The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday November 7th, 2022

richwmn

The Daily never lacks for cat cartoons.  I don't know if this one has ever appeared here.  Mrs. XBGuy sent it to me last night.

1579186185_image0(5).png.b6a246ff2db622c67366be7e179888bd.png

This morning my coffee shop buddy mentioned that there is a tropical depression in the Atlantic that is expected to reach hurricane strength, and, while it may be early, it is projected to hit Florida.  So, please be aware and prepare, folks.

• Like 12
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning again.  The fog has lifted and the sun is trying to come out.  However, the forecast is still calling for thunderstorms this afternoon.  So it's not a good time to be on the highway.  I will go in earlier tomorrow to be there for the team evaluation of DH's progress, and then to go with him to the two week post op visit with the surgeon.  Fortunately the people at rehab are arranging transportation to and from the doctor's office.

We are also aware of cancer.  My DFIL battled non-Hodgkin's lymphoma for 25 years, but it was the affects of the chemo therapy that finally caused his death.  My step-mother survive breast cancer. and my maternal grandfather died of throat cancer due to smoking many years before I was born.   I've had one basal cell cancer removed from my face and several pre-cancerous lesions frozen off, while DH had several pre-cancerous spots surgically removed this summer.

We've seen bears up close in the wild, but I never considered hugging one, and there are no stuffed ones to hug either.  I used Retinol for a few years, but either it or the soap I needed to use caused an allergic reaction.

An interesting quote by Friedrich Nietzsche.

I like chili and cornbread, but I'm not sure about combining them in one dish.  Growing up, we would have Frito pie on cold winter nights.  It was canned chili, Fritos, chopped onions mixed together, topped with grated cheese and heated in the oven.  I'll pass on the drink, but would love to try the wine.

As you saw above, we've been to Cabo San Lucas many times.  We were also their four times last fall and twice last spring on Koningsdam.  I'll post some pictures from those visits.

@grapau27  Graham, I'm sorry a hip replacement is in your future.  I hope the shots work and you can wait a while for the surgery.  We've had several neighbors who had the surgery, one even had both hips replaced at the same time.  All are doing well.

@Crazy For Cats  Jake, hope tonight's Tamarind dinner is as good as last night's.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm sorry you are also facing hip replacement surgery.  I hope the injections will help you for quite a while.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I hope your back problems don't lead to back surgery.  If it does, I strongly suggest you look into the surgery that doesn't involve using metal screws and rods.  The one DH had is less invasive and has good results.  DH's problem is not with the surgery, but with nerve damage from waiting too long due to Covid to have the surgery.  It is just taking time for the nerves to heal.  We've had two neighbors who had the same surgery by the same surgeon, and thy are doing well. It's the Karma MIS system that is fairly new.  In fact, I learned that DH's surgeon is redoing previous surgeries that used the screws and rods.  DH's problem was with L4 and L5, which is the easiest to repair.  I just wanted you to know there are other options than the traditional back surgery.  Also, our condolences to your neighbor's family and friends on his passing.  I'm glad Linda is improving.

@Cruising-along  Carolyn, I hope your can adjust to PST time soon.  It looks like the HOA may need to be more aggressive in getting those trees removed.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, your DH will be in my thoughts today for his oral surgery.  I'm sending positive thoughts that it will go smoothly and his recovery will be smooth and healing as quickly as possible.  Dr. Lenda would prescribe ice cream and milk shakes as comfort food.  🤣

@cruzn single  Mary Kay, I'm sorry your friend tested positive, but I'm very happy you were negative.  Sorry you got a cold.  I'm glad your stepson is beginning to recover from his adrenal gland surgery, and is able to get out some.  I hope he can stay positive, as that can be a big help in recovery.

Lenda

Lenda, thanks for the info on the new Karma MIS system.  I know too many people who have had back surgery with the rods and screws, etc.  My pain is low on my back so I believe L4 and L5 would be the general area for me too.  If I complain about it I'm sure they would have an MRI or something done.  I'm glad to hear that area is the easiest to repair.

23 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

I think the numbness is typical although "they" won't admit it. I still have some numb areas. No pain though. I am so careful about sun now - I may be overdoing it.

