The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday May 1st, 2023

21 minutes ago, Denise T said:

Lenda, no they did not. They said not to eat or drink for half an hour. I took some ibuprophen and the pain is starting to dwindle. Starting to feel a little better. 

They didn't tell me either when I had oral surgery.  The dentist mentioned it the next day when he called to see how I was doing.  I didn't let on that his staff forgot to mention the warm salt water rinse.  I'm glad the ibuprofen is helping.

Lenda

• Like 14

@kazu Thank you for posting the photo of you and Jose. Beautiful. And for sharing so much of your joys together with us over the years and the journeys!  💐

@marshhawk Annie, I used a TracFone for years.  They have an international add-on for $10. You add it to your account and international calls are deducted per minute use. And I don’t think it expires. I hope it’s easy for you, lessens your stress about making calls in Canada. It’s one of the things I miss about TracFone, it was easy. 

@grapau27  I’m very encouraged about your positive experience with MSC. We might consider them. Hoping you can get on a good path for your hip issues. Mine are working🤞, not able to walk as far as I have on our travels, but working!  Will get to pool this week for exercises. And I did recognize several of your exercises that you posted the drawings for!  Universal challenges!  

For now our priority is to stabilize DHs eye issues. Going Wednesday for pressure check (been off the double med eye drop for a week, both eyes, the surgical one with the new stent drain and the other too, so we’ll learn…). 🙏 

Blessing to all in need of healing paths, comfort, hope or strength!  Prayers, hearts and hugs!  

Yay for all celebrating milestones 🥂🌠. Life is Good!  

Smooth travels fir all away, and especially for those on cruises. Ice @JazzyV, take care of that knee!  🥴

Having tea today with a close friend (long ago friend from Albuquerque that fate has brought me to again and after decades of living in different parts of the country, we now live in the same complex!) who has a NM friend of her’s visiting here in MD. Should be a fun visit. 

Weather has been a bit wet, blustery and cool but I don’t have to be out in it much so I don’t mind it. I rather like the frequent changes in the weather around here, and none of it is particularly bad. And I prefer cool to hot. 💨

Blessings all for a good start to May and the week!  (I said my rabbits way too early today 🤣, but I did get back to sleep!)
Maureen 

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Greetings from Hili, Hawaii, where it is 7:15 am and my day is just starting.  Happy Hawaiian Lei Day, I certainly have been "leing" around in Hawaii as I've been here at the hospital for 10 days. 

My friends onboard the Noordam should arrive tomorrow in Vancouver, thus ending the 39 day cruise we began in Auckland March 25. I was shorted 10 days.

pics are my favorite Philapeano RN and his students bedside and the view out my window from my 3rd floor window. 

Happy May Day/Happy Lei Day!

20230428_091053.jpg

20230501_064438.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Graham, your first photo is my next ship.

Roy

QM2 had to cancel the last 2 transatlantic crossings at short notice because of a problem leaving a lot of peoples plans in chaos.

I understand it is sailing again tomorrow so hopefully it will be good for you when you sail on her Roy.

Graham.

IMG_20230427_202416.jpg

IMG_20230427_202319.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

@kazu Thank you for posting the photo of you and Jose. Beautiful. And for sharing so much of your joys together with us over the years and the journeys!  💐

@marshhawk Annie, I used a TracFone for years.  They have an international add-on for $10. You add it to your account and international calls are deducted per minute use. And I don’t think it expires. I hope it’s easy for you, lessens your stress about making calls in Canada. It’s one of the things I miss about TracFone, it was easy. 

@grapau27  I’m very encouraged about your positive experience with MSC. We might consider them. Hoping you can get on a good path for your hip issues. Mine are working🤞, not able to walk as far as I have on our travels, but working!  Will get to pool this week for exercises. And I did recognize several of your exercises that you posted the drawings for!  Universal challenges!  

For now our priority is to stabilize DHs eye issues. Going Wednesday for pressure check (been off the double med eye drop for a week, both eyes, the surgical one with the new stent drain and the other too, so we’ll learn…). 🙏 

Blessing to all in need of healing paths, comfort, hope or strength!  Prayers, hearts and hugs!  

Yay for all celebrating milestones 🥂🌠. Life is Good!  

