At Sea Destination Hobart, Tasmania Australia eta 3-07

Westerdam

Kaohsiung, Taiwan China 08:00 - 17:00

image.thumb.png.a55ee5d6b8d3a417b036a01889221ab1.png

image.thumb.png.ce8b19dfeb6891f42ff31a066fa505c8.png

Sandi for Rich and Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 14

Good morning friends!  It's bright and early on a Sunday morning.  We are cooler today with 46F at the moment.  Later we will rise to 71 and be sunny all day.  Nice!  Next Sunday we will be all discombobulated because we have to change our clocks forward one hour so get ready for that feeling of being out of sorts.  Since this is my day off from the treadmill I will probably be heading back to bed when I finish here.

Thank you Rich @richwmnfor arranging the Daily material for today for us.  Today we have Multiple Personality Day.  I'm pretty sure that isn't a good thing.  As for Namesake Day, that is an excellent one.  It's a day for honoring your name and where you got it.  Many of us are named after our parents or grandparents, or have family members who are.  Cheers to them!  And last, Reel Film Day.  I guess I don't have any thoughts on that one but I bet some of you do.  

A nice quote for today, and the menu suggestion sounds very good.  We fix our pot roast and potatoes in a slow cooker (crock pot) and don't own an instant pot.  Thanks in advance for the recipes today Debbie @dfishand I will bet they are all delicious.  No thanks to the drink, but I may partake of the Colombia Brut.  Waiting for the review from Ann @cat shepard.

Prayers for all our members on the Care list this morning.  Thank you to Graham @grapau27for Father David's sermon!  I hope all are benefitting from the prayers we all send up. 🙏 A salute to those Celebrating.  May you all enjoy your happy events to the fullest.🥂

Today we have the port of Boracay Island, Caticlan, Philippines which has been presented here once before on Sept. 8, 2022, only 6 months ago.  I have not been there before and have no photos.  Here is a link to the earlier date so that you can retrieve your photos if you posted some then.  Can't wait to see them!

Everyone, stay safe and have a fantastic first Sunday in March!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.   Today's meal suggestion is on the menu today but made in the oven. After a 4am attempt to get me out of bed I was allowed to sleep in until 5:45.  Today's agenda is to go to Aldi.  I hope everyone has a good day today. 

This one may have multiple personalities. 

20220828_154443.thumb.jpg.d38d639b1dcf3c4db535a0c418d60189.jpg

I could use a dose of this.

• Like 32

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

We've got more flurries in the forecast, things looks bright and shiny because of the newly fallen snow.  Jim got the snowblower out yesterday to clear the driveway, hope he doesn't have to do that again soon.

An interesting collection of days.  I'm not sure about multiple personalities.  I was named after a character in a book.  Mom thought Melanie was the sweetest person, I always remember the skit on the Carol Burnett show called "Went with the Wind". 🙂   I'm a fan of old movies.

True quote.

The meal sounds good, but I don't have an instant pot, I cooked a roast beef in the slow cooker on Friday.

I'm not sure about the drink, but I'm sure I'll like the wine.

Thanks for the pictures of today's port.

Prayers for many.  I hope there are lots of celebrations.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Stay safe.

• Like 25

It is currently 11.45am here in North East England and 46°F.

We had a lovely church service this morning and Father David acknowledged my dad's memory during prayers.

We are at the hall of remembrance now reading my dad's name in the book of remembrance.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230305_114122.jpg

Screenshot_20230305_113810.jpg

Screenshot_20230305_114157.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia

Dailyites in the path of storms

Vict0riann’s DD and DH with health issues

Citizens of Ukraine/ New Zealand/Earthquake victims/E. Palestine & PA residents

From the rotation:

Summer slope’s kitty having problems

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Former President Jimmy Carter in home hospice care

Scrapnana undergoing chemotherapy

Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Mamaofami feeling better

Vict0riann’s Pat feeling better

Cruzin Terri’s tilers working at her house

Luvteaching’s DH at home

Bon Voyage TAW1963

RMLincoln family cruise (Rotterdam to 3/8), SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam to 3/11), Cruisercl (NCL Bliss to 3/12), TAW1963 (Ruby Princess 3/12), ottahand7 and Lindaler (Volendam to 3/18), Suslor (Zaandam to 3/18), Seasick Sailor and 57redbird (Koningsdam to 3/25), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 19
  • Thanks 11

Happy Sunday

Cucumber Melon Margarita cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Hornitos® Plata Tequila
3/4 part Midori® Melon Liqueur
3/4 part Lime Juice
1/2 part Agave Syrup
3 slices of Cucumber
3 cubes of Fresh Cantaloupe

Instructions
Muddle cucumber slices, lime juice and agave in a mixing tin. Add ice, Midori® Melon Liqueur and tequila. Shake and strain over iced rocks glass with a salt and lime zested rim. Garnish with 3 cubes of fresh cantaloupe.

Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 7.28.16 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9

Sandi thank you for starting off our day with a positive note! Rich, thank you for making it happen. Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with all of us so well!

Just a quick visit this morning. Taking a good friend out for a birthday brunch celebration. We are going to an amazing food place that offers Mimosa flights with their Sunday brunches. The food is innovative and delicious and the Mimosa flights are fun. 

5FD24A3D-215B-4365-9943-F2D27A37E6B4.jpeg.b7435b2dabaa975f4e991cace4d5a22b.jpeg

085D05F3-4199-4793-BE0C-3B5C2DB3AC9B.jpeg.d2294b500273dddc476c3d5fae1c2eb2.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Domaine Ste. Michelle Brut, Columbia Valley, Washington State

This easy to find & very reasonable sparkling wine will “sing with your meal”. I would need to taste this first, since I am a bit leery of “not too dry”. But with online prices starting at $9.99, I can afford that taste. 

Winemaker Notes

Not too dry or sweet, Michelle Brut is a palate-pleasing sparkling wine that delivers aromas and flavors of apples and citrus with a light, toasty finish. Blend: 63% Chardonnay, 19% Pinot Noir, 18% Pinot Gris
W&S90
Wine & Spirits
Broad and expressive in its pear and lemon aromas, this steal of a sparkler has wonderful cut. It’s driven by clean, chalky minerality and a modest phenolic bite that will make it sing with a meal—even a simple roast chicken.
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 3

Good morning. A little cooler this morning (58) but should be in upper seventies this afternoon. We never made it to the beach yesterday but had an enjoyable day at home.

Won’t be long today as we have church this morning as we try and do every Sunday.

Today I may watch some of the NASCAR race from Las Vegas and maybe spend some time outdoors as it appears it’s going to be a beautiful day and week.

Thanks for the report and postings.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.2c0f53c230616a0272ad934b18bde70f.jpegimage.jpeg.80bea313431f2fb5f3ecb259e0a6223f.jpegimage.jpeg.9cf07fee55da1559828f653360a16e33.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.66e4ccbab914217c81a622e7ff82c330.jpegimage.jpeg.60a75d656460b5dc65569262634c8989.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Haha 17

Thanks for the Fleet Update and general info.

Oh boy, Multiple Personality Day. Finally I can celebrate something that is close and dear to me. While on the CC I am RedneckBob. Away from the CC I am a nuclear scientist. Got my training at Alabama Technical and Farming School. I learned how to split atoms from the textbook “Splitting Atoms for Dummies”.

As far as Namesake Day, I doubt very much if someone has the same name as me unless it a distance family member where the family tree failed to fork.

As far as the quote of the day, if I called any of mine friends at 4 am I would not have any friends.

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 6
  • Haha 18

Thank You Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Ann, Debbie, Dixie, Graham and other contributors for today's edition and inspiration.  Very late posting although I was up at 5.  When I had more energy I would start things off in the kitchen (mostly yesterday's dishes) popping into the kitchen as needed while working on my laptop but now once I enter the kitchen I just stay there, also doing laundry and a couple of other things before signing on.  Today was an exceptionally late day.

I am named after a cousin who I did not meet until late in his life.  Do I have an online personality and an in person personality.  Sometimes I think so.  I have great memories of reel films, very often used while I was in school.  Sadly, I have not been to either the Philippines or Taiwan. 

Sept well last night until 3AM.  I don't think I slept after that but it did not feel like 2 hours before I was up so may have slept some.

Roy

• Like 29

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I don't have multiple personalities, but I've had multiple names over the years.  Pretty sure I wasn't named after anyone.  My uncle was the projectionist at the theatre in our town; I remember going into the room with him and amazed at the size of the film reels.  I love the quote and hope I'm one of those friends.

Well it's dark and cold outside right now; we're sitting at -20C with a wind chill of -29C.  We're only going to go up about 4 degrees, so there won't be any outdoor activities happening for us.  What I have noticed, however, is that it's still daylight at 5:30PM, so that gives me hope that spring will eventually come.  LOL

I know many of my Daily friends are non-drinkers, and I hope this doesn't offend you.  A friend sent it to me late last night and it threw me into fits of laughter.  The last thing I remember before falling asleep is giggling about it.  DH laughed, but thought I was nuts because I couldn't stop laughing.

BabyYoda.thumb.jpg.9c30be9a5acd6e6879fe8bc480d4e0a7.jpg

Okay, I just have to share this with you - our DS sent me a message about a conversation he had with our 3 year old grandson.  It went like this:

Parker:  Wanna go to Grammas.

