The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday June 18th, 2023

richwmn

Father's Day

Today is Go Fishing Day, International Panic Day, and International Picnic Day

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.--Mahatma Gandhi

Meal Suggestion for today - Buffalo Tofu Wrap
Drink of the Day - Chocolate Martini
Wine of the Day - Château de Beaucastel Châteauneuf-du-Pape 2019
Destination of the Day - Rotterdam, Netherlands South Holland

Today in History:
1928 American aviator Amelia Earhart becomes the 1st woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean, landing at Burry Port, Wales

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 6-19

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Tracy Arm Fjord/Juneau, Alaska eta 6-19

Nieuw Amsterdam

Vancouver, BC Canada 07:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Statendam

Copenhagen, Denmark 0700-1500

Noordam

Whittier, Alaska 01:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

Limassol, Cyprus Greece 07:00 - 15:00

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Eidfjord, Norway Hardangerfjord eta 6-19

Volendam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Westerdam

Seattle, Washington 07:00 - 16:00

Zaandam

Quebec City, Canada 07:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

Alta, Norway 1200-2300

0618World.thumb.png.b9c216a9911f59c8962ab7ced636cfc1.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 12

Good morning.

We had a lovely service.

Father David has now shaved his beard off.

Please note

On July 15th will be 

Father David's 50th birthday.

Excellent quote.

We have been to Rotterdam twice on cruises.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone who is unwell.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

• Like 29

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report.  Happy Father’s Day to all you fathers, some of whom may go fishing today.   No panicking here.  A picnic would be nice but the threat of rain this afternoon probably wouldn’t allow it.  I like the quote but not the meal suggestion.  I think the drink would be too sweet for me.  The wine is one of my favorites.  Prayers for everyone on our list today.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events.  

• Like 29

Today’s Care list:

Smitty34877’s DH needing further surgery and chemotherapy

Summer slope with a health issue

Srdamcer with C. Diff infection

Marshhawk recovering from Covid 

Victims of bus crash in Manitoba

Two PA State Troopers shot - 1 deceased, w in serious condition

Canadian wildfires and tornado victims in Texas

Shooting victims 

Citizens of Ukraine, dam explosion with flooding

From the rotation:

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Tana’s pulmonary issues

RMLincoln’s DH with glaucoma issues

Roy recovering from pneumonia and slowly getting stronger

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!

Durangoscots (Susan), belated Happy Birthday!

Good luck to StLouisCruiser’s Ren and team

Norseh2o enjoying time in France

Sharon in AZ at Mt Lemmon for a week

Catmando became a non-smoker and marshhawk cutting down

Luvteaching’s DH showing continued improvement

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

Cruising/At Sea:

3 days for Cruzin Terri (Oceania Marina June 21 to July 23)

aliaschief (Azamara Journey to June 28)

• Like 29
  • Thanks 9

Went to two wineries today that specialize in Sauternes and dry whites. Headed back to ship where we sail at 6:00 PM.

Going To Chef’s Italian Table dinner tonight.

Our beautiful weather continues.

Nearing ship. Thanks for reports. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.fe7d17ff602bc1d34b5b68c4ea7062aa.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1bf7b03c67fa834731f1a2985fe47346.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2db6eaeaac5461e4d0b956392bad1edc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.18a65325465ef10f6d17746e1690af32.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.534183b9303a1f9e96c96dc3f2b78e2b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.67bf12bda234ee5407e478b7a499d4d8.jpeg

• Like 36
  • Thanks 5

Good morning friends and Happy Father's Day to all the Dads!  We have a sunny morning, 66F.  It will be quite warm today at 89 with a chance of thunderstorms.  Of course.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for today's Daily and Fleet Report.  Go fishing day sounds like a great idea for some Dads who enjoy it.  However I hope no one panics today and I don't know why we need International Panic Day.  On the other hand International Picnic Day can make up for it.  Maybe Graham @grapau27 and Pauline will have a picnic on the beach today!  By the way Graham, thank you for Father David's sermon and his birthdate.  We will want to wish him birthday happiness.

