Sea Day Brunch - I don't get the hype

Woody14

I took my first Carnival cruise recently and in my researching of the things not to miss and other tips there was lots of references to sea day brunch as something not to miss.   So I took it in and I don't get it.   It seemed like it was basically breakfast menu with the addition of steak frits and burger to the menu.    Did I totally miss this or ???

18 minutes ago, Woody14 said:

I took my first Carnival cruise recently and in my researching of the things not to miss and other tips there was lots of references to sea day brunch as something not to miss.   So I took it in and I don't get it.   It seemed like it was basically breakfast menu with the addition of steak frits and burger to the menu.    Did I totally miss this or ???

It's definitely not the breakfast menu. There are breakfast items on it. But they aren't the same ones that are on the breakfast menu. You don't have skillet cakes, or 12 hour french toast, or steak n eggs on the breakfast menu for example.

• Like 2

There used to be a big emphasis on the Seaday Brunch with the Bloody Mary bar that was set up near the entrance and a more extensive menu.   Your "free" drink was always good at the brunch bar.

I haven't seen this in a long time.

I enjoyed sea day brunch a lot when they had it, I also enjoy the new sea day breakfast as well. The pancake my son ordered and didn't finish was probably the best pancake I ever had in my life, literally perfect in every way. I also enjoyed all the items I had, especially the huevos rancheros, omelets, hashbrown rounds ect. It's much better than the buffet and the other available options, that's for sure. I think that is what most people are referencing, it's simply the best option and the food is good.     

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I enjoyed sea day brunch a lot when they had it, I also enjoy the new sea day breakfast as well.      

Is there a separate sea day breakfast menu from the sea day brunch menu or are you referring to the lido buffet breakfast?

All the recent brunch menu changes and the substitution of an inferior strip loin steak for the filet mignon on the old menu for the steak and eggs item has made us prefer the Port Day Breakfast Menu all the more.

Yes, some changes were made to the Port Day menu as well but not to the extent of the brunch menu, e.g. the breakfast board was removed as was the excellent Indian masala dosa which was unfamiliar to most Americans.

The Port Day Breakfast in the MDR beats the sea day brunch for us anymore  and it's far less crowded than brunch.

I remember when it first started  as the George Lopez Comedy Sea Day Brunch or something like that and they would have the comedian on board go in, walk around the dining room and do a short comedy act.

The comedians always looked so “ thrilled “ to be there. 🙄

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Is there a separate sea day breakfast menu from the sea day brunch menu or are you referring to the lido buffet breakfast?

No, I'm referring to the fact that it's no longer a sea day brunch, it's a sea day breakfast with the current hours. It's breakfast that self identifies as brunch, madness I tell ya! 😁 

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I remember when it first started  as the George Lopez Comedy Sea Day Brunch or something like that and they would have the comedian on board go in, walk around the dining room and do a short comedy act.

The comedians always looked so “ thrilled “ to be there. 🙄

I forgot about that!  I felt the comedian thing was kinda uncomfortable for everyone.  Maybe that's why my brain erased it from my memory.  Too painful😉

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

The OP tried it, didn’t enjoy the experience.

Why do people feel the need to defend the experience?

OP didn’t attack anyone. Didn’t demean anyone. Didn’t belittle anyone.

Because it's a discussion forum. The OP is entitled to their opinion just as everyone else is entitled to theirs and there is nothing wrong with everyone sharing those opinions in a polite way.

• Like 6