Sun Princess sister?

RMS Olympic

Having read a second ship is due in the spring of 2025, has anyone seen any info as to its name, possible changes or home port?

Depending on how early in the spring she will be delivered, her steel cutting should be starting soon.

I’d like to make her maiden voyage😉

No, but let the games begin.  Since these ships are being referred to as the "Sphere" class, I think we can predict that the names will evoke some imagery of round objects, just as the Sun is a round burning ball of gas.  So too is a "Star", and the name "Star Princess" has past history and is available.  And if they want to introduce a new name, I think "Global Princess" would fit nicely.  So those are my predictions.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

... just as the Sun is a round burning ball of gas.  ...

For a day now I've been perseverating on this part of your post. I think Bloviating Princess would be a great name! 😅

• Haha 5

My guesses have also been Star or Sea. Princess is clearly trying to recycle its vintage names for nostalgic reasons and that's fine.

As for home port ideas, if she doesn't get delayed, then I'm pretty sure she'll have a European summer. I've seen that Sun will be in the Med again for summer 2025 so I'm making the prediction Star/Sea will be homeported in Southampton for the summer, not unlike what P&O's Iona has been doing. Competition and demand are both rising from there, so it seems fitting.

And then I'm guessing it will join Sun in Port Everglades and they'll become the sister duo cruising to the Caribbean, just like what Royal and Regal did for many years.

4 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I think it will be Sea Princess

Cruising a lot about the Sun and the Sea, so it makes sense.  IMO, many suggestions make sense except "Global", @JimmyVWine - I just don't think it has any romantic sound to it and I am thinking PCL wants to evoke something more along that line.

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

I just don't think it has any romantic sound to it

If I were in the conference room where the discussion is taking place, I would pitch it as a nod to inclusivity and world outreach--two ideals that Princess is clearly aiming for.  I don't think "Pacific" will be used as it is too geographically limiting.  Frankly, I'm not sure we will see that name again.  It made sense when the ship sailed mostly out of San Pedro.  But no ship get tethered to one area any more, as they are all world travelers, repositioned as needed, around the Globe.  So "Global" fits.  Still, there are many previously used names currently up for grabs, so picking one of those is more likely, but I still think they will aim for something that gives a nod to the Sphere designation.  "Sea" and "Dawn" don't do it for me.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Cruising a lot about the Sun and the Sea, so it makes sense.  IMO, many suggestions make sense except "Global", @JimmyVWine - I just don't think it has any romantic sound to it and I am thinking PCL wants to evoke something more along that line.

If you take a look at @wowzzon Sky Princess newest thread he mentions in post #134 that the Captain was discussing Sea Princess.  Either it’s a typo or that’s the new name

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yehootu said:

If it's the same layout as the Sun Princess, I think Uranus would be appropriate.

This is spot on !!

From what I see of the deck plans Princess is heading in the wrong direction.  See you on a different ship. 

Uranus is the perfect name. 

• Like 1

Pacific Princess. And it should go to Australia/NZ first at least for the first season.

We have never had a brand new ship. We always have to get the hand me downs.

Edited by icat2000
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, icat2000 said:

Pacific Princess. And it should go to Australia/NZ first at least for the first season.

We have never had a brand new ship. We always have to get the hand me downs.

hopefully this new alignment with China and CCL , will bring new cruise ships your way. 🤞

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 7:59 PM, symui said:

From what I see of the deck plans Princess is heading in the wrong direction.  See you on a different ship. 

Cry me a river. 😭😭😭

You still have 15 other ships in the fleet to cruise on as well of course all of their competitors ships.