Smooth travels fir all away, and especially for those on cruises. Ice @JazzyV, take care of that knee!  🥴

Having tea today with a close friend (long ago friend from Albuquerque that fate has brought me to again and after decades of living in different parts of the country, we now live in the same complex!) who has a NM friend of her’s visiting here in MD. Should be a fun visit. 

Weather has been a bit wet, blustery and cool but I don’t have to be out in it much so I don’t mind it. I rather like the frequent changes in the weather around here, and none of it is particularly bad. And I prefer cool to hot. 💨

Blessings all for a good start to May and the week!  (I said my rabbits way too early today 🤣, but I did get back to sleep!)
Maureen 

Thank you Maureen.

MSC do a loyalty status match with most cruise lines.

You need to provide proof of your other cruise loyalty to qualify.

If you decide to give MSC a try join the voyager club loyalty which gives you an extra 5% discount off the cruise you book once you join and have a number and any future bookings.

We got their top level diamond level through our Princess Elite loyalty which was a big bonus with excellent benefits.

I'm pleased to hear your hips are working better.

Good luck for your husband's eye issues.

Graham.

• Like 17

Good morning to Dailyites who make this a great read in the morning. Our 58 days at sea traveling around South America (2/7-4/6/23) was our best trip ever. We spent one day at home and then traveled to Arizona to celebrate Dear Mother’s 103 birthday, (4/7/23) with a small group of family and friends on 4/8. Ruth is frail, still reading the paper each day,  loved celebrating Easter at her old church in Peoria, Az with a few of us.
I will wear a muumuu, listen to Hawaiian music, and watch hula dancers to celebrate Lei Day today as we are in Hawaii with daughter and family. A wave to St Pete Cruiser at the Hilo Hospital, thinking of Kazu on this memorable day. Thanks to all for the pictures, memories, food and drink ideas.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Hello . I have not been able to post much recently. Things are chaotic here and of course very upsetting at times. Our teenager is having a difficult time as Tana is not doing well lately. She has pneumonia again and the situation is scary even though this has happened before. The Pulmonary Fibrosis has worsened suddenly and we are all trying hard to hold things together. I am very aware that none of this is cheerful  and it was a struggle to write these few sentences.

However, I am holding, @kazu,Jacqui in my heart as today has to be very sad. I love the picture of the two of you .

@JazzyV, Vanessa, I hope your knees are ok today or at least a little better. Do you have a cane?

@StPeteCruiser, I hope you are able to travel home soon. It looks like you have very good caregivers!

We had wicked rain for two days and the basement was flooding. We have a sump pump that saved the day but DSIL was mopping yesterday and today for hours. I am happy to report the sun is shining now.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 19

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning everyone!

We had an excellent dinner last night with good friends and then retired early at our Bellingham hotel. 
On our way now to Vancouver, the border will be coming up soon. 
Hopefully the next time you hear from me will be from the lovely Koningsdam!

Checked out of the hotel and waiting for shuttle to Canada Place.

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Hello . I have not been able to post much recently. Things are chaotic here and of course very upsetting at times. Our teenager is having a difficult time as Tana is not doing well lately. She has pneumonia again and the situation is scary even though this has happened before. The Pulmonary Fibrosis has worsened suddenly and we are all trying hard to hold things together. I am very aware that none of this is cheerful  and it was a struggle to write these few sentences.

However, I am holding, @kazu,Jacqui in my heart as today has to be very sad. I love the picture of the two of you .

@JazzyV, Vanessa, I hope your knees are ok today or at least a little better. Do you have a cane?

@StPeteCruiser, I hope you are able to travel home soon. It looks like you have very good caregivers!

We had wicked rain for two days and the basement was flooding. We have a sump pump that saved the day but DSIL was mopping yesterday and today for hours. I am happy to report the sun is shining now.

I'm so sorry to hear Tana has pneumonia and things are not good at the moment Terry.

I am sending you our prayers 🙏 and good wishes for Tana's recovery.

Graham.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

A short while ago I remember a discussion on cruise cards and where they are worn.

I kept our cards in my pocket but interestingly MSC cards had a small hole punched in the bottom left hand corner to attach to a lanyard.

Graham.

IMG_20230501_191529.jpg

• Like 10

I have always had a hole in mine and wore it on my HAL lanyard but on the K this year no hole so I punch one. The card would not work. Apparently the hole was the culprit.   Was not near the bar code.  