Dad:  Why's that?

Parker:  Gramma loves me.

Dad:  What about Mommy, Daddy, and big brother, don't we love you?

Parker:  Yah, but Gramma loves me a lot.

- I pretty much melted.  Can't wait to see them next month when we head to Calgary for his big brother's birthday.

I usually make a pot roast either in the oven or slow cooker (mostly slow cooker), but haven't used the Instant Pot for one.  I like the smell in the house when it's cooking, and think we'd miss that if I used the IP.  I don't have to worry about what to make for dinner, as DH's daughter has invited us over for dinner tonight.  Pretty sure we'll be having ham and scalloped potatoes (a specialty of hers), at her dining table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 30
  • Haha 3

Good morning, everyone!

Right now it is overcast and 32F but the sun is supposed to come out later and the temp is supposed to get into the 40s.  That is good enough to take advantage of and we will find a place for a nice hike/walk.  We may end up back at Dow Gardens because they do such a great job clearing the paths.

I think today's meal would be good if done in a slow cooker, the oven, or the instant pot.  The instant pot is for those late afternoons when you hit on pot roast as dinner for the day.  The slow cooker and oven are for when  you plan ahead.  

I think this one looks the best.  It is really a dish for @Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda with all the carrots.  https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/instant-pot-pot-roast-potatoes/

potroast1.thumb.jpg.ad55c37991b30a9111daeefe85801dba.jpg

This next one would create a wonderful aroma with the tomato paste, garlic, and worcestershire sauce along with the meat.  https://kristineskitchenblog.com/instant-pot-pot-roast/

potroast2.thumb.jpg.7cb6d43b5bb0c7d77afaef2d91397ddb.jpg

This next recipe comes from America's Test Kitchen.   https://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/classic-pot-roast-and-potatoes/

potroast3.jpg.a2a276ee4a07080c79a582de07af6745.jpg

Here is the Yorkshire pudding recipe.  https://www.seriouseats.com/the-best-yorkshire-pudding-popover-recipe

YorkshirePudding.thumb.jpg.804aec7db2e1c74226a082df3f26d0e3.jpg

This last recipe has a touch of horseradish in it.  That sounds really interesting to me.   https://amindfullmom.com/instant-pot-pot-roast/

potroast4.thumb.jpg.a33c569bb33e055de68722b6ce5aa55d.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 9

Good Sunday morning from Manaus.  Thanks for all the work done on our Daily Reports and comestibles.   Prayers for all on our Care list and the people of Ukraine. 

Our triple boat rides  (tender included) were fun yesterday except for the deluge that we had returning on our double decker boat and long wait on pier for return tenders held back during storm. It was nice to drag my hand in the warm Amazon as we did our small boat tour.  We saw many pink and gray dolphins, a Toucan, Caracara, Egrets and a small water bird on the giant lily pads.  

We are taking it easy today.  We have the Boi Bumba show tomorrow in Parintins.  Our wonderful cruise is slowly winding down.  😿

Jupiter and Venus in the night sky on Friday and from our boat rides yesterday.  Have a nice day. Nancy 

IMG_20230303_193945941_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230304_140242904_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230304_140552593_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230304_154044650_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230304_155342868_HDR.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Good morning. It looks like a nice day already with sunshine and  forty degrees. I am going to see my good friend later and perhaps we will walk by the pretty harbor in her town of Mamaroneck. She no longer drives due to visual problems so I try to combine my visits with practical things like grocery store visits.

I was named for both grandmothers and loved them both dearly. I was so fortunate to have them in my life until age twenty. I remember the large reels of film from our school days . I usually make my pot roast in the slow cooker these days as I love the smell as it cooks. My recipe is similar to the first one with tomato paste  and  Worcestershire sauce. 

@ger_77, I laughed so hard at the person who set their calculator as an alarm and certainly was not offended. My family often recalls the things I did during my short but intense drinking days and now we can laugh at some of them. I loved the conversation your DS reported back to you. So sweet.

DD is manning the home front while I go out today. We decided it was a good day not to cook anything and order from our favorite diner. It will be a vacation day around here.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites!  48 degrees here and very sunny.  Sky has been beautifully clear since the big storms on Friday.

Do you remember the movie Sybil?  Well I had a neighbor who had more personalities than Sybil.  I think at last count she had more than 64.  All caused by sexual abuse by a very strange religion her parents belonged to when she was a child.  We shared a duplex. She was in A and I was in B.  Most of her personalities were children, (between the ages of 4 and 8  and she would often show up and tell me great stories (none of them true) but you know how children's imaginations are so good!  Some of her personalities were of very strict and severe adults. She would often show up at dinner time, especially when she was in child mode because all she would know how to cook, was tomato soup.  And she wanted something better. The sad part was that she had been married once, and she had two children, a boy and a girl.  And one day in one of her terrible adult personalities, she tried to kill them.  Her ex husband got custody of the kids, Thank the Lord, and she took off.   Who knows how damaged her children were.