Susan

Sometimes we can stay out of the sun so much that we need Vitamin D supplements.😎 You don't want to be low on Vitamin D from what I hear.  I'm hoping the numbness will still decrease and disappear but to be honest most of the time I forget it's still numb up there.

16 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  The cornbread chili is interesting!  And I’d love A blue Hawaii!  Not sure about retinol day?   I’m far too aware of cancer, my dear aunt just diagnosed with another major one,  sadly too elderly for surgery.  Glad for good treatment personally, although I lost my DB at 30 to brain cancer.  So early detection helps in most cases, particularly skin cancers.  

I think bears are magnificent, but wouldn’t hug one! 

96F6E13A-A40D-4E62-ADB3-8055A13F9DF8.jpeg

DF9F4589-E79D-4C1F-A9F7-2CF8A628814A.jpeg

Early detection is right.  My DD just had her first dermatologist skin cancer check and got the all clear.  Such a relief to me because she is the same age I was when on my first check up, they found my melanoma on my upper back.  I had no idea there was a problematic mole back there.  Thank goodness it was early.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

Remember the washing machine? Today the store delivered the matching dryer but had no idea where the washer was. This store is notorious for problems with inventory management.

BTW, it was the washer that was broken.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

One last post before I start catching up on computer work.  These are the pictures from our Koningsdam cruises last fall and last spring.

I talked with one local about the change from the small fishing village we first saw in 1995 to the busy resort village with all the shops and restaurants.  He said he missed the old, small fishing village..  That one had a lot of charm.

Even though others have posted pictures of Los Arcos and Lovers Beach, I couldn't resist adding mine.  On our first visit to Cabo in 1995, we took a small boat out to circle Los Arcos.  It was fairly rough on the bay side and even rougher on the Pacific side.  DH wanted to walk on Lovers Beach.  I wisely decided to say on the boat.  DH had a hard time getting back in the boat, and I'm not sure I would have made in back in.

DSC09387.thumb.JPG.cdae1382d01947717a52fc3cf8d8a80a.JPG

DSC09390.thumb.JPG.c555a3da7b1bd9a93a4215f5d9dca9aa.JPG

On November 16, 2021, I met @dobiemom on shore for a drink.  We had a good time getting to know each other better.  Because of the Daily, we already felt like we knew each other.

62860886_WithMarcia2.thumb.jpg.a7564dcd0db23bae536416f2e44dc463.jpg

A new port building in the harbor to the right as the tender heads to the dock.DSC09317.thumb.JPG.8bdfc8bc203a5dae884cfe08f2d86b7c.JPG

In March there were a lot of pelicans in the harbor.  There was also this big fella, who I think is a sealion.  He would only move when they were launching the wave runners, then would swim right back to the ramp.

DSC09679.thumb.JPG.48ee8dd43417f57a4681fad03afc39a1.JPG

20220315_105024.thumb.jpg.144ba609d3739479ff475e36a464bba4.jpg

DSC09701.thumb.JPG.0fb40ef686b16964c031a750ec0b96a7.JPG

A view of the new waterfront area

DSC09326.thumb.JPG.205a8c9dfd3383a5e8400d131ccbd60d.JPG

The rest of the pictures are from the main street and some of the back streets, which were the main areas when we first visited Cabo.

DSC09325.thumb.JPG.7d6755baf3a7543774bb83975ddd4abc.JPG

DSC09408.thumb.JPG.6d6845c16bc2be039903598d6ba08f40.JPG

DSC09409.thumb.JPG.32a8d705d98ceb9ccfde9c171faaa32c.JPG

DSC09410.thumb.JPG.0f4fce701c19005c9fe5c3411cd77e8d.JPG

At least, the Giggling Marlin is still there, while the Hard Rock Cafe, Planet Hollywood, and Carlos and Charlies are all gone.  I still miss Carlos and Charlies.

DSC09401.thumb.JPG.175a627fe5916cf798641c8585eeecf6.JPG

Cabo Wabo complex

DSC09404.thumb.JPG.c7724a740e801d73f4303da2784c0c00.JPG

DSC09405.thumb.JPG.8ffe335a2b514541bae4569803e98d8a.JPG

Lenda

Very informative photos Lenda.