• Like 13

Busy morning for me today. 2 loads of laundry done and bed made, , oven cleaned (the glass window was really bad), liter robot emptied and refilled, utility room swept. I needed a rest before I get on with finishing the packing for my cruise beginning tomorrow.  

The food today looks wonderful, the drink not so much and the wine is way beyond my paygrade.

Back in 1984 in a belated 25th anniversary celebration we went to Hawaii not knowing that our arrived date; May Day was Lei Day. It was a most wonderful celebration every where including the statute of King Kamehameha which was draped with Leis from head to toe.

@kazuJacqui I am so sorry that a day which brings so much joy to so many people is a day of sorrow for you. Thank you for posting the photo.

@smitty34877Terri I am very sorry to see that Tana's Pulmonery Fibrosis has suddenly gotten worse and that she has pneumonia. Praying for her that God's will be done. Also praying for you and her son as you struggle with this.

Okay, I have caught my breath now time for me to go shut up my suitcase and pack my carryon with the meds, jewelry, etc. Prayers for those who need them and hurray's for those who don't.

Jane 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

QM2 had to cancel the last 2 transatlantic crossings at short notice because of a problem leaving a lot of peoples plans in chaos.

I understand it is sailing again tomorrow so hopefully it will be good for you when you sail on her Roy.

Graham.

IMG_20230427_202416.jpg

IMG_20230427_202319.jpg

Yes, that was quite a strange situation.

Roy

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Happy May Day!  My sister lives near an elementary school that delivers May Baskets to the neighborhood!  Each year they get a cute little gift from the kiddos.  @kazuthinking of you today.  @smitty34877sorry to hear that Tana is having more problems again.  @marshhawkwe've used What's App to communicate when we're on a cruise.  

Had a "fun" morning at the dentist this morning, not my favorite place to go!  Prayers for all that need them, and cheers for the rest!  I enjoy all of the pictures and jokes here!  Thanks for making my day!  Karen

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Sorry to hear this. Hope things improve and my best wishes to you all.

Susan

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Best wishes for your check on Wednesday for your DH.  Praying all goes well 🙏🏻 

2 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

Good morning to Dailyites who make this a great read in the morning. Our 58 days at sea traveling around South America (2/7-4/6/23) was our best trip ever.

So happy to hear how much you enjoyed your trip and the celebrations you were able to have 👍 

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Such sad news and OMG on the struggles and challenges you face.  My prayers are with you all 🙏🏻 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Hugs and warm thoughts and caring feelings sent across the miles, especially for Tana and the teenager.  The teenager needs lots of hugs.  Thinking of  you all and the struggles you are facing.

@Cruzin Terri Your bathroom looks fabulous!  I would love to have that shower.  

@dobiemom Hoping you get the A-OK report from your doctor. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

I am happy to say that I finished the closet task.  Lots of stuff to go to the Thrift shop.  Since this whole ordeal has resulted in about a 12 pound weight loss, coupled with the weight loss from when I had Covid last Spring, there were a good number of clothes that are too big. 

I do not intend to gain back that weight.  So those clothes are going.  

it is interesting, and I remember this well.  The afternoon of the day of the flood I told Jim that the next day I intended to clean out the closet and get things ready to send to the thrift shop.  Well, seven months later it finally got done.

Tomorrow I will try to tackle the other closet and then bring the load up the car with the donations.

I am so proud of myself for finally getting this done.

Terri

• Like 20

Today has given me the sense of what it must be like for a crew member on turn around day! Started off at an Urgent Care Clinic getting treated for the sinusitis I have been struggling with the last couple of weeks. Strong antibiotics, a steroid shot and prednisone pack medications will fix that. Then it was unpacking, laundry, repacking, house hold chores, outside tidy up combined with jet lag. Whew!

Still have some packing to do but that’s pretty easy traveling with Florida weather and having daughters laundry to use.

Need to get a fairly early start tomorrow so we can get some medical power of attorney done. So maybe no Me’sMe’s or early post from moi.

It’s going to be pizza delivery and early to bed night.

Didn’t get around to reading all post today but sometimes one has to prioritize tasking.

Sunset in Seattle Sunday evening and a couple of 40,000 plane shots of the Rockies.

image.thumb.jpeg.ccb1c1c8ca0620132b317fada8b789c5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c48bf06e111267650cf6a2c294ad57c0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.878d7403ab066ef72691b82c5e78bb83.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 17