I like the quote today by Gandhi.  No thank you once again to the meal, buffalo tofu wrap.  A chocolate martini doesn't sound like a real cocktail, does it?  I would guess the wine is french but have no idea if I'd like it.  Which reminds me, I hope Bruce @aliaschief and Sue @DWAliaschief are enjoying a second day touring wineries in Bordeaux.  Beautiful photos, Bruce.  And what an important day in history, Amelia Earhart's 1st flight across the Atlantic.  Thank you to all our Food and Beverage ladies, Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for their informative reports.🥂 

Thank you also goes to Vanessa @JazzyV for the great Care and Celebration list.  Prayers will be offered for all on the Care list and all those experiencing sad or painful days.  Let's not forget the Ukrainians, the Manitoba bus fatalities and victims, and the recent tornado victims.🙏  Edited to add the two PA police officers, one of whom died.  🙏 A huge congratulations to the Celebration list, and the Michigan Jaguars for their MLS Next tournament win in Dallas yesterday.  Keep up the good work!🥂  And happy cruising!🚢

Our port of the day is Rotterdam, the Netherlands.  We had that port once before on Feb. 25, 2022 so I'll post the link below.  Having been there once I had some photos to share as well.  Enjoy!

On May 7, 2015 the Royal Princess arrived in Rotterdam near the end of a transatlantic cruise from Ft. Lauderdale.  On this cruise we had arranged to sail with our friends from Myrtle Beach, SC.  They were not the adventurous type and insisted we take ship tours in all our ports so that is what we did.  Shortly after arrival we got on a bus and went to Amsterdam for the day.  I'm not going to post Amsterdam photos however, but will show you a few from Rotterdam and just outside town as we drove out of and into the port city.

Arriving in Rotterdam00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKDjTTGRlttlGC-_qdDMiBk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435187624

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ_OlufyNxQAx9A55o515cd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435187629

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK1EbwAJlXfu30fe7sLf2IQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435187633

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIqU-5pkThYx4dyTmcZyfxz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435187648

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIHDKemZfgHRfFQ7tWxl2c4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435187649

The scene at the dock near Erasmus bridge in Rotterdam.  In Dutch it's Erasmusbrug.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPHDmsOs9QhMD6NdqAXJMH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435194297

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK5CfWO1rZvq5oR-baN0V7-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435194297

From the tour bus, the Royal Princess00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK4jWTHQISZpFcpJFAiY29k?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435194298

I'll save Amsterdam for its own day, but we had a wonderful day touring there.  Except when our bus was sitting at a stop light and the rear of our bus was grazed by an electric tram!  Oh and of course the many near misses by bicyclists as we dared stray near their bike lanes, or even trying to cross the street.  Good times!

On our way back to Rotterdam at the end of our tour we saw some beautiful countryside.  We even got to stop and take photos at a windmill, which was someone's home. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLSQwD35Kbo5m_Ft-SErFwV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188230

A huge nest on a pole.  Not sure if that is a crane or what.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIuALCqXRd0buNl5rj2IFug?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188242

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJbkXKCV5VMn5-298a8cZHj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188243

Peaceful canal00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIop-eKb7Gbo2EdOVNduUD0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188254

Another awesome windmill00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJydPES6QXAdF6hSOSCXAYt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188262

It would be nice to live on this scenic canal00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKETUzx6EDFT_kByTUI_bg7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188266

The Netherlands is a beautiful country, and I'm proud to say I have Dutch ancestry.  I always enjoy visiting there.

Hoping all the Fathers have a wonderful day being pampered by their families.  Have a good Sunday, too.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 5

Rich, thank you for getting us started with today’s R & D! A bit cloudy after some late storms that swept through here last night. My dinner with the neighbors was fun. We even enjoyed some pool time. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping track of us. Just gym, Aldi, Bindi walks and clean up after last night should keep me busy. Maybe some pool time. 

