For Fun: What's Your Oldest / Newest / Favorite RC Ship?

For the old timers on the board: What is the oldest Royal Caribbean ship you sailed, what is the newest, and what is your favorite ship (or class)?

To the newcomers, what ship most interests you? 

The oldest ship I was on was Monarch of the Seas, in the 90s. It felt so big at the time! The newest ship I sailed was Wonder. It's tough for me to say what my fave class is!

• Like 3

Favorites:

My first cruise in 1992 was on Monarch of the Seas so that will always have a special feeling since it introduced me to the world of cruising.

Song of America in 1995 was a favorite too since it was small and we could dock in Hamilton in Bermuda.

Serenade of the Seas and the Radiance class are all time favorites because they are the perfect size for me.

I'll probably never sail on a newer ship because they are too big for me and I have no interest in all the "stuff" they offer.

All my RCL cruises were good!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Oldest: Enchantment

Newest: Wonder

Favorite: Wonder

we just booked Wonder for next year. @OCSC Mike, RCCL should be paying you a commission on our booking because hearing from you everything you love about Wonder has a lot to do with why we decided to book her.

We started cruising on other cruise lines so we’re relative newcomers to the Royal fleet as compared to some of you.

Oldest: Freedom

Newest: Odyssey

Favorite: Allure

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, perfect match said:

we just booked Wonder for next year. @OCSC Mike, RCCL should be paying you a commission on our booking because hearing from you everything you love about Wonder has a lot to do with why we decided to book her.

@perfect match I hope I didn’t steer you wrong but if your current favorite is Allure, I’m confident you’ll like Wonder, even if doesn’t become your new favorite.

Wonder isn’t really that different from the other Oasis class ships & I’d happily sail any of them, but anything that’s slightly different or added on Wonder just happened to be a positive for my preferences (besides the slightly inflated price of course). Those few differences won’t all be positive for everyone of course but I really do see them as relatively minor in the grand scheme of things. If you don’t like El Loco Fresh or the enclosed Solarium or miss having a broadway show, I’d hope that stuff wouldn’t exactly ruin your cruise for most people.

• Thanks 1

Oldest:  Empress, sailing from Philadelphia

Newest: whichever is the newest among Grandeur, Vision, or Enchantment

No interest in anything bigger than those, especially if there is a central promenade.

Does having a vintage poster of Song of America on our wall count for anything??

• Like 3