day I come up with another tune that is a parody from a classic song way back in 2014. It's call "It's all about that Bass, bout that Bass, no treble".

Hear goes:

It's all about that Toot!

Because you know it's all about that Toot

Bout that Toot, no horn

It's all 'bout that Toot, 'bout that Toot, no Horn

It's all 'bout that Toot, 'bout that Toot, no Horn

It's all; 'bout that Toot, 'bout that Toot

Not quite Hank Williams but kind of catchy.

I'm RNB and I sing it like I write it.  Let's try to sing together on our first Fort Lauderdale sailaway on 10/10/22 on the Zaandam

• Like 17
  • Haha 8

Good morning, everyone.

I had a great night's sleep here at Le Chateau Frontenac.   I was so tired last night that I went to bed at 9:30 and slept through until 6:30.  

As Sharon @Sharon in AZ mentioned, I was demoted in boarding time.  I don't leave the hotel until 12:15 and who knows when I'll actually board.  I guess I'll find out when I get there.   The good news is that they have picked up my luggage as planned and I hope to see it on the ship.  

More good news:  We received the final inspection report from the inspector and submitted some requests, mostly concerning some questionable electrical wiring and flashing around skylights that needs repair.  The seller agreed to perform all the work we requested, so we have moved one step closer to closing.  The only thing holding us back now is waiting to close on our current homes.   BTW, the original house we wanted is still an active listing.  So sad.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3