IMG_1416.jpeg.7e9f052e4ec4eeafff2bd7da43052a6c.jpeg

IMG_1417.jpeg.93fb48ba5c6f22c73015184db8f460ba.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Château de Beaucastel Châteauneuf-du-Pape 2019

A very lovely wine for a pretty amazing price. Outside of my normal budget, but I would love to try it. What an amazing blend of grapes. Who knows, I just might want a bottle for a special occasion. And compared to similar wines, this price is reasonable. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $79.99.

Winemaker Notes

#7 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2022

The 2019 Château de Beaucastel red has an elegant deep ruby red color. The powerful and elegant nose offers superb notes of spices, cherries and cocoa. Elegantly and perfectly balanced, the mouth reveals a beautiful dense structure with fine tannins and complex aromas of red fruit such as blackcurrants and floral notes. The finish is very long and harmonious. A very sophisticated wine, signature of Beaucastel’s style.

Blend: Grenache, Cinsault, Syrah, Mourvèdre, Counoise, Vaccarèse, Terret, Muscardin, Clairette, Picpoul, Bourboulenc, Picardan & Roussanne

JS97 James Suckling

So much ripe damson-plum and blackberry fruit, but also notes of licorice, candied ginger and baking spices. In spite of all the considerable power and concentration, this is anything but loud or domineering, rather it tastes very poised and precise. Very long finish with pronounced stony character. From organically grown grapes. Drink or hold

D96 Decanter

Immediately rich and damson-scented with a shot of cassis running through it. A medium-bodied, very classic vintage with good freshness. Has a good sense of weight and drive, not endlessly deep like 2017 or 2016 but perfectly balanced. Should age well into the medium, if not long term, but what's more important is that it's extremely delicious, balanced and fresh. Grenache and Cinsault fermented in cement, Syrah and Mourvèdre fermented in foudre. A little less Syrah this year.

JD96 Jeb Dunnuck

The 2019 Châteauneuf Du Pape is the usual blend of roughly 30% Mourvèdre, 30% Grenache, 10% Syrah, 10% Counoise, and the rest a mix of permitted varieties that was brought up in foudre. It offers a vivid ruby/purple hue as well as stunning aromatics of blueberries, violets, peppered beef, leather, and spring flowers. Medium to full-bodied, beautifully balanced, and elegant, it has just a kiss of classic Beaucastel wild, sauvage nuances, ripe, silky tannins, and a great finish. Give bottles 4-5 years of bottle age and enjoy over the following two decades. Rating : 96+

WS96 Wine Spectator
This is pretty gorgeous, with a remarkably pure display of cassis, cherry puree and plum reduction flavors laced ever so gently with threads of leather, alder and dried garrigue. The sleek iron spine is buried deeply on the finish, and there’s a lingering hint of warm stone as the fruit echoes through. Built to last.
RP95 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
The dark-fruited, plummy and cola-scented 2019 Chateauneuf du Pape is a rich, full-bodied effort reminiscent of the 2007 or 2009. Dense, powerful and savory, it may drink well for a short time on release, but expect it to close up shortly, only to reemerge in several years. There's ample concentration and sufficient tannins for the long haul, with a long, dusty finish and hints of licorice that bode well for the future.
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 5

Happy Father's Day to alll fathers and those that have stepped into the role.

Chocolate Martini cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part DeKuyper® Creme De Cacao Dark Liqueur
1 part Pinnacle® Vanilla Vodka
1 part Irish Cream

Instructions
Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.

Screenshot 2023-06-18 at 7.21.03 AM.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 12

Good morning!

Happy Father's day to all the Dad's, your role in a child's life is crucial.

A belated Happy Birthday to @durangoscots! Hope your day was enjoyable and relaxing. 😊🎂🎁

My thanks to all contibutors to the Daily.

Prayers for all of us today; cheers to all celebrating. 

Have a good day all and take care. 