Nice photos of yourself and @dobiemom

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Definitely late to the party today.   Nice selection of days today, especially Cancer Awareness Day.  Interesting quote by Nietzsche.  I've been to Cabo several times and expect most of us have as well.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is a hot dog, as enjoyed yesterday, not for the culinary excellence but for the setting at the cafe in Bok Tower Gardens in Lake Wales, Florida.

lunch06.jpg

I haven't looked at most of today's thread so I may have missed some items for the list:

Today’s care list:

RIP Marshhawk’s friend 10/31
Kazu severe foot injury
Ottahand7 Brother headed to rehab with bed sores but improving
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy and new blood clot
Mister67 persistent hand injury
From the rotation:
Luvteaching DH recovering from fall and facing dimentia
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)
Cruisin Terri leak damage and recalcitrant insurance company
Sandi’s neighbor Linda recovering at home

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Dfish now in Midland and wired
Sharon in Charleston
Bolt Creek Fire contained
Ichiban Nekko settling into new house
Work about to start on Cruisin Terri’s house
2 days for me (Eurodam 11/9 to 11/20)
GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam 11/5 to 11/12), Dobiemom (NCL Bliss  to 11/13), CrazyForCats and segarsmoker (Nieuw Amsterdam to 11/13), Norseh2o (Sirena to 11/18), and  Kazu , 0106, jimgev, Heartgrove and ger_77 (Oosterdam 11/5 to 11/19) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy while you are on vacation.

Graham.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Best wishes and prayers to all in need.  Glad to see Roy made it safely down to Florida.  Graham — hope your hip situation continues to be manageable for many years to come.

DH’s oral surgery is at 4 today.  Not very simple given the amount of meds he is on and his diabetes.  This will be about a 5 week healing period.  I already went shopping for foods he may be able to eat.

Last day of beautiful weather here in southeastern PA.  Tomorrow will be a good day to stay in and watch election predictions and then results — in a timely manner, I hope.

Have a great day, everyone.  Katherine 

Thank you Katherine.

Sending you both our love and very best wishes for a successful surgery and recovery for your husband today.

Graham and Pauline x

• Like 5

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Lenda, thanks for the info on the new Karma MIS system.  I know too many people who have had back surgery with the rods and screws, etc.  My pain is low on my back so I believe L4 and L5 would be the general area for me too.  If I complain about it I'm sure they would have an MRI or something done.  I'm glad to hear that area is the easiest to repair.

Sometimes we can stay out of the sun so much that we need Vitamin D supplements.😎 You don't want to be low on Vitamin D from what I hear.  I'm hoping the numbness will still decrease and disappear but to be honest most of the time I forget it's still numb up there.

Early detection is right.  My DD just had her first dermatologist skin cancer check and got the all clear.  Such a relief to me because she is the same age I was when on my first check up, they found my melanoma on my upper back.  I had no idea there was a problematic mole back there.  Thank goodness it was early.

I'm pleased your daughter got the all clear from her skin check.

That must have been a worrying time when you had the melanoma diagnosis Sandi and I'm happy for you that it was caught early and sorted.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good warm 75 degree afternoon. Unfortunately, it’s the last day, it could stay like this forever.

There seems to be a few troll threads on here today. Posters whining about not having priority boarding because they are just regular cruisers and not elite. Another poster commenting on cutbacks they noticed 17 years ago. Where does it end ?

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.🙏❤️

• Like 13

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Cancer awareness and screening is very important. I have a teddy bear somewhere. Never used retinol.

Good quote. I like the meal, the drink and the wine.

I have been to Cabo San Lucas, on my Panama Canal cruise from LA to NYC, my last before the "pause". 

It's sunny and 65 now, although by the weekend we'll be back in the 40's. I had a rough night; stomach issues kept me awake until about 3AM and I had to be up at 6! The test went ok, and I knew results by the time I got home, after a grocery store stop. The gallbladder seems ok, but now they want an endoscopy. I had a lot of discomfort after eating breakfast around noon, and not sure if that's from the test or just the usual stuff.

@grapau27 Sorry to hear about the hip. Like you I'm trying to delay a knee operation if I can. The Gel injection seems to be helping.

@StLouisCruisers Sad about your neighbor. It sounds good that Linda is up to visitors.

@dfish So nice to be able to conveniently visit with family! Congrats on being connected at home now. Thanks for the recipes.