Namesake...well I was named Ann, which means Grace.  My Dad's mom was named Grace.  And my mother's mom was named Fannie, a derivative of Ann.  Mom wanted to name me Fannie (thank God she didn't get her wish) and Dad wanted to name me Grace. So I ended up being Ann. 

Reel film?  Well I ran the reel projectors for both the Great Swamp, and the local Audubon society.  A skill that was appreciated, as I was just a volunteer.  My friend Penny was the projectionist at the Woodruff Arts Center.  She was a real reel operator.

0e6b825745e1ccfaca435b12e5ce6bbe.png

No matter what you do today, I hope you enjoy the day!

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 26

Multiple personalities day.  Is that similar to split personalities squared or some other math equation?  Well as the old candy ad used to say, sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don't.  As far as namesake day goes, that would be my cruise critic handle.  My two favorite things are Travel and Napping, so Travelnap it is.

• Like 24

Good morning from a cloudy central Texas where it is currently in the low 58F.  Our high this afternoon is predicted to reach 77F.   I'm glad that yesterday, I could get out and work in the yard on a warm sunny day.  It felt good to be outside and working.  Fortunately, I'm not as sore today as I thought I would be.  Maybe, walking almost everyday since Christmas helped my leg muscles handle all the bending, etc.  The main thing on the agenda today is making and decorating DH's birthday cake.

Multiple personality day is an interesting day to celebrate.  I imagine many people have a family personality and a slightly different one for being around others.  I don't think I've known anyone with two or more distinct personalities.  My first name was my mother's middle name and one that appears often in our family tree.  My middle name is a combination of my grandfathers' names.  One grandfather was Len (Leonard) and the other was D.A. (David Albert), but he went by his initials since he was D. A. junior.  I remember the big reels of film, and occasionally having to wait while the projectionist had to repair a broken film.  We still have many reels of home movies beginning with my father's that date back to my birth.  Last year, DH transferred all but two of them to memory chips.  The two not transferred are very dry and brittle, so I'm afraid those imagines are lost unless we send them out to be transferred.

I am lucky that I have two good friends I can call at 4 am, and one is my nextdoor neighbor who I've known forever.

After years of cooking pot roast in the oven, I started cooking them in a pressure cooker, then switched to an Instant Pot.  The house still smells like pot roast cooking, but just not as long as the oven or slow cooker method.  I still have a roast for pot roast in the freezer and will make it in a few days. 

We'll pass on the drink, but I would like to try the wine.  Chateau St. Michelle's Riesling is not too dry or too sweet, so hopefully, the Domaine Ste. Michelle Brut is about the same.

We have not been to Boracay Island in the Philippines.  We finally made it to Manilla in 2018.

@Crazy For Cats  Jake, I think all of us would like to be viewing the scene from the video in person.

@grapau27  Graham, thank you for the explanation of two of our days.  I hope your great memories of your dad make today a little less sad.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, thank you for keeping track of us and giving us the lists.  Sadly, in a few months, we'll probably need to add the year to the last dates that @St. Louis Sal and @JAM37 last posted.  I hope they are both doing well and are just busy with their lives.

@cat shepard  Ann, enjoy the birthday lunch with your friend.  I loved the cat memes.

@aliaschief  Bruce, thanks again for all the great memes.

@rafinmd  Roy, I'm sorry you are still waking up at 3 am.  Sometimes, just lying still in bed can be restful, and allow you to at least doze.

@ger_77  Gerry, I liked your meme, and loved reading the conversation between your DS and Parker.

@dfish  Debbie, that first recipe with all the carrots looks really good.  I had to laugh when I read your comment.

@ottahand7  Nancy, thanks for all the pictures.  They bring back wonderful memories of our time in Manaus.  We did that tour, and the next day along with another couple, hired one of the small boats near the dock and went back into the jungle.  We stopped at one house where the father and kids came out with a small green parrot, a three toed sloth and an anaconda.  DH petted the snake and I petted the sloth, who's fur was very soft.

IMG_0431.thumb.JPG.57219a561aa94218c57bb76782813743.JPG

IMG_0435.thumb.JPG.b3999ad12a5fc5445cded91c8a299779.JPG

@smitty34877 Terry, enjoy your visit with your friend.  Glad DD can help man the home front today.

@marshhawk  Annie, you have and are leading a very interesting life. Thanks for sharing the story of you former neighbor.

I may have left out some of you who posted memes, and I want you to know that I enjoy all of them.

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4