Caron

• Like 27

14 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends and Happy Father's Day to all the Dads!  We have a sunny morning, 66F.  It will be quite warm today at 89 with a chance of thunderstorms.  Of course.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for today's Daily and Fleet Report.  Go fishing day sounds like a great idea for some Dads who enjoy it.  However I hope no one panics today and I don't know why we need International Panic Day.  On the other hand International Picnic Day can make up for it.  Maybe Graham @grapau27 and Pauline will have a picnic on the beach today!  By the way Graham, thank you for Father David's sermon and his birthdate.  We will want to wish him birthday happiness.

I like the quote today by Gandhi.  No thank you once again to the meal, buffalo tofu wrap.  A chocolate martini doesn't sound like a real cocktail, does it?  I would guess the wine is french but have no idea if I'd like it.  Which reminds me, I hope Bruce @aliaschief and Sue @DWAliaschief are enjoying a second day touring wineries in Bordeaux.  Beautiful photos, Bruce.  And what an important day in history, Amelia Earhart's 1st flight across the Atlantic.  Thank you to all our Food and Beverage ladies, Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for their informative reports.🥂 

Thank you also goes to Vanessa @JazzyV for the great Care and Celebration list.  Prayers will be offered for all on the Care list and all those experiencing sad or painful days.  Let's not forget the Ukrainians, the Manitoba bus fatalities and victims, and the recent tornado victims.🙏  Edited to add the two PA police officers, one of whom died.  🙏 A huge congratulations to the Celebration list, and the Michigan Jaguars for their MLS Next tournament win in Dallas yesterday.  Keep up the good work!🥂  And happy cruising!🚢

Our port of the day is Rotterdam, the Netherlands.  We had that port once before on Feb. 25, 2022 so I'll post the link below.  Having been there once I had some photos to share as well.  Enjoy!

On May 7, 2015 the Royal Princess arrived in Rotterdam near the end of a transatlantic cruise from Ft. Lauderdale.  On this cruise we had arranged to sail with our friends from Myrtle Beach, SC.  They were not the adventurous type and insisted we take ship tours in all our ports so that is what we did.  Shortly after arrival we got on a bus and went to Amsterdam for the day.  I'm not going to post Amsterdam photos however, but will show you a few from Rotterdam and just outside town as we drove out of and into the port city.

Arriving in Rotterdam00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKDjTTGRlttlGC-_qdDMiBk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435187624

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ_OlufyNxQAx9A55o515cd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435187629

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK1EbwAJlXfu30fe7sLf2IQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435187633

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIqU-5pkThYx4dyTmcZyfxz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435187648

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIHDKemZfgHRfFQ7tWxl2c4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435187649

The scene at the dock near Erasmus bridge in Rotterdam.  In Dutch it's Erasmusbrug.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPHDmsOs9QhMD6NdqAXJMH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435194297

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK5CfWO1rZvq5oR-baN0V7-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435194297

From the tour bus, the Royal Princess00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK4jWTHQISZpFcpJFAiY29k?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435194298

I'll save Amsterdam for its own day, but we had a wonderful day touring there.  Except when our bus was sitting at a stop light and the rear of our bus was grazed by an electric tram!  Oh and of course the many near misses by bicyclists as we dared stray near their bike lanes, or even trying to cross the street.  Good times!

On our way back to Rotterdam at the end of our tour we saw some beautiful countryside.  We even got to stop and take photos at a windmill, which was someone's home. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLSQwD35Kbo5m_Ft-SErFwV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188230

A huge nest on a pole.  Not sure if that is a crane or what.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIuALCqXRd0buNl5rj2IFug?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188242

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJbkXKCV5VMn5-298a8cZHj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188243

Peaceful canal00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIop-eKb7Gbo2EdOVNduUD0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188254

Another awesome windmill00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJydPES6QXAdF6hSOSCXAYt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188262

It would be nice to live on this scenic canal00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKETUzx6EDFT_kByTUI_bg7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188266

The Netherlands is a beautiful country, and I'm proud to say I have Dutch ancestry.  I always enjoy visiting there.

Hoping all the Fathers have a wonderful day being pampered by their families.  Have a good Sunday, too.