@Cruising-along Oh my on a 2nd neighbor with a tree down on their house!

@marshhawk So sorry to hear of Shari's passing at such a young age. Prayers to you and all her friends and family. It sounds like you have great memories from your friendship.

@Damcruiser Sad to hear of so much cancer in the family. Prayers for all.

@Lady Hudson Prayers for DH's oral surgery today that it goes well and recovery is progresses well.

@cruzn single I'm glad you're testing negative and hope the cold leaves soon. Sorry the cruise food was a disappointment. Prayers for your stepson as he battles his cancers. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the Cabo pictures. Nice to see you and @dobiemom . Setting those difficult clocks today, and I've set a timer!

@smitty34877 I hope you too can stave off hip surgery with injections. 

@HAL4NOW Woohoo on the power being back on!

@kochleffel Wow, that store needs help; I wouldn't be happy.

@bennybear Sorry to hear about your aunt's cancer. Great bear photos. 

Prayers for the Care List and high five to those on the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

From May 2021:

Only a couple of pics since mine are similar to others poster.

823557805_006-11.5.19Cabo.thumb.jpg.8534565a88d20fbde4e428dd69e8239d.jpg

1912458445_008-11.5.19Cabo.thumb.jpg.0f6edcb110169c1c0172508ffd1462d2.jpg

1302176269_024-11.5.19ElArcoCabo.thumb.jpg.b7fc6245ee50a9c5fcf45d545ff5678e.jpg

At the glass factory in Cabo

615475980_049-11.5.19GlasswindowatTheGlassFactoryCabo.thumb.jpg.246b7e300ca0039d6e12086d4a1fd7f6.jpg

•  
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 9

17 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Cancer awareness and screening is very important. I have a teddy bear somewhere. Never used retinol.

I have been to Cabo San Lucas, on my Panama Canal cruise from LA to NYC, my last before the "pause". 

It's sunny and 65 now, although by the weekend we'll be back in the 40's. I had a rough night; stomach issues kept me awake until about 3AM and I had to be up at 6! The test went ok, and I knew results by the time I got home, after a grocery store stop. The gallbladder seems ok, but now they want an endoscopy. I had a lot of discomfort after eating breakfast around noon, and not sure if that's from the test or just the usual stuff.

@grapau27 Sorry to hear about the hip. Like you I'm trying to delay a knee operation if I can. The Gel injection seems to be helping.

@StLouisCruisers Sad about your neighbor. It sounds good that Linda is up to visitors.

@dfish So nice to be able to conveniently visit with family! Congrats on being connected at home now. Thanks for the recipes.

@marshhawk So sorry to hear of Shari's passing at such a young age. Prayers to you and all her friends and family. It sounds like you have great memories from your friendship.

@Lady Hudson Prayers for DH's oral surgery today that it goes well and recovery is progresses well.

@cruzn single I'm glad you're testing negative and hope the cold leaves soon. Sorry the cruise food was a disappointment. Prayers for your stepson as he battles his cancers. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the Cabo pictures. Nice to see you and @dobiemom . Setting those difficult clocks today, and I've set a timer!

Stay safe everyone.

From May 2021:

615475980_049-11.5.19GlasswindowatTheGlassFactoryCabo.thumb.jpg.246b7e300ca0039d6e12086d4a1fd7f6.jpg

•  

Thank you Vanessa.

I hope your discomfort after eating breakfast is nothing serious.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 5

Good Morning from the Noordam in. 
brisbane. 
    So appropriate for it to be hug a bear day. I am headed out to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary to hug a koala.  Currently waiting to clear customs. 
    Just got a notice that a hurricane is headed to Cocoa Beach. My wonderful nephew said not to worry , he will take care of it. We had shut everything down before we left and he has continued to check it out. Nothing we can do anyway!

Be safe and enjoy today

Charlene 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Stay safe everyone.

From May 2021:

•  

Vanessa, your stomach problem sounds very uncomfortable to keep you up at night.  I've been there a few times myself.  I really hope the testing finds the problem and that someone can help you.  It's very discouraging when they test and test but nothing seems to show up.  Prayers for you to have a better night tonight. 🙏  And thanks for your photos of Cabo.  The glass factory mosaic is beautiful!