Thank you Sandi and nice photos.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. It will be a nice day here and get up to 80 later.

Happy Father's  Day to all the Dads!

Panic is avoided here as it just does not help.Picnics are fun but not today.I might try the recipe for myself and DD but the rest of the group would complain.I like the quote and we have not been to the port.

Last night we celebrated Father's  Day and two birthdays. DH turns 75 on the 30 th but will probably be in the hospital. I made the requested dishes and they were popular.We also had BBQ chicken and cabbage slaw.DD made us a spectacular  carrot cake fir dessert.Today the teenager goes to see his Dad and DSIL does the same.

Have a great day!

• Like 29

thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich.

A happy Father’s day to all of our Dads out there and a happy heavenly Father’s day to those no longer with us.

IMG_3791.png.ffa54800655b1fae6da8e02b8e3d5be7.png

It’s another rainy day here so there will be no picnic and I doubt even them most avid fisherman would want to be out.  That leaves panic day - I’ll try not to.

I like the Gandhi quote.  Rotterdam is a lovely city.  I was only there for short while and planned a longer visit until our cruise ship became housing for refugees.  Hoping to get there still for a longer period of time to enjoy it all.

IMG_3790.thumb.jpeg.dd6e8d4f57b84d2b12160baf564898a1.jpeg

Our rain turned into a major storm last night.  Big winds, rain, thunder and some scary lightening flashes.  Even Ivan woke up a couple of times with a startled bark.  I moved the remaining babies into one of my big containers to protect them from the wind and will have to go out in the rain to move them out so they don’t drown.  For the record, this is NOT how I cook lobster and lobster isn’t red until it is cooked 😉 

IMG_3788.thumb.jpeg.854c5c27ae8ee35122b521ab4424d6f9.jpeg

I guess the weather means I have to house clean and cruise plan.  Finalized a tour for 2024 yesterday, posted it on the roll call and there’s already only a few spots left already!

Prayers for those on the Care list & for those that need them and cheers 🥂 to those celebrating.

IMG_3787.jpeg.e83a50809e511c5d31b862eaf967168f.jpeg

Have a great Sunday everyone !!!!!

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Happy Father's Day to all Dads and those who step in to fill the role - you are greatly appreciated!  

I'm up early and we're out the door in just a short while - it's the annual Father's Day  clean up in the small country cemetery about 1 1/2 hours away from here.  This year DH has to chair the meeting, as the fellow who usually does is not far from being a member of the in-ground club.  That also means we have to get there early to trim around the graves with the string whip and tidy things up before people get there.  There are usually only about a half dozen of us, but it's a tradition that we like to keep up for the graves of the family that are there.

I'd love to go fishing, rarely panic, and think a picnic would be great today.  Chocolate martini - heck, yes!!  I'm sure the wine is nice, and know for sure DH wouldn't appreciate today's menu suggestion.  As his kids haven't invited us over for anything, I think we'll be ordering from his favourite Italian restaurant and enjoying a quiet dinner on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.  A belated Happy Birthday to @durangoscots for yesterday; I hope you had a wonderful day.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 30

Good afternoon from London. We are waiting for our room to be ready at the Sheraton Grand London. 

This is me:image.png.b4eafd678b9f6ec4e8d77793c54240ef.png

I am sure that I have a dark cloud over my head.  Yesterday morning in Jacksonville we were thrilled that we were able to check our luggage all the way through to London.  Guess what?  Of the four pieces, two made it to Heathrow and two did not.  To be honest folks, I am tired of things going wrong. I think we have had our fair share and it is time to pick on someone else.  Now I am sure that you will all say that you also have had your share of troubles, so it is time that the troubles go elsewhere and stay away from the Dailyites.  That is it.

I am glad that we are here in London for a few days before the cruise or I would really be in trouble.  Jim is missing one bag and. I am missing my large bag with most of my clothes in it.  We are praying hard to St. Anthony that they show up before Wednesday morning when we have to leave for Southampton.

So other from that, it is warm and sunny here.  I am very tired.  Didn’t get much sleep on the plane and our room is not ready. When it is, I am going to collapse.

Happy Father’s Day to all those who are Fathers.  We celebrate you who have provided for your families and were roll models for your children.  God bless you all.

Prayers for all who need them, especially those who are ill and facing surgery.

Cheers to those on the celebration list and cruising.

Have a wonderful day everyone and God bless,

Terri

• Like 21
  • Thanks 11

3 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon from London. We are waiting for our room to be ready at the Sheraton Grand London. 

This is me:image.png.b4eafd678b9f6ec4e8d77793c54240ef.png

I am sure that I have a dark cloud over my head.  Yesterday morning in Jacksonville we were thrilled that we were able to check our luggage all the way through to London.  Guess what?  Of the four pieces, two made it to Heathrow and two did not.  To be honest folks, I am tired of things going wrong. I think we have had our fair share and it is time to pick on someone else.  Now I am sure that you will all say that you also have had your share of troubles, so it is time that the troubles go elsewhere and stay away from the Dailyites.  That is it.

I am glad that we are here in London for a few days before the cruise or I would really be in trouble.  Jim is missing one bag and. I am missing my large bag with most of my clothes in it.  We are praying hard to St. Anthony that they show up before Wednesday morning when we have to leave for Southampton.

So other from that, it is warm and sunny here.  I am very tired.  Didn’t get much sleep on the plane and our room is not ready. When it is, I am going to collapse.

Happy Father’s Day to all those who are Fathers.  We celebrate you who have provided for your families and were roll models for your children.  God bless you all.

Prayers for all who need them, especially those who are ill and facing surgery.

Cheers to those on the celebration list and cruising.

Have a wonderful day everyone and God bless,

Terri

Prayers 🙏 your cases turn up on the next flight Terri.

• Like 15

Happy Fathers Day to all our Dailyite Fathers.  Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, Ann, and Graham.  I've never been a fisherman.  I tried it a bit as a child but had no luck and found it very boring.  I try not to panic.  I don't really picnic but do often get take-out and look for a table in a nice outdoor setting, and on a BHB I will often get food in the lido and head to the aft deck.

I love the Gandhi quote but will pass on the meal.  Amelia Earhart was a true pioneer.  I've been to Rotterdam just once, my first modern HAL cruise, arriving on Rotterdam VI and spending a couple of nights on Rotterdam V.

I'm drawing a blank today on an alternate meal suggestion.

Roy

• Like 31

Good morning everyone.   Happy Father's Day! It is going to be a beautiful day.   No fishing today, maybe Wednesday.   Hopefully no panic as I am cooking a rib roast on the Big Green Egg.   Great quote by Gandhi.  Pass on the tofu and the Martini but I love Chateau Beaucastel.   We have a few older bottles in the cellar.   Probably won't replace them though.  Thank you for the beautiful photos @StLouisCruisers and @aliaschief.  

@durangoscots bubble not working but Happy Belated Birthday!    🎂

Vanessa thank you for our Care and Celebrations lists.  Prayers for everyone needing them and the people of Ukraine.  

Family dinner this afternoon which will be nice.  They are heading home tomorrow but will be back up for the 4th of July.  More blooms are emerging.  

IMG_20230617_095331239.jpg

IMG_20230617_094314074_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230617_092737986_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230617_092340193_HDR.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!

It is a lovely sunny day here in mid-Michigan.  It is currently 59F and the expected high is 83F.  I think Sue and I are going to spend the day hiking at either City Forest or Stratford Woods.  We can do yard work and such tomorrow.  Tonight we've been invited to a neighbor's for dessert.  She promised strawberry shortcake.  

Today's meal wouldn't be high on my list, but I'd eat it if I had to.  We're talking about taking along a picnic lunch for today's hiking excursion.  No panic here.  I think I'd like to try the chocolate martini.  I've always wanted to do so and it is chocolate.  