14 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

brisbane. 
    So appropriate for it to be hug a bear day. I am headed out to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary to hug a koala.  Currently waiting to clear customs. 
    Just got a notice that a hurricane is headed to Cocoa Beach. My wonderful nephew said not to worry , he will take care of it. We had shut everything down before we left and he has continued to check it out. Nothing we can do anyway!

Be safe and enjoy today

Charlene 

Oh what happy memories Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary brings to mind! 🐨 You will enjoy it for sure.  Hopefully the upcoming storm doesn't do any damage to the poor citizens of Florida.  Things can change as we all know, and I hope it does this time.🤞

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

brisbane. 

Be safe and enjoy today

Charlene 

Charlene

The NHS and NOAA are not sure if it will be TS Nicole or hurricane Nicole by the time the storm reaches us.

The biggest concern is that so many places are still flooded from Ian, so they do not need Nicole’s rain and the Full Moon “King” tides.  The St John’s river basin - especially!

I think your nephew is calling it correctly.  Enjoy yourself!

Ann 

• Like 10

I did not hug a bear today, I ate a bear paw from Panera, and it will hug my hips later.  Actually I bought a build a bear on our last cruise-to help St. Jude's .  Because we have been naming everything these days after Formula 1 drivers, we ended up with an F3 driver's name-Ollie Bearman.  Or is he F2, think F3, but I have been sleeping with said bear since the cruise, and oddly enough I cough less.

Went back to work today too, but we didn't get back from DH's appointment until 4:20, so I worked 4:30 to 8:30.  

Our mail man is still driving around at 9:14 at night.  There is something so wrong with this.  Guess I'll check the box.

Tomorrow night we are going to our first local County symphony.   We became subscribers this year, and will be attending our first one.

the_cat_symphony_by_na0h-d8usw4d.jpg

• Like 9

Good evening everyone.

i don’t know what is going on with me.  I had the new Covid booster on Thursday.  I seemed okay on Friday. However, the last two days, I have been in LaLa land.

I am just exhausted and just want to sleep all day.  I guess I had a delayed reaction to the shot.

Today Jim went to our house to wait for a UPS delivery and I stayed at the Condo and tried to work on the emails.  Didn’t get much done.

We did have the cleaners come in to tidy up.  Glad i did that.  It was worth the money and saved my back.  

Then I pretty much slept on and off all day. Now I am ready to go back to bed again.

Will post more tomorrow.

God bless and good night.

Terri

• Like 10

12 hours ago, marshhawk said:

I did not hug a bear today, I ate a bear paw from Panera, and it will hug my hips later.  Actually I bought a build a bear on our last cruise-to help St. Jude's .  Because we have been naming everything these days after Formula 1 drivers, we ended up with an F3 driver's name-Ollie Bearman.  Or is he F2, think F3, but I have been sleeping with said bear since the cruise, and oddly enough I cough less.

Went back to work today too, but we didn't get back from DH's appointment until 4:20, so I worked 4:30 to 8:30.  

Our mail man is still driving around at 9:14 at night.  There is something so wrong with this.  Guess I'll check the box.

Tomorrow night we are going to our first local County symphony.   We became subscribers this year, and will be attending our first one.

the_cat_symphony_by_na0h-d8usw4d.jpg

Wow, Annie, 9:14 pm and no mail delivery!  You beat our carrier's time by 2 hours.  I thought almost 7:30 pm was terrible.  I'm feeling sorry for the person working such a late shift though.  

11 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening everyone.

i don’t know what is going on with me.  I had the new Covid booster on Thursday.  I seemed okay on Friday. However, the last two days, I have been in LaLa land.

I am just exhausted and just want to sleep all day.  I guess I had a delayed reaction to the shot.

Today Jim went to our house to wait for a UPS delivery and I stayed at the Condo and tried to work on the emails.  Didn’t get much done.

We did have the cleaners come in to tidy up.  Glad i did that.  It was worth the money and saved my back.  

Then I pretty much slept on and off all day. Now I am ready to go back to bed again.

Will post more tomorrow.

God bless and good night.

Terri

Hope you start feeling more energetic soon.  Sometimes our bodies just make us slow down and rest.  I started to watch a 9 pm program last night and 10 minutes later turned it off and went to bed.  I couldn't keep my eyes open for some reason.  😴

• Like 3