Maybe we should all reconsider and try tofu:

Tofu is a food prepared by coagulating soy milk and then pressing the resulting curds into solid white blocks of varying softness: silken, soft, firm, extra firm, or super firm. Tofu is also known as bean curd in English. Beyond these broad textural categories, there are many varieties of tofu. It has a subtle flavor, so it can be used in savory and sweet dishes. It is often seasoned or marinated to suit the dish and its flavors, and due to its spongy texture, it absorbs flavors well. It is a traditional component of East Asian and Southeast Asian cuisines, and has been consumed in China for over 2,000 years. In modern Western cooking, it is most often treated as a meat substitute.

Nutritionally, tofu is low in calories, while containing a relatively large amount of protein. It is high in iron, and can have a high calcium or magnesium content.

The flavors in this first recipe sound good.  If you are really opposed to tofu, you could substitute chicken and go from there.   https://www.thissavoryvegan.com/buffalo-ranch-tofu-wraps/

buffalotofuwrap1.thumb.jpg.5cbd7fc4934481d4e5fb4646eeba55b3.jpg

This one cubes the tofu and fries it up before adding the buffalo sauce.   https://www.food.com/recipe/buffalo-tofu-wrap-363267

buffalotofuwrap2.jpg.c359c5593291c904845fc5c15b70afdd.jpg

This last recipe is way different.   Think of a chicken salad wrap except that you are using tofu in place of the chicken.   It would be quick to prepare.   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/buffalo-tofu-wrap/

buffalotofuwrap3.jpg.8c4f0a1e464d51cec3718290084ab917.jpg

We have quite a bit of variety today in the meal selection, so I hope you can find one you might want to try.  Number 1 sounds best to me, but a lot of work.  So, I'm leaning towards 2 or 3.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 9

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL THE DAILYITE DADS!

download.png.3844bb8fc86c8dd9221b80d6fbefa615.png

Good morning from another cloudy  day in central Texas.  It is already 81F. feels like 90F with humidity of 90% and a dew point of 78F.  Our predicted high is 97F but I'm guessing it will go above that.  We're still under a heat advisory until 8 pm.  It looks like rain, but none is predicted, for what that's worth.  Rain was predicted for yesterday, but we didn't get any.  After all the yard work yesterday, and walking behind the mower for double the time of my walk, I think I'll skip the walk today.

We stopped fishing years and years ago when we realized the fish headed to the other side of the lake when they saw us.  😁  I try not to panic, and found last year when DH had some scary medical issues, I didn't panic at the time.  It's just too hot for a picnic now.

The Mahatma Gandhi quote is very good.

We'll pass on the meal (tofu) and drink.  I'm not sure if it was Chateau de Beaucastel Chateauneuf-du-Pape or one from another cellar, but we had Chateauneuf-du-Pape at a wine tasting and enjoyed it.  Just wish they hadn't been so stingy with the pour. 😉

Unfortunately, we have not been to Rotterdam in all our visits to The Netherlands.

Amelia Earhart set many records and proved women could do the same things men could.

@kazu Jacqui, some of the diehard fishermen in our community say that cloudy days and even days with light rain are the best fishing days.

@ger_77 Gerry. I like the tradition of gathering to tend the graves and cemetery of family.

@Cruzin Terri  😱  I'm sorry your bags didn't make it to London.  Hopefully, they will be there today.  You deserve to have things go your way now, but I hope that black clouds leaves all the Dailyites alone.

@ottahand7 Nancy, thanks for the lovely flower pictures.

197747592_1883906205115951_7390876120443331373_n.jpg.63f78b90c8a8087a8d1b0e6b6565fe6d.jpg

346798950_2066287680374554_2447736580298111331_n.png.49f235df0de3db9052b4a8e4b1b229f1.png

345035781_613915294014353_660189367834695686_n.thumb.jpg.16bb1157a75d92f01c4b313e58d953e3.jpg

344365509_937783057467690_1412516231557823802_n.jpg.c86ab581a6b5d65b878be9a612d27ce2.jpg

344279853_1410631409690010_7331573964297084347_n.thumb.jpg.89a64f1576dc363f182325f47af34f56.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6